Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

I'm a new man - promise!!!

Over the almost 2 year period I've been a member of this wonderful forum, I have often sat bemused as I read many posts where husbands had discussed the concept of tampo.

Tampo, for the uninitiated among us, is an amalgamation of oftentimes cultural behaviour in the Philippines, where a woman (invariably) actively witholds affection, cheerfulness and other pleasantries from a person who has injured her feelings - most commonly the husband. Some Westerners may try to translate it as sulking but anyone who has experienced it will certainly consider the term 'sulking' inappropriately narrow.

Anyway, I was bemused as I had not experienced it in all the years I have known my queen. Well, recently my beautiful wife lovingly introduced me to the cultural 'tamporal' (new word) delight, in order to fuel my cultural appreciation and in direct recognition of subtantial errors of judgement on my part. Not learning as quickly as I should have from the first bout, my wife gave me a second dose within the same week.

So now, I can confirm that I am a new man and will not be using my laptop whilst watching X-Fator and nor will I be checking my email while in bed. I now have my darling wife back and am eternally grateful to her enveloping me with this cultural gift.

I'm sure I'll err from to time, I'm a man afterall but will I need a second helping of tampo to secure results that should have been seen after the first? I don't think so.

In parting, i'll leave you with a recently coined addage: Once tampoed, twice shy!!!
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

thats so funny, i have yet to experience a full blown tampo and fear the day it happens, what i have found from a few minor sulks from my girl thats she is quick to make up and forgets it, something unique i think amongst women in my experience hehhe god i love her she such a beautiful person

regards

I like your english words

Banned
    lol... i have tampo (little ones) almost everyday... keeps my fiance on his toes lol

Banned
    I've just received a mild dose for being a bit too hasty in bringing the shopping trip to a close.

at least its something all us men have incommon.

most of the time my wife can have be on and off a small tampo all day long and it can drive me potty,i have learnt just to ignore her

when we get in the car after we have been shopping my wife will start to get mad and if we are already at home...she will get tampo,so if theres anything she wants to do or buy...we do it!

btw you know whats worse when you wife as a big tampo at you,when her sister gives you the cold shoulder too
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    ,i have learnt just to ignore her
    best bit of advice you've ever given bornatbirth

i've give you a rep for it

never really seen a full blown one, a couple of things thrown at me in 10 yrs is not bad going

Thanks for the responses guys! Better rush, got a plane to catch!

I get it a lot!
    It's not the easiest situation for a Brit to come to terms with to be fair, as it doesn't seem to make sense a lot of the time.

She gets upset because I have hurt her feelings (normally in a fairly minor matter), and then withdraws and refuses to allow me to 'make it up' to her.
    In flowchart type terms it might go :
    Get hurt = get tampo = refuse affection or any attempt to 'make up' = husband decides to ignore it (hard to do if you're a nice guy) = worse tampo.

It's a no win scenario for either party.
    'The mind is like a parachute - It works best when its OPEN'

If you find my posts useful, amusing or interesting please feel free to add to my reputation

Thankfully not all Pinays are tampo prone

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    TAMPO!!!! aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Respected Member pacificelectric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    ... and those who are can be wise enough to stop it and find other ways to express discontent! My GF tried tampo once, she told me over a webcam session where I was in a bad mood that I should better wait several days before approaching her ever again and I took her words literally and the following day I found an e-mail asking why I did not phone her within the hour that followed our argument.... since then, NO MORE tampo and even if we argue some times, we both are very happy she dropped her tampo!

I'm a *new man - promise!!!

Ahh ... I'm sure Pia would be the first to agree that there's nowt wrong wi' the *"old" man, Toks!

... certainly not MINE! Indeed, Myrna's amiable, gentle and generally unruffled demeanour is a joy to behold ... and has, undoubtedly, brought a calming influence into MY life ...

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... has, undoubtedly brought a calming influence into MY life ...
    ... ... EXCEPT when I'm faced with unwarranted bureaucracy or red tape! Bah!

thats' very funny amigo! seems like you're in culture shock!

my husband also laughed with your story as he experienced it as well,
    with a heart full of love, you will express your highest potential while also fulfilling your soul's deepest purpose:
    TO LOVE AND BE LOVED!

Just go to the pub :-)
    JOHN and VANESSA

Respected Member
    I do make TAMPO too. It usually lastfor an hour or less..but then there was this one time I was so upset I literally went to bed without even saying goodnight or kissing goodnight to my husband. I felt bad..but I wanted him to say goodnight to me first such pride. I'm not proud of it. But I easily forget and usually make up first when we have a minor tampo blues. :P he can be a little bit like me. He does make tampo too! but we compliment each other. after a few minutes we're back kissing and tickling again! yay!

I love my husband so much..and I know he loves me the same way

Wina

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    Over the almost 2 year period I've been a member of this wonderful forum, I have often sat bemused as I read many posts where husbands had discussed the concept of tampo.

Tampo, for the uninitiated among us, is an amalgamation of oftentimes cultural behaviour in the Philippines, where a woman (invariably) actively witholds affection, cheerfulness and other pleasantries from a person who has injured her feelings - most commonly the husband. Some Westerners may try to translate it as sulking but anyone who has experienced it will certainly consider the term 'sulking' inappropriately narrow.

Anyway, I was bemused as I had not experienced it in all the years I have known my queen. Well, recently my beautiful wife lovingly introduced me to the cultural 'tamporal' (new word) delight, in order to fuel my cultural appreciation and in direct recognition of subtantial errors of judgement on my part. Not learning as quickly as I should have from the first bout, my wife gave me a second dose within the same week.

