Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

divorcing my husband without residency

Hi everyone ,my marriage broken down 2 weeks before 2 years of marriage caused of domestic violence issue,i married here in england,im now renting a flat for nearly 3 months,i dont know how to start coz i dont have money,my concern is .is the immigration will deport me?please help......thanks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by john_weng View Post
    Hi everyone ,my marriage broken down 2 weeks before 2 years of marriage caused of domestic violence issue,i married here in england,im now renting a flat for nearly 3 months,i dont know how to start coz i dont have money,my concern is .is the immigration will deport me?please help......thanks
    If you have evidence (medical cert, reports etc.) You will have the chance to stay here.If your spouse visa runs out and you didn't make a good move for you, then the chance for you to stay is little. If someone will report you at Immig, you will be deported, if you don't like to be in the blacklists, please don't abuse the system.

How do you survive? I am sorry about your situation. I know a friend who is same situation like you, and some friends gives her food. I wish you have more friends around you.

If I am in your shoes, I will not be scared to go back home. IMHO
    But my first things to do is report him and have my evidence with me.

Cheer Up!

Quote Originally Posted by john_weng View Post
    Hi can i ask what is your current visa status? is't FLR - Further Leave to Remain?

My first advice to you at the moment is to go to your local Citizen Advice Bureau! It's free and they'll keep your case confidential and give you a helpful advice on what to do.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

And also as far as I know if you had evidence of that domestic violence, you had chance to stay in the UK, because I read that here somewhere, members got her ILR but she prove the domestic violence to the home office

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    hi thanks for the advice,at the moment im at spouse visa,it will expire july 2010,my worry is ,what if i apply residency and got refuse,i know i can appeal but what if i get refuse again,whats next?im so scared?is divorcing my husband would have any help for me to stay?thanks

Quote Originally Posted by September View Post
    And also as far as I know if you had evidence of that domestic violence, you had chance to stay in the UK, because I read that here somewhere, members got her ILR but she prove the domestic violence to the home office
    yup, i got mine approved, i am not proud of it but if i can surely you can.

i am just in the middle of my kids' application to come and join me in the uk, i'd be more than willing to help but i am flying out on tuesday to be with my two little angels whom half of their lives i haven't seen.

with regards to your situation if you have decided to stay and seek for your permanent residency, i suggest you collect all the documents that would prove that you have been a victim of domestic violence. i know it's not a nice thing but at the moment that is your best way to stay and live in the uk.

when i was assaulted by my husband, friends we're around and i was able to pick up the pieces and start again. it's not a nice thing to go through i have been thru it and i believe that no man or woman should experience it.

have you reported this? when it happened to me my friends pushed me to report it, had it reported to my gp and to police as well and that made my application really successful. i would suggest that you seek help and advice to cab, law societies as well and if you can prove it (i'm not saying you are not) but home office would definitely need the following:

1. medical report
    2. police report (if there is)
    3. your statement regarding the domestic violence

plus all your pertinent documents relating to your application. you have to include in your statement the reason why you wanted to apply to remain here after your marriage break up, you have to convince them that living in the uk is your best option.

i hope i was able to enlighten you and if you need anything else, please feel free to message me.

good luck and chin up.
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Im sorry to hear about your situation.. Hope you'll get through everything. Just be strong...

Banned
    aaahhhwwwww.... hugs to you and aphrodite...

Thread Information