Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Noel and Jonalyn

I figured this would be the most appropriate place to move my comments regarding Lyn and myself, so here goes.

Sadly I open this blog with the terrible news that Lyn has been shot in the continuing violence in her province. She is currently in a medical clinic in Tumbao recovering from gunshot wounds to the back and arm. I know no further detail than that.

My only source of information is a kind young lady in her apartment named Melissa who speaks no English but is able to write a little in text to me. Naturally I am worried sick about Lyn's safety. Mindanao is a desperate and violent place right now and it seems to me that the philippine president is slow to act against these so-called clans and families who dominate these regions. Melissa says she will text me when Lyn returns to the apartment.

I am not a religious man and so therefore I sit here just somehow willing a positive outcome. If you are reading this and are religious, please pray for her.

Noel x

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    sorry to hear that, will pray for her xx
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by oakbranch View Post
    I figured this would be the most appropriate place to move my comments regarding Lyn and myself, so here goes.

Sadly I open this blog with the terrible news that Lyn has been shot in the continuing violence in her province. She is currently in a medical clinic in Tumbao recovering from gunshot wounds to the back and arm. I know no further detail than that.

My only source of information is a kind young lady in her apartment named Melissa who speaks no English but is able to write a little in text to me. Naturally I am worried sick about Lyn's safety. Mindanao is a desperate and violent place right now and it seems to me that the philippine president is slow to act against these so-called clans and families who dominate these regions. Melissa says she will text me when Lyn returns to the apartment.

I am not a religious man and so therefore I sit here just somehow willing a positive outcome. If you are reading this and are religious, please pray for her.

Noel x
    I am really sorry to hear about this sad news about Jonalyn. There were senseless killings in that area . I hope she will be fine soon and hope she will be safe. She will be in my prayers.
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

can only imagine the stress you are under...will certainly and sincerely pray for both of you (2Cor 1:3)

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    So sorry to hear the news. Must have been a big shock for you. Seems that some areas there are maybe worse/more dangerous than we thought. Is there anyone that she knows/family/friends that speaks English that you could keep in contact with for news of how she is doing? Hope you get some good news soon.

thats terrible news noel, i hope you get some good news soon on her condition. we do moan about our political system whoever is in power, just goes to show we are still luckier than most.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven View Post
    thats terrible news noel, i hope you get some good news soon on her condition. we do moan about our political system whoever is in power, just goes to show we are still luckier than most.
    This is true

While I bemoan many aspects of this country's governance, at elast I have no concerns about gunfire when I am travelling to work or the store.

All I can do now is wait.

Thankyou for your support people

Noel x

Sorry to hear that your lady is one of the victims. I hope she'll be alright and get in touch with you asap.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Hey bro sorry to hear the very sad news. Do not lose hope. Be strong!

Noel x
    Hi! Oakbranch, we are so sorry to hear about the news and all of us here feel so sad for the massacre but we are wondering why Jonalyn has been shot or envolved for that things coz as what we known that she is living there at Sultan Kudarat and it is too far from Maguindanao.. It is a kidnapped massacre too. We keep updating to the news on here about it as we look to your thread now we will worry about... but we hope you don't worry too much about it and know we praying too for your fiancee, as what I known for there area is a little bit safe on there... so just think she is be ok from ladybug and Sim

Noel x
    Hi Noel,
    Very sorry to hear the news about your girl friend. Do u mind me asking, where and when did she had this gunshot? i think its better that you make a research how,why,where when did she had this? have u seen her through webcam? just to make sure she s really injured or something.. coz if she is one of those victims of the maguindanao massacre according to the news all of them are dead! or it might be another sad gun fighting and she is just an innocent victim.

anyway, we pray for her safety and fast recovery. God bless her! you can pray too!
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

Oakbranch,thats terrible Mind me asking where she was shot and the circumstances?Iknow some police in the area if you can give me a little more information?Have you the hospital name?Sad news indeed

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

That really is a ghastly piece of news to hear. I hope the news turns out to be worse than the reality. I hope she can stay safe and make a full recovery soon. My thoughts are with her and all the people of Mindanao. I hope matters improve soon.
    "In the dimestores and bus stations people talk of situations, read books, repeat quotations, draw conclusions on the wall" BOB DYLAN

We will pray for her early recovery, sorry to hear that Noel,

my prayers and thought goes to her and to her family and to the other victims, i hope she gets well soon. it must be difficult when you are apart miles away and not knowing what's going on. i guess you just have to trust that things will get better soon.
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK
    Very sad, shocking and disappointing news. Hanna and I will pray for her speedy recovery.

Why is this inhuman behaviour being allowed to continue in RP?

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Mate

..... you may not wish to hear this, and I'd love to be proven wrong

But you are getting set up to be SCAMMED
    Wake up & smell the coffee !
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post

Based on?????
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Scammed !

Reasons for my “concern/doubt” ????

1. … from your first post .. “… a nursing aide ….due to travel here on a work visa”. It’s almost impossible to get a work visa these days, and for a nursing aide ???? not even a fully qualified nurse ? , even more difficult.
    So, where was she supposed to work ? ….. which hospital, residential care home ? Have u asked, and checked via the net if the name/address of the hospital matches, if human resources there are aware of her ?

2. “medical certificate” stolen…… ”this was renewable in Manila but naturally they wanted to charge an extortionate amount of money” …. doesn’t ring true. Also …”She didn't have that and neither did I”…. so she asked for money, yes ? How much ? I’m sure others on here have had to replace a certificate, so have an idea what the charge is.

