Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

jetlagged but here at last

met the wife maria yesterday at terminal 4 heathrow. plane was 20 mins early and only had to wait about 40 for her to go through immigration etc. glad i had the sense to take warm clothes as it was the coldest day so far as she wouldnt stop telling me we got back home after train journeys early evening but she was so tired went to bed at seven. up at eight this morning and went to my local to meet my friends after i had cooked a large english brunch.i think she enjoyed listening to our conversations but didnt join in much as she was still feeling tired, fell asleep in the afternoon and went back to bed after dinner at seven. so all in all my kids havent seen much of her yet, hopefully if she is feeling better tomorrow we can put up the chrissy tree etc.the living room is so hot i keep nodding off myself

Banned
    Congrats for another happy couple!
    I awoke this morning and noticed our car covered with frost as well as grass in the garden. This is the start of winter for me. But she will be happy seeing snow later.
    Let her keep warm!

Congratulations! I've been following your story, with interest...You've had a bit of a difficult journey, but you've finally got the result that you hoped for.

Happy Christmas/Birthday to you both.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven View Post
    met the wife maria yesterday at terminal 4 heathrow. plane was 20 mins early and only had to wait about 40 for her to go through immigration etc. glad i had the sense to take warm clothes as it was the coldest day so far as she wouldnt stop telling me we got back home after train journeys early evening but she was so tired went to bed at seven. up at eight this morning and went to my local to meet my friends after i had cooked a large english brunch.i think she enjoyed listening to our conversations but didnt join in much as she was still feeling tired, fell asleep in the afternoon and went back to bed after dinner at seven. so all in all my kids havent seen much of her yet, hopefully if she is feeling better tomorrow we can put up the chrissy tree etc.the living room is so hot i keep nodding off myself
    Ah, Ian ... it all sounds soooo familiar, mate! Myrna's flight came in nearly half an hour early, too ... 06.00 hrs ... except SHE'D flown into Manchester Airport - where I'D "hung around" all night beforehand. Brrr! Like you, I had had the good sense to bring along a large handgrip full of warm clothing ... as it was still just early March when Myrna arrived. Reckon the likes of British Gas should be doing a roaring trade on the Stock Market very soon - with the heating bills you and I can expect to pop through our respective letterboxes this winter, if the past few days are anything to go by. It's freezing up in Jockland as well, man!

Great to know that Maria got here safe and sound - in spite of the jetlag!

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    But she will be happy seeing snow later.
    D'you REALLY think so, Penny? ...

thanks penny ,sim and arthur. i dont think she will like the snow at all!!!

Very nice to hear good news once again on the forum, our sincerest congratulations
    Jiri & Maricel

Pleased she is here mate,life begins now,good things for the future,perfect combined christmas and birthday pressie

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    Good on you sir, hope you both have a great Christmas and a great life together!

Congratulations! This will be a nice Christmas for both of you
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    D'you REALLY think so, Penny? ...
    thanks penny ,sim and arthur. i dont think she will like the snow at all!!!
    She will probably excited to see snow and touch for the first time.

And time will come, she will not like it. That was my experience when I was in Holland I was waiting for a snow. I thought frost and snow are the same. Wally me. But when I first seen the snow, It was coming from the sky like small soft cotton. I was ironing my clothes that time and flat iron touched my hands ouchhhh whilst looking at snow coming from sky.

Then second time there was snow, i made a ball but it didn't look like really a ball because I can't make it round. I had a good sleigh ride and practiced ice skating.

I have experienced snow all over the loch of Scotland, been to highlands of Scotland and seen alpines from Schiehallion mountain. I feel I am an eskimo loosing my sense of humour.

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Has Maria been to the UK before Ian?

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    Has Maria been to the UK before Ian?
    thanks all for your kind messages, and no this is her first time away from phil. ive just shown her how to use a vaccum cleaner as she not used to carpets, next is the washing machine and the dryer. the jetlag is wearing off and i think she is getting better used to the cooler temps even with the heating on. later we will be putting up and decorating the tree before doing our first grocery shop

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    thanks all for your kind messages, and no this is her first time away from phil. ive just shown her how to use a vaccum cleaner as she not used to carpets, next is the washing machine and the dryer. the jetlag is wearing off and i think she is getting better used to the cooler temps even with the heating on. later we will be putting up and decorating the tree before doing our first grocery shop
    It must be so different for her, especially so this time of year! Has she mentioned anything that she likes of doesn't like yet (apart from the cold! )?

.....ive just shown her how to use a vaccum cleaner as she not used to carpets, next is the washing machine and the dryer.....
    Start as you mean to go on
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Start as you mean to go on

Yup.... The really, really important things first......

i think you got the wrong impression i do more than my fair share of the housework in fact ive done all of it this week including cooking and washing up. apart from the weather there isnt anything she doesnt like, she spent 2 hours on skype with her family today excitedly talking in visaya about the house , pub and local morrisons. friday we are going with a group of friends to cheltenham to do some shopping for more winter clothes, a good excuse to pop into witherspoons to get warm

Thread Information