Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Schengen Visa Approved

Well folks, Myrna finally received a letter of confirmation from the Consulat General De France A Edimbourg this forenoon ... to the effect that her 7-day visa had been agreed following her application a fortnight ago. Cht, it really IS "easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle" [to quote the time-honoured Biblical phrase] "than for a Filipina to enter the Republic of France" ... the one saving grace being that the visa is issued FREE OF CHARGE to the spouse of a British citizen (in this case moi)!

So, tomorrow morning, at the crack of dawn ( still the middle of the night for me!) we're off to Edinburgh ... courtesy of Scottish Citylink ... to report to the French Embassy in Randolph Crescent - with Myrna's passport - by 9.30am (MY 3rd visitation in as many weeks, at this ungodly hour!).

Thereafter, it's "simply" a matter of wandering around the Capital's streets to amuse ourselves until 4pm - when we can collect our "prize" for waiting. Sure, the City boasts loads of tourist attractions ... but they're all so bloody expensive - and I'm no *Andrew Carnegie! (*Dunfermline-born millionaire & philanthropist).

Let's hope the sodding awful WEATHER improves overnight!

thats great news and i hope you enjoy your trip

Good news Arthur, glad you've got the visa, life isn't straight forward for any of us is it.

Are you off to Paris?...I know you have a special day coming up soon.

Good news indeed Arthur, congratulations and try to enjoy your trip to Edinburgh as much as possible.
    Jiri & Maricel

Banned
    Congrats to your wifey Arthur. I wish the weather will be fine and sunny. Last monday was great. It was sunny and I can see the sea view clearly from our school windows.

Same London, expensive everything
    Let your wifey enjoy travelling the city by Edinburgh sight seeing tour bus. It cost £12 but I'm sure she will enjoy if the weather is clear no dark clouds.

Good to hear Arthur, I am sure when it is all over the waiting will have been worthwhile.
    Myrna will enjoy France I am sure.
    Have a great time (assuming your going too of course)
    JOHN and VANESSA

can you apply for schengan when on fiance visa too !!
    regards

jonathan

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

Good news Arthur. There are some brilliant shops and cafes in the small streets BEHIND Prince's Street - a lot cheaper than on the main drag.
    Pack your clubs and go and have 18 holes at WEST LINTON - a few miles outside the city.

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Congratulations and enjoy your trip
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan47 View Post
    can you apply for schengan when on fiance visa too !!
    regards

jonathan
    Yes, but if you are not married it's not so easy. Have to provide travel plans and will have to pay for the visa. Also it may be refused.

Myrna's Schengen Visa

Many thanks to all who responded to this post, and for the congratulatory messages received.

Myrna and I duly reported to the French Embassy in Edinburgh yesterday morning as directed ... albeit slightly behind schedule, on account of progress being hampered by traffic congestion arising from precautionary speed restrictions implemented on the Forth Road Bridge, due to gale-force winds.

More or less in accordance with my expectations - once the various formalities had been completed - we were given the option of either having Myrna's processed passport returned to us the following day by 'Special Delivery' ... or calling back in the late afternoon to collect it.

Mindful of the fact that neither of us was likely to be available to sign for the package when it arrived, owing to my having a routine hospital appointment, we chose the latter.

McDonald's two branches in Princes Street - the Capital's main thoroughfare - were both filled to capacity and evidently doing a "roaring trade" as hordes of people flocked into the fast food outlets in a desperate bid to escape the fierce, cold gusts of wind and squally bursts of rain flooding the pavements.

Mary Poppins would've been aghast at the sheer number of discarded umbrellas stuffed into litter bins placed strategically along one of Scotland's most exposed and windblown urban streets.

Many hours (and showers) later, we stood on the Consulate's doorstep together with other bedraggled hopefuls waiting, in turn, to pick up their newly endorsed passports.

Much to my relief, the earlier security checks we'd had to undergo that morning were waived, and we were met by a very friendly member of staff ... a Frenchman, who even shook our hands and wished us a very happy (if belated) honeymoon in his native country.

Magic!

Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven View Post
    thats great news and i hope you enjoy your trip
    Thanks ... and I'd like to take the opportunity of wishing YOUR good lady safe and enjoyable flights on her imminent journey to the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    Good news Arthur, glad you've got the visa, life *isn't straight forward for any of us is it.

Are you off to Paris?...I know you have a special day coming up soon.
    Thanks ... *you're telling ME, Simon! But yes, we're hoping to go to Paris as soon as we can arrange a decent package with Eurostar. Our 1st Wedding Anniversary is fast-approaching, and we both feel we've "flown" enough for one year.