So now, I can confirm that I am a new man and will not be using my laptop whilst watching X-Fator and nor will I be checking my email while in bed. I now have my darling wife back and am eternally grateful to her enveloping me with this cultural gift.

I'm sure I'll err from to time, I'm a man afterall but will I need a second helping of tampo to secure results that should have been seen after the first? I don't think so.

In parting, i'll leave you with a recently coined addage: Once tampoed, twice shy!!!
    Mistakes makes us human Toks!
    I was thankful last night, my husband was snoring so I got the chance to watch x-factor not movies for men. But I fell asleep before the end of the show. I awoke early to check in their site and knew it was Stacey who was out!

By the way Toks!
    Thanks for your invitation! Sorry I couldn't hear you much, it was noisy inside the mall. I told my husband that I have invitation from Leeds. He said if he is working, I can join in his truck and ditch me somewhere in Leeds, maybe Borough Bridge. Are you close there?

Respected Member
    this topic just made me really laugh and shared it with my husband...who happens to be watching the snooker finals....whahahahha! (and is laughing real hard too)

.....and he just started to make "lambing" all of a sudden because his attention has been with the x-factor finals since and now the snooker finals....

hmmmmmm....maybe i'll make "fake tampo" just to get his attention....but then again he is making "lambing" already....whahahahah!

Welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by MarBell379 View Post
    I get it a lot!
    It's not the easiest situation for a Brit to come to terms with to be fair, as it doesn't seem to make sense a lot of the time.

She gets upset because I have hurt her feelings (normally in a fairly minor matter), and then withdraws and refuses to allow me to 'make it up' to her.
    In flowchart type terms it might go :
    Get hurt = get tampo = refuse affection or any attempt to 'make up' = husband decides to ignore it (hard to do if you're a nice guy) = worse tampo.

It's a no win scenario for either party.
    I hear you mate! A challenging equation.

You must be a saint if you've never upset your wife to the extent that she reacts in any way that suggests annoyance!I thought I was but have recently realised I'm not!

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    TAMPO!!!! aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Methinks you might have experienced some!

Quote Originally Posted by pacificelectric View Post
    ... and those who are can be wise enough to stop it and find other ways to express discontent! My GF tried tampo once, she told me over a webcam session where I was in a bad mood that I should better wait several days before approaching her ever again and I took her words literally and the following day I found an e-mail asking why I did not phone her within the hour that followed our argument.... since then, NO MORE tampo and even if we argue some times, we both are very happy she dropped her tampo!
    Hehe! I've had tampo but no arguments! Hmmn. Actually, I hate arguing so may prefer tampo.

Ahh ... I'm sure Pia would be the first to agree that there's nowt wrong wi' the *"old" man, Toks!
    You smoothie! In fairness, I erred pretty badly. I do certainly try to be attentive. Not least of all because we live far from the friends we have and I travel a great deal. I guess I took my queen for granted.

I thought that because she is always smiling, gentle and loving and never complained that it was ok for me to be away as often as i am and then return home tired yet still take my laptop out and then work on either work or business related items before getting up at 3am and heading off to the airport again. It was very stupid of me. And actually, me being stressed and not taking care of myself was a key driver behind my wife's annoyance.

... certainly not MINE! Indeed, Myrna's amiable, gentle and generally unruffled demeanour is a joy to behold ... and has, undoubtedly, brought a calming influence into MY life ...
    I can surely relate to that. Should have seen me before

Quote Originally Posted by islander View Post
    thats' very funny amigo! seems like you're in culture shock!

my husband also laughed with your story as he experienced it as well,
    Hahahah! It's interesting, as much as it did surprise me i have to say that i much prefer it to arguing which is my pet hate in life. Pia and I have never argued. There is nothing wrong with arguing but i personally hate it. So I say, "Go Tampo, Go Tampo".

Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post
    Just go to the pub :-)
    Hehe! Unfortunately, you know I'm a softy; leaving the house would have made me feel like I was leaving the missus all alone when she is unhappy and running out on the baby too even though she was not in tampo. At least I dont think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnywina View Post
    I do make TAMPO too. It usually lastfor an hour or less..but then there was this one time I was so upset I literally went to bed without even saying goodnight or kissing goodnight to my husband. I felt bad..but I wanted him to say goodnight to me first such pride. I'm not proud of it. But I easily forget and usually make up first when we have a minor tampo blues. :P he can be a little bit like me. He does make tampo too! but we compliment each other. after a few minutes we're back kissing and tickling again! yay!

I love my husband so much..and I know he loves me the same way

Wina

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    Mistakes makes us human Toks!
    I was thankful last night, my husband was snoring so I got the chance to watch x-factor not movies for men. But I fell asleep before the end of the show. I awoke early to check in their site and knew it was Stacey who was out!

By the way Toks!
    Thanks for your invitation! Sorry I couldn't hear you much, it was noisy inside the mall. I told my husband that I have invitation from Leeds. He said if he is working, I can join in his truck and ditch me somewhere in Leeds, maybe Borough Bridge. Are you close there?
    Not so far po. We would be happy to come pick you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
    this topic just made me really laugh and shared it with my husband...who happens to be watching the snooker finals....whahahahha! (and is laughing real hard too)

.....and he just started to make "lambing" all of a sudden because his attention has been with the x-factor finals since and now the snooker finals....

hmmmmmm....maybe i'll make "fake tampo" just to get his attention....but then again he is making "lambing" already....whahahahah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    Welcome to the club!
    Hehe! Fake tampo. I like that. I may try it and see if my queen will make "lambing" also.

Ahh tampo what the Garden shed or pub was made for!!
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Thread Information