Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Entry visa mistake?

I arrived in Cebu two weeks ago with my Filipina wife and my son who has dual citizenship.
    We will stay for four or five months.
    Usually I extend my 21 day visa at Immigration in Mandaue whenever it expires.
    However - on entry this year my passport has been stamped with a one-year visa.

Is this a mistake? Or am I now entitled to a 1-year stay because of my son?
    And if it is a mistake, should I go to Immigration after 21 days or just take my chances at the airport when we leave in a few months?

thanks in advance for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by chubster View Post
    I arrived in Cebu two weeks ago with my Filipina wife and my son who has dual citizenship.

And if it is a mistake, should I go to Immigration after 21 days or just take my chances at the airport when we leave in a few months?

I MAY be wrong ... but I THINK you - as the husband and father of Filipino nationals - are entitled to a stay of up to one year in their country of origin, without the need for a further visa.

Banned

!
    Congratulations, you have been given a 1 year balikbayan visa on entry....

it is because you entered the country with your wife, it is called balikbayan visa and it is valid for 1 year.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    it is because you entered the country with your wife, it is called balikbayan visa and it is valid for 1 year.
    Ah, yes, that's right ... a Balikbayan Visa ... it'd been on the tip of my tongue, but its rather cumbersome ... and hence ?unpronouncable ... name and spelling somehow escaped me ...!

Literal translation Arthur,balik-return bayan-homeland,balikbayan is someone(or their spouse) who is returning to their homeland after a period abroad.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Jammy sod

Maybe they thought you were Filipino when your wife called you with a Filipino nickname

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Literal translation Arthur,balik-return bayan-homeland,balikbayan is someone(or their spouse) who is returning to their homeland after a period abroad.
    Whatever ... ta muchly, Del ... that's good to know for future reference! Strangely enough, I'D actually asked more or less the same sort of question on some other thread, but got no replies.

Yes it's a balikbayan visa valid for 1 year and as far as I know it will only be stamped or be given if you are travelling with your filipina wife.
    ----------------------------------------------
    "FAILURE IS NOT DEFEAT UNLESS U STOP TRYING"

Definitely it wasnt mistake, it was balikbayAN privilige, enjoy your holiday

Thread Information