Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Red face Advice on ettiquete from Philipina ladies please

Hi, Tawi2 kindly arranged for me to know the phone number of a lady near to me. When I texted she advised that she was on night shift, so obviously she couldn't text back much. I replied saying that I understood and wouldn't text back, meaning so as not to disturb her at work. Now, I don't really understand much about Philipino culture/etiqquette, did I come across as saying that I wouldn't text back ever? what I meant was I would leave it to her to text me back or email, due to me respecting her work commitments and resting during the day. Should I text or call again? or leave the lady to call me? Thanks Pete

People are people, just text her back. If she dosen't reply, she may be busy or not interested?

TXT her in the evenings just as she is going to work,dont worry about ettiquete,Liz only problem is shyness,she probably came over all flustered and had to lie down with a hot flush,give it time,I once passed a number to a divorced guy in his 50's,hadnt been involved with a woman for years,the divorce had shaken him and in the ensuing years alone his confidence had ebbed and plummeted,the pinay lady whose number I gave him was uber-confident,she had been a professional singer in the middle-east,she never shut up,could talk a glass eye to sleepHe TXT her so rarely due to his shyness she eventually gave up and met someone else and she would have been the making of him in a relationship,just give Liz a little more time,TXT her later and ask how her day was(she has probably been to church and said three hail marys for the sin of TXT'ing a single man ),Be lucky

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    People are people, just text her back. If she dosen't reply, she may be busy or not interested?
    She is interested Sim,but she has been here for years and never had any form of aquaintance with a guy,you know the type,if a guy smiles at them more than once they think it might get them pregnantI know loads of other single pinays but most of them are in London Relax pete,its early days

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete67 View Post
    Hi, Tawi2 kindly arranged for me to know the phone number of a lady near to me. When I texted she advised that she was on night shift, so obviously she couldn't text back much. I replied saying that I understood and wouldn't text back, meaning so as not to disturb her at work. Now, I don't really understand much about Philipino culture/etiqquette, did I come across as saying that I wouldn't text back ever? what I meant was I would leave it to her to text me back or email, due to me respecting her work commitments and resting during the day. Should I text or call again? or leave the lady to call me? Thanks Pete
    If in doubt e-mail her with what you just told us. Manners go a long way
    :Yesterday was history.Tomorrow is a mystery.Today is a gift.This is why it is called"The present!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    She is interested Sim,but she has been here for years and never had any form of aquaintance with a guy,you know the type,if a guy smiles at them more than once they think it might get them pregnantI know loads of other single pinays but most of them are in London Relax pete,its early days
    That's good to hear, was just saying though, that there isn't really any ettiquette as far as I'm aware. Many love to text.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    That's good to hear, was just saying though, that there isn't really any ettiquette as far as I'm aware. Many love to text.
    I always used to think ettiquete was similar to Brie Your right though,just play it by ear

hi pete just be chatty no to pushy if she not interested you will so know if she is take it slow, from what tawi2 says be friendly, i have found that respect, confidence and to be fun goes a very long way

good luck

jonathan

Hi, Tawi2 kindly arranged for me to know the phone number of a lady near to me. When I texted she advised that she was on night shift, so obviously she couldn't text back much.
    what's your fixers fee Tawi ?

why didn't you just say 'sorry i didn't know your at work, what times would be ok to text you ?'

night shift probably means a few people are doing the job of many and she will not have time to text you at all

Pete there are one or two single ladies on this site as well,I think maybe they are just too shy to step forward

Thanks everyone, I'll text her later today, see how things lie, btw Tari2, visiting London is easy for me, 70mins to Victoria.... bit diff for me to travel to Philipines due to family obligations but days out to meet up are fine. So if there turns out not to be a connection it would be lovely to be in contact with single ladies from London or elsewhere UK.
    LOL Pete
    As for ettiquette, I recently had a text from an US friend who told me her hamster had passed away, sent a message of condolence with LOL at the end, turns out that she thought LOL meant laugh Out Loud.....

Hi, Tawi2 kindly arranged for me to know the phone number of a lady near to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Hi Pete,
    I think what Tawi2 is saying is that she's just trying to be a little coy at this stage and you have to understand is that the Philippines is 7000 miles away in pure distance, but a world away in mindset. I have said this before to other guys going through the early stages of a long distance relationship....
    Iain, is LONDON a LDR ?

Good advice thanks -
    why didn't you just say 'sorry i didn't know your at work, what times would be ok to text you ?'
    Also appreciate the mindset angle, I sometimes wonder what hardworking and dedicated foreign workers think of some behaviours from UK people, esp if working in say A nd E of a hospital and caring for the "exceedingly refreshed" patients...

She is in worthing Ian,its just down the coast from where pete currently is,I will sort out some numbers pete,pinay nurses in London.

Hi Tawi2 bless you thanks very much
    Better sign off now got OU assignment due thursday and i ahven't even started it yet.... thanks again everyone...

Btw I am on facebook, is it good to put my fb name here, it includes my surname..

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    Iain, is LONDON a LDR ?

Sorry, I thought he was introducing him to a lady in Phils

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    Iain, is LONDON a LDR ?

Well Joe you would need your passport and a phrasebook i guess if it was you having to visit
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Thread Information