Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: my exam

Banned

Unhappy my exam

Yesterday was my diagnostic exam for my power point. Before our exam, we were given survey forms to fill up. I just marked all small boxes with very good.

There were 6 categories and no time limit so I feel comfortable.

But when I was on my 5th category, my classmates finished their exam and they will take another exam. There was a lady came and told me to move on the right . Whilst concentrating, I tried to obey her. But she was not still happy and said the PC are very closed to each other. She moved my screen into slant position, and told me to move so I moved my chair too, on my right, there’s another student but he was roaming around. The lady took a heavy chair and placed in between me and my classmate in my left. I cannot move anymore. My concentration was almost gone but still I continued taking my exam. I don’t know what she was on about because we are taking different exam. I think she should not do that. I couldn’t move, because of my chairs in my left and right and my screen is in a slant position. I lost my concentration and stayed calm. This was happened at my class in a community centre. We have only one teacher but she is teaching ECDL Advanced, and ECDL 1 in one room. PC’s are very closed to each other.

I am planning to send email to my teacher, I want to tell her exactly what I feel and I want to know who was that lady. I don’t know who was she, I met her in the right place in a wrong time. I will ask hubby’s opinion when he’s awake. I also want to get some thoughts from my fellow members.

What will you feel? I got headache and straight to bed yesterday at 4:00 pm. I passed the exam, but I didn’t know what I feel. Bit discriminated, pestered, upset. I really don’t like her face reactions. I want to claim back the survey forms. Or I will just ignore and think that studying at Community Centre, is completely different from local college and private training schools where also doing my other course.

I think your right to feel offended Penny, that's almost seems like she was accusing you of cheating.
    Iain.

The important thing is you passed,the lady was an irritation,a bump on the road,but she didnt stop you passing,its always the end result that matters,Congratulations Pen

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Maybe she was an interior designer
    :Yesterday was history.Tomorrow is a mystery.Today is a gift.This is why it is called"The present!"

I imagine the lady you're referring to was what's called an 'invigilator', Penny ... supposedly, an impartial observer, brought in to supervise the examination. But with Iain; you have every right to feel aggrieved if she acted in a manner that led you to believe she suspected you of cheating. Let's face it, as you've said yourself, each of the students was taking the test at a different level in any case.

My heartiest congratulations on your very creditable performance and, not least, for remaining calm in such harassing circumstances!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    I think your right to feel offended Penny, that's almost seems like she was accusing you of cheating.
    Iain.
    I think of that Iain. But that is impossible as we will take different exam. I feel offended really. I want to react and show my temper but I preferred to be calm and polite. I just think I can do it later in a professional way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    The important thing is you passed,the lady was an irritation,a bump on the road,but she didnt stop you passing,its always the end result that matters,Congratulations Pen
    I passed Tawi but I got only 76% my first four categories were 85 and 90 and last 2 categories were 55 and 60+. I was aiming to achieve at least 80%.

Quote Originally Posted by dave63 View Post
    Maybe she was an interior designer
    So she was the one who decorated our classroom full of arts.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    I imagine the lady you're referring to was what's called an 'invigilator', Penny ... supposedly, an impartial observer, brought in to supervise the examination. But, with Iain; you have every right to feel aggrieved if she acted in a manner that led you to believe she suspected you of cheating.

My heartiest congratulations on your very credible performance and, not least, for remaining calm in such harassing circumstances!
    Thanks Arthur!
    I want to tell my teacher to repeat my exam and I want that lady to sit beside me to release her doubt.

Impossible to cheat with classmates as they do the test very fast and I am slow. I need more concentration to understand the question and she was trying to destruct it.

Hello again, Penny.

Having just re-checked my initial response, I've amended it as follows:

(i) To include reference to the different levels taken by each of the
    other examinees

And

(ii) Credible SHOULD read 'creditable' performance

Alas, your reply [which I fully endorse!] had overlapped the alterations I'd made ... silly ME!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Hello again, Penny.

Having just re-checked my initial response, I've amended it as follows:

(i) To include reference to the different levels taken by each of the
    other examinees

And

(ii) Credible SHOULD read 'creditable' performance

Alas, your reply [which I fully endorse!] had overlapped the alterations I'd made ... silly ME!
    No problem Arth.

I just told to my Mom about what happened and she said, you can stand and ask her who are you? My Mom always defend me and i think she is partly right. But really, I wanted to finish my exam and focus on my concentration.

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    Thanks Arthur!
    Impossible to cheat with classmates as they do the test very fast and I am slow. I need more concentration to understand the question and she was trying to destruct it.
    , Penny! I know exactly what you mean! You & I obviously THINK along the same lines ... because I'M like that too. Just like YOU, I need time to apply all MY concentration into fully understanding a question before I can proceed to answer it to the best of my ability.

Indeed, I fully admit to sitting for ... what seems like ages, sometimes. EVEN ON HERE ... because, whatever I tackle, I want to give it my best shot! Myrna understands this (often saying I think like a Filipino! ); perhaps that's why she and I relate so well to each other ... !!

Banned
    I sent an email to my teacher last night as per my husband suggestion and also my will.

He felt bad as he said, he's afraid, I might be descriminated.
    He will speak to the lady if I will not send my email so I did.

