Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

advice re annulment issue

Hi guys,
    i will try to keep this brief . My gf is in the final stage of annulment all hearings nearly finished with the psychiatrist supposed to be going to court this week. The problem is this .... for whatever reason the psych met with my gfs inlaws to discuss the husband.... upon which time she showed the petition etc . My gf has received txts saying she will be taken to court for defamation ........the husband hasnt contested and hasnt shown in court , the hearing will now be postponed according to my gf lawyer...........does the inlaw family have any grounds , ist it any of there business. The lawyer has suggested she try to contact the husband ....or failing that the inlaw family to meet with him (lawyer)....hoping this makes sense.

Thanks in advance
    L

Quote Originally Posted by laurel View Post
    Hi guys,
    i will try to keep this brief . My gf is in the final stage of annulment all hearings nearly finished with the psychiatrist supposed to be going to court this week. The problem is this .... for whatever reason the psych met with my gfs inlaws to discuss the husband.... upon which time she showed the petition etc . My gf has received txts saying she will be taken to court for defamation ........the husband hasnt contested and hasnt shown in court , the hearing will now be postponed according to my gf lawyer...........does the inlaw family have any grounds , ist it any of there business. The lawyer has suggested she try to contact the husband ....or failing that the inlaw family to meet with him (lawyer)....hoping this makes sense.

Thanks in advance
    L
    From what little I know of the Philippine annulment process, this seems very unusual to me, I've never heard of the inlaws being involved in an annulment process before. If the husband hasn't contested then it's usually just procedural and based on the psychiatrist report, which if the husband has had no input is usually based on the evidence given by the applicant.

Assuming that the attorney knows that a foriegner is involved, this maybe a ploy by him or even the by the inlaws to draw things out and extract more money.

my gf is distraught to put it mildly the psych showed the autobiography (not petition ) and the inlaws said it was exagerated........why did psych go to inlaws anyway, now the whole family is involved and against her.....lawyer says not to worry, also the inlaws know foreigner is involved before this situation, but thats not reason for annulment ......they say the family name is being put to shame........

Just an update, and im afraid i cant go into too much detail, but it appears all is back on track, hopefully we really are now in the final straight.

Good news ...keep us posted.

Some pinoy annulments are comedic farces,a friends lawyer advised her to declare her ex-husband dead even though he lives in the same street as her parentsthe reasoning being it would save time & money on a long protracted expensive annulment,funny thing is her ex-husband's lawyer advised him to declare her dead also Pythonesque,you couldnt make these things up if you tried for a comedy sketch

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Some pinoy annulments are comedic farces,a friends lawyer advised her to declare her ex-husband dead even though he lives in the same street as her parentsthe reasoning being it would save time & money on a long protracted expensive annulment,funny thing is her ex-husband's lawyer advised him to declare her dead also Pythonesque,you couldnt make these things up if you tried for a comedy sketch
    It's more common than you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    It's more common than you might think.
    Your clued up Ian I know people who have "Killed-off" their partners in that way,but this is the first time I have heard of His'N'Her lawyers advocating it at the same time

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Your clued up Ian I know people who have "Killed-off" their partners in that way,but this is the first time I have heard of His'N'Her lawyers advocating it at the same time
    My wife's ex is officially dead...... whether he is or not who knows. My wife's cousin went through a very long and expensive annulment only to find out near the very end of the process that he was actually a bigamist and they weren't officially married anyway...... You'd think that would be that, but it only complicated things. It took an extra 6 months, more court appearances and a lot more money for her to be officially free of him...... Only in Phils........

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    Good news ...keep us posted.
    the 'details' seem to be ironed out..............hearing postponed untill jan,as Tawi says its pretty farcical at times. I know it will work out and boy is she worth the wait

Quote Originally Posted by laurel View Post
    the 'details' seem to be ironed out..............hearing postponed untill jan,as Tawi says its pretty farcical at times. I know it will work out and boy is she worth the wait
    And sometimes it depend on the how smart you gf lawyer is..............base the fast and decision

its very frustrating esp as we are so close to the end. We feel very let down, but hey it could have been worse....

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    My wife's ex is officially dead...... whether he is or not who knows. My wife's cousin went through a very long and expensive annulment only to find out near the very end of the process that he was actually a bigamist and they weren't officially married anyway...... You'd think that would be that, but it only complicated things. It took an extra 6 months, more court appearances and a lot more money for her to be officially free of him...... Only in Phils........
    Just remembered something else,I have heard of couples being advised by their lawyer in Mindanao to convert temporarily to Islam and get a quicky divorce in a sharia court They have to get an islamic sponsor but apparently its plain sailing compared to unravelling the gordian knot that perplexes most couples trying for an annulment in Pinas

Just remembered something else,I have heard of couples being advised by their lawyer in Mindanao to convert temporarily to Islam and get a quicky divorce in a sharia court They have to get an islamic sponsor but apparently its plain sailing compared to unravelling the gordian knot that perplexes most couples trying for an annulment in Pinas
    I wish I'd known about that one four years ago!

Hope it doesnt come to that , we're nervous now keepin everything crossed that judge gives positive verdict

I wish I'd known about that one four years ago! I must say though that it sounds a bit to good to be true as far as women are concerned. Given that Islam is such a male orientated religion, I would have thought it probably would be quite simple for a man to do but probably not quite so simple for a woman.

Thread Information