Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

10 Ways the Philippines could be improved (from my limited exposure)

Just my thoughts...

1. A real minimum wage
    2. Elections overseen by the UN from start to finish
    3. Laws demanding polluting companies get fined for their neglect (or if they have them, enforce them)
    4. A sewage system
    5. an education system free to all and not taxed, with a clampdown on teachers getting backhanders for higher grades.
    6. Kebab Shops
    7. A movement of social reform which would compel the communists in the south to lose their guns and join the debate.
    8. Replanting trees as they are cut down.
    9. No child Prisoners in Adult Prisons, and no prison time for clear offences brought about from hunger.
    10. Free Healthcare for All.....

A pure pipe dream would be an end to the corruption, the affects which stifle every aspect of life.

Quote Originally Posted by New Shoes View Post
    A pure pipe dream would be an end to the corruption, the affects which stifle every aspect of life.
    Hear Hear!

Newbie (Restricted Access) Dekka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Just my thoughts...

1. A real minimum wage
    3. Laws demanding polluting companies get fined for their neglect (or if they have them, enforce them)
    4. A sewage system
    5. an education system free to all and not taxed, with a clampdown on teachers getting backhanders for higher grades.
    6. Kebab Shops
    7. A movement of social reform which would compel the communists in the south to lose their guns and join the debate.
    9. No child Prisoners in Adult Prisons, and no prison time for clear offences brought about from hunger.
    Also no high Airport Tax or Terminal Fee's either,i think they make enough out of it at present...

Also like to add,Government Funding for Electricity,in making improvements to the already very primative way it is done now...and better water connections etc...

Also more could be put into housing from the Government

Cut The Governments Fat Cat Wages and make the philipines more attractive for tourism.

just my 2 pesos worth...

I would sooner believe in the tooth fairy and father christmas than any of those being implemented,no way jose will there be a genuine minimum wage,some of those barrios are like mini-feifdoms where the mayor or his cronies call the shots,the country is just too fragmented for any nationwide social reform or welfare programs,deforestation is rampant often with the collusion of those higher up,the list is endless,and its not just communists in Mindanao or the south,its islamists,they want independence not free dentistry or schooling,the country is problematic from top to bottom and isnt going to improve much if any during our lifetimes,the educated leave in droves,the great brain drain while the poor are left behind getting poorer and poorer

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
    Also no high Airport Tax or Terminal Fee's either,i think they make enough out of it at present...

Also like to add,Government Funding for Electricity,in making improvements to the already very primative way it is done now...and better water connections etc...

Also more could be put into housing from the Government

Cut The Governments Fat Cat Wages and make the philipines more attractive for tourism.

just my 2 pesos worth...
    Countries like Thailand etc positively encourage tourism and it brings in lots of foriegn currency which helps the country in general, but in the Philippines, if there's nothing in it for those who run the country, then they won't bother.
    Iain.

I always said that Ian,Thailand everything is laid on for tourists,the country is geared up for them,loads of activities,world class diving and accommodation everywhere,pinas once your outside a pinoy city apart from places like moalboal or boracay the country just isnt tourist friendly,the average western tourist doesnt want cockroaches nor broken or leaking aircons and they actually expect fast service in all restaurants and suchlike,pinas isnt a tourist destination,I think I read a statistic that 80% or so of the reefs are damaged or polluted in some ways?Cebu and other islands are visibly deforested,pinas has a rep for crime,long list but its not comparable to thailand at all.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    I've often wondered why Philippines doesn't gear itself towards tourism more, but from a personal perspective I'm glad it doesn't. I'd be sad to see a Davao city turned into a Pattaya or Chiang Mai, with sex tourists, yobs and backpackers everywhere.

I am also glad Davao is way down south in bandit country and has a bad though totally unjustified rep,keeps the riff-raff out

Respected Member
    1) Extend the MRT/LRT to Manila Airport
    2) Improve concessions for export, setup a system which encourages international business and makes the customs/clearance for export easy
    3) Hold a exhibition to present Philippine Manufacturing and Services to the international community
    4) Fix the airport, charge the taxes to the airline to include in the ticket price, transfer all aircraft to T3, put all domestic flights on remote stands
    5) Everything that Northerner says!

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    MMMMMMM, perhaps when all these suggestions, and those to come, have been implemented the name could be changed too, perhaps to 'Utopia' or 'In Your Dreams' !!!!!

I think the list for the UK would be MUCH longer. So lets get our own country in order before having a go at someone else's.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I think the list for the UK would be MUCH longer. So lets get our own country in order before having a go at someone else's.
    Getting rid of this lot at the next general election would be a good start......

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Getting rid of this lot at the next general election would be a good start......
    Seconded

Banned
    I was going to write that............
    Seems like Northerner has a downer on the Phils.
    Dear me.

Just my thoughts...