I have 3 sessions left and I feel I don't want to go to school anymore.
    But if I will not continue, I'll waste my 3 months course.

Congratulation Ms. Penny for passing the exam!
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

Penny like Tawi2 said dont worry you will come across these challanges as you know during life and you still passed although not the aimed for target.

Your Husband po Im sure understands more of the background better than we do so I would go with his advice.

Whatever you do dont give up keep going as once you have passed the course as you will do then its onwards and upwards

If you feel angry try to vent it outside of the class in some way. Anger and going over and over thinks can distract the mind passing the course is far more important as you have worked so hard.

Good luck and look forward to hearing how you have passed all units
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by liane View Post
    Congratulation Ms. Penny for passing the exam!
    Thank you very much Liane.
    It's only Power Point diagnostic. I need to take overall exam in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Penny like Tawi2 said dont worry you will come across these challanges as you know during life and you still passed although not the aimed for target.

Your Husband po Im sure understands more of the background better than we do so I would go with his advice.

Whatever you do dont give up keep going as once you have passed the course as you will do then its onwards and upwards

If you feel angry try to vent it outside of the class in some way. Anger and going over and over thinks can distract the mind passing the course is far more important as you have worked so hard.

Good luck and look forward to hearing how you have passed all units
    You're right Somebody, I feel better when I sent email to my teacher. I told her I want to repeat the exam sitting beside that woman who came through the door during my 4th category.

If you still remember, only one question appears at screen one at a time and it's written in 12 font on the top of the screen. The presentation is below where you can play with it how to get the correct answer. They are very fast whilst I'm slow, so it is impossible to cheat. They were taking different set of exam too.

I don't know how can I passed all units . I will do my best.
    I just love my webdesign course. I can do it better.

This "lady" certainly does appear to be an invigilator, these staff tend to work a few hours only on a casual basis, while the vast majority are good, sometimes you can get embittered people who see young attractive and succcesful people on their way up and get jealous of their determination and success. Perhaps it is worth talking a Student Union at the college? or welfare officer if they have one? There is no way you should be denied the opportunity to do your best performance. Good luck in your next exams

Thank you very much Liane.
    It's only Power Point diagnostic. I need to take overall exam in the future.

You're right Somebody, I feel better when I sent email to my teacher. I told her I want to repeat the exam sitting beside that woman who came through the door during my 4th category.

If you still remember, only one question appears at screen one at a time and it's written in 12 font on the top of the screen. The presentation is below where you can play with it how to get the correct answer. They are very fast whilst I'm slow, so it is impossible to cheat. They were taking different set of exam too.

I don't know how can I passed all units . I will do my best.
    I just love my webdesign course. I can do it better.
    Often I find those that worry they wont pas the Exam/s do better than those that feel confident. Why because they keep doing more to ensure they do pass and often get very good results

Your not slow remember the tortoise and the Hare and look who one that race. Pace your self and don't worry about others focus on what you need to do for you.

You will pass as you are studying hard and are putting in the study

Try to put the issue to the back of your mind, its hard sometimes but revision and practise is far more important
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Banned
    I had words with my teacher today and she hugged me three times and say sorry for what the admin assistant did as she didn't think first that somebody might be offended. Wonderful day today and yesterday! Thanks to all!

3 hugs Hugs are good for the soul,look at my little teddy-bears Hugs have to be passed on,share them with your hubby

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    3 hugs Hugs are good for the soul,look at my little teddy-bears Hugs have to be passed on,share them with your hubby
    Oh how ... being the tactile sort, myself!

Banned
    Hello hello hello!
    Hello How are you?
    I'm fine to be with you!
    And you? and you? and you?

I passed my ECDL exam and got 83%. Not bad.
    I had kisses from my teacher, the admin and the one who was behind me.
    I was the only one in the room so it was sooooo roomy.
    It's like a special test for me.

Thanks to all who gave bad comments, I want to share with you guys!
    Thay said I am too old to learn!
    Too old to study with their eyebrows up! Talking behind me!
    But I am thankful to them. It's a challenge for me.

I know what level I am now in computing.
    I just want to improve myself!
    I'm always keen to learn!

Thank you thank you! I am so happy.

Hello hello hello!
    Hello How are you?
    I'm fine to be with you!
    And you? and you? and you?

I passed my ECDL exam and got 83%. Not bad.
    I had kisses from my teacher, the admin and the one who was behind me.
    I was the only one in the room so it was sooooo roomy.
    It's like a special test for me.

Thanks to all who gave bad comments, I want to share with you guys!
    Thay said I am too old to learn!
    Too old to study with their eyebrows up! Talking behind me!
    But I am thankful to them. It's a challenge for me.

I know what level I am now in computing.
    I just want to improve myself!
    I'm always keen to learn!

Thank you thank you! I am so happy.
    yahooooooo congratulation!
    all things are possible!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    yahooooooo congratulation!
    Thank you Vbkelly!

wow penny that's great, well done.
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Wow Congratulations again!
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite78 View Post
    wow penny that's great, well done.
    Thanks Aphrodite! I also want to say that I admire Pinays like you, Tiggers, Gracia and other members who are trying their best to learn something new.

Quote Originally Posted by liane View Post
    Wow Congratulations again!
    Thanks Liane! I just studied hard to achive my goal.
    I got some confidence now.

Cheers!

Thread Information