Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Approx 11% of the population are working abroad,nearly everyone I meet in pinas with a marketable education and degree wants to get out or are already out,its the mindset you need to change,look at how many people are studying nursing because its an easy escape route out of the country.I spoke to some kids earlier this year,all wanted to be engineers or work in the medical field and "Work abroad" its chorused so often and by so many people it should be incorporated in the national anthem

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

^
    "nang lumipad ng dahil sa'yo" should change "nang mamatay ng dahil sa'yo" LOL!

You gave me the ideas to this one! (Are we allowed to post in tagalog?) Anyway to those who didn't understand what I just said, I wrote the lines from our national anthem lol.

Slightly morbid re-write but its true,every man and his dog leaves once they have the educational requirements for their chosen country,in fact Gloria actually encourages it as its more remittances to keep the ship afloat

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Slightly morbid re-write but its true,every man and his dog leaves once they have the educational requirements for their chosen country,in fact Gloria actually encourages it as its more remittances to keep the ship afloat
    Don't forget we Brits had decades of "Brain drain" too

What we didn't have is the remittance culture.

Jim

comparing whats wrong with the uk and the philipines is a little silly,imo.
    I agree..Its why I joined the mass exodus!

but when I go to the Philipines and then get back home, I get depressed.
    I used to feel the same way..
    I may be forced to spend a week in the UK next year..
    Now look who`s depressed!!

Quote Originally Posted by FixYou. View Post

The real problem and solution in this country will never be answered with just election. This is true with other countries as well. We've seen them change position and passed laws but did anything change? Sadly, everyone views that election is the answer. If we want to change and improve this country, we have to start within ourselves and in our family because those politicians only have their interest in their minds.

I would like to see more Filipinos starting their own businesses here and employing Filipinos. Generate more jobs and produce Filipino-owned brands and products. If more Filipino become entrepreneurs then many Filipino wouldn't have to go elsewhere to find work. Education is also the key on changing things. Are we breeding the right values that will make this country prosper? Is national beliefs and pride alone can make this country united? Little things that we can do to change this nation if put together can create a national awakening against its status quo. If someone go beyond of daring to go against the core values that this country has which had impeded its growth, then we can see people starting to follow the way to change and development.

a very

i totally agree with you
    "When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."~ Unknown

Trusted Member
    Congratulations to "Northerner" for starting this thread. As a doctor with an interest in the Philippines I can only say that I'm kept humble and continue to learn from this forum, and I'm not about to offer a solution. "Free" healthcare for all is of course the ideal; in the UK the NHS provides treatment for everyone which is largely free at the point of delivery but is paid for by taxation. However, even in this country, as new and expensive treatments such as cancer drugs become available, decisions have to be made about what can be afforded. This can lead to "postcode lotteries" where a given drug may or may not be available depending on where the patient lives. How much is the taxpayer prepared to pay for health ; should there be a hypothecated tax solely for health ? We've just been reminded in today's news that nearly a million people in the world, mainly young children, die from malaria each year and far more resources are needed for prevention and treatment of malaria. That's not fair, nor is the situation in the Philippines fair, but thanks again for making us think about these matters.

An underground in Manila, a flushing toilet and running water in every house!

Quote Originally Posted by English Rose View Post
    An underground in Manila, a flushing toilet and running water in every house!

An underground in Manial only if it had mega efficent ac blimey warm enough in London on the toob during the summer to almost kill people

Runing water for all would be a good thing
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by jackson.alan46 View Post
    "Free" healthcare for all is of course the ideal; in the UK the NHS provides treatment for everyone which is largely free at the point of delivery but is paid for by taxation. However, even in this country, as new and expensive treatments such as cancer drugs become available, decisions have to be made about what can be afforded. This can lead to "postcode lotteries" where a given drug may or may not be available depending on where the patient lives. How much is the taxpayer prepared to pay for health ; should there be a hypothecated tax solely for health ? We've just been reminded in today's news that nearly a million people in the world
    NHS could save money by using its buying power to buy at lower prices and also buy generic drugs instead, and from a court ruling in 2007, Indian pharmaceutical companies can continue making low-cost generic drugs, Y.K. Sapru, the head of the Cancer Patients Aid Association, a support group in Mumbai, welcomed the decision.

"This is a very major victory domestically and internationally," Sapru said. "India has a $5 billion pharma industry and 65 percent of those drugs are sold to the developing world and poorer people in the developed world. All that would have been suspended if the judgment had gone the other way and there would have been a dearth of affordable drugs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/06/bu...4.7005552.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information