1. A real minimum wage
    4. A sewage system
    6. Kebab Shops
    1. There is a real minimum wage system here..(The important word here though is "minimum")
    2. I think its Comelec that does that kind of thing here?
    4. Septic tank system here.. Dig a hole and cover with bannana leaves.
    5. Kids in my area all go to school for free..Not sure if they are educated though?
    7. The NPA will never come down from their mountains anywhere in the R.P and hand over weapons IMV..The Gov here would never be able to live up to their pre conditions..After all,they are communists.
    8. Foriegn Mining companies must plant 5 times more trees than they cut down.. Problem is Filipino mining companies do not..
    Lots of illegal logging here and checkpoints being paid bungs to allow them through..
    Positive:We went to our local DENR and was told to help ourselves to 2 foot high Mahogany,Lanka,Mango etc trees..We filled the car up and will plant soon..
    9. No child prisoners allowed in adult prisons since ITV exposed this in the UK..GMA had this practice stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    The members? You can ban them all now then!!!
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Can I....??? Can I...????

i was thinking the same

having a top ten needs taxs to pay for them,our goverment cant fund everything..how do you think a philipines goverment will do this
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

my hubby added AND A FAST INTERNET CONNECTION !!!

btw he agrees to everything what northerner says.
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

10 Ways the Philippines could be improved

My only number one is.......... Remove all the corrupted governments specially change the President!!!

whitout changing the above first the Philippines will not improve!
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Respected Member
    You beat me to it, I was going to say most of them could apply to the UK

Banned
    hear hear...

and to start off, I got shocked when fiancee told me to go home before dark for fear that the kids might mog me or something.... i go: what? you are scared s*itless of your kids here???

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    10 Ways the Philippines could be improved

My only number one is.......... Remove all the corrupted governments specially change the President!!!

whitout changing the above first the Philippines will not improve!

Well you will all get your wish soon enough as the Phils will have a new elected President next year.. Looks as if it will be Aquino although he is already under pressure with claims and accusations flying at him regarding family land I think..
    Like recent presidents he will enjoy a brief honeymoon period and then be hung out to dry long before his second term..And so it goes..

corruption is everywhere just look at england and we have the worlds only unelected pm and now an unelected EU president, at least in the phillippines they have an election, even if its corupt i wouldnt be to quick to judge especially as we live in a glass house !!!

jonathan

comparing whats wrong with the uk and the philipines is a little silly,imo.

when i go to the philipines and get back,im glad to be back home.

if you cant see the difference than a doctor may help
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan47 View Post
    corruption is everywhere just look at england and we have the worlds only unelected PM.......

jonathan
    But in the UK we do not elect the PM, he/she is chosen by the governing party.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    comparing whats wrong with the uk and the philipines is a little silly,imo.

when i go to the philipines and get back,im glad to be back home.

if you cant see the difference than a doctor may help
    but when I go to the Philipines and then get back home, I get depressed.

Jim

Just my thoughts...

1. A real minimum wage
    4. A sewage system
    6. Kebab Shops
    Altho I would agree to most of what you've written here, it seems to me tho as a list of what the people needs to have (and I'm sure this country is aware of what they lack) and this list is not the way of how to improve them because the real problem in this country falls down to "how can we provide them". It's easy to say "Free healthcare for all" but HOW? Who doesn't want a Free Healthcare anyway?

Second, I disagree with "Elections overseen by the UN from start to finish" this is a free democratic country and having an international organization with an interest "monitoring" the election can be biased. I know the objectives of UN, but who controls the UN? What are their interest? Who are the members?

The real problem and solution in this country will never be answered with just election. This is true with other countries as well. We've seen them change position and passed laws but did anything change? Sadly, everyone views that election is the answer. If we want to change and improve this country, we have to start within ourselves and in our family because those politicians only have their interest in their minds.

I would like to see more Filipinos starting their own businesses here and employing Filipinos. Generate more jobs and produce Filipino-owned brands and products. If more Filipino become entrepreneurs then many Filipino wouldn't have to go elsewhere to find work. Education is also the key on changing things. Are we breeding the right values that will make this country prosper? Is national beliefs and pride alone can make this country united? Little things that we can do to change this nation if put together can create a national awakening against its status quo. If someone go beyond of daring to go against the core values that this country has which had impeded its growth, then we can see people starting to follow the way to change and development.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FixYou. View Post
    Altho I would agree to most of what you've written here, it seems to me tho as a list of what the people needs to have (and I'm sure this country is aware of what they lack) and this list is not the way of how to improve them because the real problem in this country falls down to "how can we provide them". It's easy to say "Free healthcare for all" but HOW? Who doesn't want a Free Healthcare anyway?

Second, I disagree with "Elections overseen by the UN from start to finish" this is a free democratic country and having an international organization with an interest "monitoring" the election can be biased. I know the objectives of UN, but who controls the UN? What are their interest? Who are the members?

The real problem and solution in this country will never be answered with just election. This is true with other countries as well. We've seen them change position and passed laws but did anything change? Sadly, everyone views that election is the answer. If we want to change and improve this country, we have to start within ourselves and in our family because those politicians only have their interest in their minds.

I would like to see more Filipinos starting their own businesses here and employing Filipinos. Generate more jobs and produce Filipino-owned brands and products. If more Filipino become entrepreneurs then many Filipino wouldn't have to go elsewhere to find work. Education is also the key on changing things. Are we breeding the right values that will make this country prosper? Is national beliefs and pride alone can make this country united? Little things that we can do to change this nation if put together can create a national awakening against its status quo. If someone go beyond of daring to go against the core values that this country has which had impeded its growth, then we can see people starting to follow the way to change and development.
    Very good points I completely agree with you particularly the point I highlighted.

You will always need those who go abroad though as some of them are the front line in creating relationships with foreign businesses which helps trade.

Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information