Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

philippine postal worker's, i'm so mad

We've all been there, looking forward to the postman bringing that special birthday, xmas card, from a loved one, with a pound note or more. I thought i would do the same, by sending my girlfriend a card, with a small amount of money. My giirlfriend recieved the card, minus the money, i was so annoyed, but my girlfriend was'nt, she said, it's quite common in the philippines, where the postal service's see mail coming from other country's, that they tamper with the mail, mmh, not good.

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ticker View Post
    We've all been there, looking forward to the postman bringing that special birthday, xmas card, from a loved one, with a pound note or more. I thought i would do the same, by sending my girlfriend a card, with a small amount of money. My giirlfriend recieved the card, minus the money, i was so annoyed, but my girlfriend was'nt, she said, it's quite common in the philippines, where the postal service's see mail coming from other country's, that they tamper with the mail, mmh, not good.
    I would be annoyed too. They obviously can't be doing their job properly or are not busy if they have time to open every letter that comes from another country. It's not good sending things to there! I sent a small package that took 2months to get there! Seems it's send something small and the thieves might open your letter/small package or send something bigger and customs sting you for tax & VAT. I'm surprised that anyone bothers to send anything to Phils! I'm going to need to send a few little things in February, but not sure how I'm going to do it now!

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    They obviously can't be doing their job properly. It's not good sending things to there! I sent a small package that took 2months to get there!
    ... In December 2007, I sent a *Christmas Card to my THEN girlfriend [now wife] ... and *IT wasn't delivered at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... In December 2007, I sent a *Christmas Card to my THEN girlfriend [now wife] ... and *IT wasn't delivered at all!
    That's annoying when that happens as they probably think that you haven't bothered about them when you have!

You should never send cash in the post in this country as they do go walkies never mind the Phil.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Respected Member pacificelectric's Avatar
    If it can't be any comfort to you, tampering with mail also happens in western countries, and France has a bad record for that. I have had parcels and various letters disappear, especially over holiday and X-mas season, when the mail hires extra workers.

In the Phils it seems to me that even ordinary mail cannot be distributed without a signature. Once I sent a card to my gf in Davao at her home address and it appears that the postman called SEVEN times to give it but she was at work every time. The eighth time her son signed on her behalf... So I write her at her office because they will always take the mail anyway!

Banned
    We have postman called Mr X-Ray because he can detect if there's money inside the enevlope.

If you did that, there's no luck to claim it as there's rule in our country about putting money inside envelope.

My Mom-in- Law did send me money by post when i was in Pinas. She said she made a surprise to me. She have already sent it by post with £60 inside.
    I said Mom, I am sure I will not receive it. So I told my husband to send me thru bank not by post next time as I received nothing.

It's not a very sensible thing to do because once they have found money in mail from the UK to that address, the mail might not even arrive there the next time, regardless of whether it contains money or not. I believe that it's more common for the mail to be thrown away after being tampered with so you were very lucky that it arrived there at all.

Sent small parcel november 18th still waiting for it to arrive in Cebu
    :Yesterday was history.Tomorrow is a mystery.Today is a gift.This is why it is called"The present!"

Quote Originally Posted by dave63 View Post
    Sent small parcel november 18th still waiting for it to arrive in Cebu
    The last package I sent to near Cebu took 2 months and a letter took not far off that. Guess I'd better think about sending Valentines stuff petty soon!

Respected Member pacificelectric's Avatar
    From France to Davao and vice-versa, about two weeks only!!!

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    A few years ago I sent my cousins a few beaded bracelets in a birthday or Christmas card. As usual the card got there minus the bracelets. The bracelets were only worth a few dollars but I was so angry that someone would actually steal from the post and as I had never heard of that happening before (I live in Australia and you can go to jail for opening letters and packages that aren't addressed to you and mailmen have been jailed in the past) I wrote a letter to the Philippine Consulate in Sydney expressing my anger.

I told them that if they actually paid their staff better that people wouldn't steal from the post and that people would actually have more faith in the postal system. I can't remember exactly what I wrote, but in the reply that I received it did mention that I was not to make 'sweeping generalisations' about the postal workers in the Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by jaygraham View Post
    I told them that if they actually paid their staff better that people wouldn't steal from the post.....
    Not really true as greed works in every country. Once you learn how to do something that makes you money, you do it more & more, that is the way business grows.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    The last package I sent to near Cebu took 2 months and a letter took not far off that. Guess I'd better think about sending Valentines stuff petty soon!
    Sent stuff on other occations and only took two to three weeks!
    :Yesterday was history.Tomorrow is a mystery.Today is a gift.This is why it is called"The present!"

Thread Information