Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

manila to london

hi chaps and chapesses,
    annabel's apointment at embassy tomorrow, not wishing to put the hoax on it but i started looking for a booking one way from manila to london ....singapore air wont hold a ticket and obviously i dont want to buy one untill we know the result... my usual travel agents trailfinders told me it was £1200 but on the web it was £500 they told me it was because they dont get a discount from that end but earlier in the yr they got me a return originating from manila for £500....mmmmm anyone got any ideas

thanks

jonathan

goodluck to the interview, please tell annabel she can do it.... im excited to see her in UK..

let us know the results then...

abby,
    thank you, annabel is excited nervous and happy all at the same time, she is looking forward to making friends here in the uk, i tried to accept the friends request but doesnt seem to go through maybe i not a well respected member yet i havent been posting on here for long ?....as soon as i have concrete news will let you know i think its important she builds up a barkada of friends for tong tong heheh
    take care

give my regards to your husband

jonathan and annabel

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    You should be able go accept the friend request thing as it worked ok with me and I'm new with not so many posts. Maybe you clicked on the wrong bit ?!

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan47 View Post
    hi chaps and chapesses,
    annabel's apointment at embassy tomorrow, not wishing to put the hoax on it but i started looking for a booking one way from manila to london ....singapore air wont hold a ticket and obviously i dont want to buy one untill we know the result... my usual travel agents trailfinders told me it was £1200 but on the web it was £500 they told me it was because they dont get a discount from that end but earlier in the yr they got me a return originating from manila for £500....mmmmm anyone got any ideas

thanks

jonathan
    Can't help as regards getting the best flight deals, Jonathan ... but I'd like to wish Annabel all the very best for tomorrow's appointment at the Embassy!

Jonathan

... I'll start the ball rolling ....

I assume she'll need some time to pack, sort out her affairs, so
    December 15th ... flights

Manila via Kuwait £276 one way
    Manila via Abu Dhabi £291 one way

both via Asda Travel (part of the supermarket group)
    Have booked via them before... always trouble-free

http://www.asda-travel.co.uk/
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Hello Jonathan. How did Annabel's made her appointment? Is it through online or by phone? I am planning to call tomorrow to make an appointment, but i am hoping they have other number for a non pldt/smart, bayantel subscribers. Goodluck to you both. I am nervous as hell! But there's no turning back, i just paid the visa fee earlier today.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post
    ... I'll start the ball rolling ....

I assume she'll need some time to pack, sort out her affairs, so
    December 15th ... flights

Manila via Kuwait £276 one way
    Manila via Abu Dhabi £291 one way

both via Asda Travel (part of the supermarket group)
    Have booked via them before... always trouble-free

http://www.asda-travel.co.uk/
    If you book direct with kuwait airlines for that date you can get it for $403.91. Using xe.com that comes out at £243.05 but it depends on the exchange rate you get.

(found using www.kayak.co.uk)

Darren

.... will have to remember that "wheeze" next time I book.
    However, Kuwait Air is a dry airline, which does lose some of it's appeal to me !

FYI ... Jonathan .... the flight Manila - (via Abu Dhabi) - London
    is the best option, as only about 1 1/2 hrs in transit in Abu Dhabi.
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    If you book direct with kuwait airlines for that date you can get it for $403.91. Using xe.com that comes out at £243.05 but it depends on the exchange rate you get.

(found using www.kayak.co.uk)
    Yup. It's really a case of just "kuwait [you wait] and see" ...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post
    .... will have to remember that "wheeze" next time I book.
    However, Kuwait Air is a dry airline, which does lose some of it's appeal to me !

FYI ... Jonathan .... the flight Manila - (via Abu Dhabi) - London
    is the best option, as only about 1 1/2 hrs in transit in Abu Dhabi.
    If that is with etihad then worth trying direct with the airline again... $452.00 (maybe £271.58)

In the past I would have never booked direct with airlines as it was too costly, but now it often comes out the same or even cheaper. Plus you may get a bit more protection booking direct with the airline.

i got a ticket through expedia on etihad yday for £283 and the wifey gets here monday

whiteraven, i was hoping annabel could travel monday or tuesday but that might be a bit soon as she needs to return to siquijor to pack things up and say goodbye ! well for a little while hope to go back with her in may 2010, blue bird jones, darren b, arthur little have made note for those websites, i guess i wont be sleeping tonight untill i her from her and the news of yes or no !!!! dont think i ever been this stressed and i thank you all for you answers and replies.

dee31,
    hello i wish you good luck to book with VFS you can do that online or call, the only numbers i have are those on the website, alternative you can turn up 6am and queue and to be honest i dont think they that busy this time of year latest figures show they did 86 settlement visa last month ....hope that helps VFS is ok they just take your documents application form check all is ok and take your finger prints....

good luck

jonathan and annabel

Mind if I ask which part of Siquijor she is from Jonathan?Larena?Maria?Lazi?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

tawi2
    shes from just outside maria a place called pisong, are you from there too ?

jonathan

I know loads of people from Siquijor,I am from england but first went to Siquijor 20 years ago when there were no tarmac roads and not one single car on the entire island,there were only four resorts,Dondeezcos,coco grove,kiwi dive,and paradise beach at salagdoong,I have been there 12-15 times,I was there earlier this year actually,cool place but beware the mananangals

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

mananangals..... go on tell me what that means ......apparently there is magic on the island!!!well annabel stole my heart so maybe she used magic hehehe...its a beautiful island and could see us living there one day, i am a scube diving to so might get my own boat one day !! a bit more development now and a few foriegners now who have married to filipina from siquijor and settled on the island....lots of poverty to but one thing i love about the philippines is the family support of one another

jonathan

There was a couple of Japanese divers drown there a few years ago I remember the guy from Kiwi Dive telling me,theres a fish sanctuary to the left of Larena,the beach near the cemetary,done loads of snorkelling around there,never seen anything of size though,lots of sea-snakes and suchlikes,There are several Siquijodnons here in the UK
    Dont believe the magic,its superstitious nonesense,nothing more,nothing less,ask your lady about Holy Week and the potions concocted in San Antonio Been to watch them a few times,even saw Jesus Butalid and his incredible dancing dolls but its all fakery and mumbo jumbo,draws a few tourists in though

Thread Information