3. so….. she had a work visa, but has abandoned it because of the “stolen” certificate ? I don’t think so ! Most Filipinas would move heaven & earth to get to the UK on that work visa. I don’t believe she ever had one.

4. Who suggested Manila as a potential “meeting” ground… you or her ? GenSan is safe, and Davao even safer. Perhaps she’s not keen on bumping into people she knows while she’s with you .

5. “I have sent her some packages and these have gone to a family friend in General Santos City” ….. why ? …… the postal service works reasonably well through-out the Philippines. Or perhaps she’s not keen on you knowing her actual address, so able to trace her at a later date ?

6. “..communicate with her except by phone at one of her patient's place”. Highly, highly dubious. Do u know of any British nurses who take phone calls from their boyfriends on a landline whilst working at a patient’s home ????

7. Re; the shooting…. “My only source of information is a kind young lady in her apartment named Melissa who speaks no English” … rather convenient eh ? Expect the txt or phone call soon asking for help with the medical bills… or has it already arrived ? Payable to Western Union in her friend’s name ?

Tell you what .... I'll happily send them a wedding gift when they get married (if I'm proven wrong)

Banned

So cynical You have no way of knowing that.

Hope things are not as bad as you fear, Noel. Keep us posted.

.... Cynical ?.... NO

Realistic ? YES !

BB has actually highlighted some very valid points,a shooting incident like this is always easy to verify,whats the name of the clinic/hospital?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    BB has actually highlighted some very valid points,a shooting incident like this is always easy to verify,whats the name of the clinic/hospital?
    Would a shooting such as this be reported in the local news?

I have to say that some things that BB pointed out did seem a touch unusual/possibly suspiscious, but I don't have that much knowledge of Philippines, places and difficulties there or of scams that people can try on. As my trust has been taken advantage of before, a couple of possible small scams that were tried on with me and a few things I have read on the forum, I just try to be a little wary and not get carried away. I just hope for Noels sake that she is genuine and if she is, that she recovers very soon.

Small town provincial shootings are reported in the local rags,and i know a few people in the general area,the Pinoy grapevine is a lot longer than our own with branches that reach around the world,very easy to validate the story and get a report on the status of the victim.

... and ...

as an afterthought...

... she must have travelled to Manila (re: the ferry incident) with a flight ticket, yes .....
    ... and she didn't use it ???????????
    Almost everyone else in her place would have boarded that flight.... and tried
    to get that "stolen" certificate faxed to her here.

..... or was this flight ticket also stolen ????

And, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't tell us that you sent her the money for the airplane ticket ? .

Banned
    I hadn't read Noel's other posts before posting my last comment, and though I wouldn't go all out and say you're being set up to be scammed there are some red flags that would make me slightly suspicious.

If she is in a clinic in Kabuntalan(Tumbao)its only a barangay,its not exactly the size of London,in a barangay everyone knows everyone elses business,as a friend used to say everyone knows what time of night a neighbour rolls over and utots Anyone with two rounds in them unless they are Schwarzenegger isnt getting out of hospital anytime soon,certainly not within the next few days,so just TXT melissa and ask the name of the clinic,that will put your mind at rest.

Reasons for my “concern/doubt” ????

1. … from your first post .. “… a nursing aide ….due to travel here on a work visa”. It’s almost impossible to get a work visa these days, and for a nursing aide ???? not even a fully qualified nurse ? , even more difficult.
    So, where was she supposed to work ? ….. which hospital, residential care home ? Have u asked, and checked via the net if the name/address of the hospital matches, if human resources there are aware of her ?

2. “medical certificate” stolen…… ”this was renewable in Manila but naturally they wanted to charge an extortionate amount of money” …. doesn’t ring true. Also …”She didn't have that and neither did I”…. so she asked for money, yes ? How much ? I’m sure others on here have had to replace a certificate, so have an idea what the charge is.

3. so….. she had a work visa, but has abandoned it because of the “stolen” certificate ? I don’t think so ! Most Filipinas would move heaven & earth to get to the UK on that work visa. I don’t believe she ever had one.

4. Who suggested Manila as a potential “meeting” ground… you or her ? GenSan is safe, and Davao even safer. Perhaps she’s not keen on bumping into people she knows while she’s with you .

5. “I have sent her some packages and these have gone to a family friend in General Santos City” ….. why ? …… the postal service works reasonably well through-out the Philippines. Or perhaps she’s not keen on you knowing her actual address, so able to trace her at a later date ?

6. “..communicate with her except by phone at one of her patient's place”. Highly, highly dubious. Do u know of any British nurses who take phone calls from their boyfriends on a landline whilst working at a patient’s home ????

7. Re; the shooting…. “My only source of information is a kind young lady in her apartment named Melissa who speaks no English” … rather convenient eh ? Expect the txt or phone call soon asking for help with the medical bills… or has it already arrived ? Payable to Western Union in her friend’s name ?

Tell you what .... I'll happily send them a wedding gift when they get married (if I'm proven wrong)
    I don't want to think bad about Jonalyn since according to her friend you talked to she got some gunshot. But when BBJ pointed his doubts I started to think deeply about it. BBJ might be right about his assumptions
    I just hope she's telling the truth because this is something serious.
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

Melissa cant speak english?Walang problema,thats what this site is for,helping each other out,TXT her this "Melissa asa nga ospital si Jonalyn, si Noel ni"

We did have our doubts about this, hence Ladybugs (my wife) earlier post here.
    I was quite harsh to Noel, on a different thread, as some of his posts just didn't seem quite right?

I sincerely hope I am wrong & if proved, I apologise profusely. But either way things are a little awkward for Noel, at the moment.

Keep us posted Noel, as we are all here for you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information