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    Congrats to your wifey Arthur. I wish the weather will be fine and sunny. Last monday was great. It was sunny and I can see the sea view clearly from our school windows.

Same London, expensive everything
    Let your wifey enjoy travelling the city by Edinburgh sight seeing tour bus. It cost £12 but I'm sure she will enjoy if the weather is clear no dark clouds.
    Thanks, Penny. Alas, the weather in Edinburgh was at its worst yesterday ... not exactly ideal for riding an open-top, double-deck tour bus, unfortunately!

Otherwise it was a great suggestion; perhaps another time, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji&Ma View Post
    Good news indeed Arthur, congratulations and try to enjoy your trip to Edinburgh as much as possible.
    Thanks, Jiri & Maricel. It wasn't the best day out in Scotland's capital city weather-wise ... but at least Myrna and I managed achieve our main objective and return home satisfied!

Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post
    Good to hear Arthur, I am sure when it is all over the waiting will have been worthwhile.
    Myrna will enjoy France I am sure.
    Have a great time (assuming your going too of course)
    Yes, indeed, folks. Myrna is delighted at the prospect of she and I visiting the French Capital. Thanks, John and Vanessa for taking the time out from your busy schedule to express your good wishes!

Great news and a real shame about the Wind as Scotlands capital city is a Beautiful place to walk round at least for me.

Bon Voyage to you both what Part of France are you go to? Oh just read the post above Paris a wonderul city
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by liane View Post
    Congratulations and enjoy your trip
    Thanks, Liane for your congratulations ... and also for wishing us a nice trip which, we hope, will coincide with our forthcoming 1st wedding anniversary.

Respected Member
    congratulations on getting the visa! enjoy the french capital and try to forget about the current exchange rate!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Good news Arthur. There are some brilliant *shops and cafes in the small streets BEHIND Prince's Street - a lot cheaper than on the main drag.
    Pack your clubs and go and have 18 holes at WEST LINTON - a few miles outside the city.

Al.
    Thanks, Alan. Yeah, you're right! And *they make a pleasant change from the rather mundane, "run of the mill" chain stores one finds in almost all reasonably sized towns throughout the entire UK nowadays ... more "individuality" about them, somehow.

Likewise, with the small taverns and pubs to be discovered "off the beaten track"; Rose Street being a prime example.

Sadly, yesterday's weather was absolutely appalling ... 'Auld Reekie' being even more windswept than usual, and awash with torrential rain. So you can imagine how this deluge would affect the golf course at West Linton!

I hope you're well on the mend after your recent accident, mate. Regards too, to Hanna.

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Great news and a real shame about the Wind as Scotlands capital city is a Beautiful place to walk round at least for me.
    ... on both counts. And, like you, I NORMALLY love walking around a fine historic city like Edinburgh. But yesterday ... argh!

Quote Originally Posted by eula mackay View Post
    congratulations on getting the visa! enjoy the french capital and try to forget about the current exchange rate!
    Thanks, Eula ... and I hope you manage to get yours soon too. What a hassle it is, considering Britain's membership [albeit not exactly through the electorate's unanimous choice!] of the EEC.

As for the current exchange rate ... enough said ... but I'll certainly do my best not to think overmuch about it!

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Bon Voyage to you both what Part of France are you go to? Oh just read the post above Paris a wonderul city
    Thanks, Andy ... yes, Paris! Been there once before (on my own) ... albeit only fleetingly. But I believe it IS, very worthwhile exploring in greater depth. And it's one place that Myrna is especially keen to visit!

Respected Member
    the only consolation i have is that i was told they applied for a years multiple entry visa for me, i just hope it gets granted! 10 more months and its citizenship time! more money

WE are hoping to take a trip to Paris next March/April. Is anyone aware of whether the system in London is same day processing or apply and wait? Looking at the embassy website there are no more appointments for this year and appointments for next year are not posted as yet

Thanks

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xebec View Post
    WE are hoping to take a trip to Paris next March/April. Is anyone aware of whether the system in London is same day processing or apply and wait? Looking at the embassy website there are no more appointments for this year and appointments for next year are not posted as yet

Thanks
    I believe that a Philippines citizen will never get a Schengen visa issued the same day, it will always take a minimum of two weeks to allow them to perform their checks.

Appointments for next year should appear soon, or if you want you could ring their premium rate phone number.

Quote Originally Posted by xebec View Post

Thanks
    apply and wait.there is no same day processing.for the appointments, just visit thier website always.

Thread Information