Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

Advice Given on this site !!!!!!

I came across this site whilst actually searching for a filipino movie. After scanning down some of the posts i feel compelled to register and post to try and help other usesrs . To put it bluntly i think the advice given on this site by the moderators is just laughable particulary when it comes to explaining filipino values, attititudes, family intercatuion. There ignorance and misunderstanding is unbeliveable !!!!!. They have no idea !!!

Ive been married to a filipina for 15 yrs. Ive lived in davao / manila / cebu on and off for 6 yrs i speak tagalog fluently and ive maintained a happy harmonious relationship with my wife (and her family) for that time. I have numerous properties and business and ive expereienced just about every issue its possible to experience

entitled to comment - hmmmmmm

I was reading random posts its scary. There was one guy saying how 'operation philippines' presumably a mission to find a partner had cost him 45k in buying jeepneys, tricycles. Wow. When I was reading his posts it seems like hes on a one man mission in the philippines. And he actually belives hes made a difference !!!! Unbeliveable.

I think this site is great explaining how to get a visa stuff like that but the other stuff and more importantly how to deal with it - be vry careful

In the interests of free speech i note that all new posts are moderated b4 they appear. Oh well. Good luck guys

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeljones89 View Post
    I came across this site whilst actually searching for a filipino movie.
    Try a website that does movies, this is a forum

After scanning down some of the posts i feel compelled to register and post to try and help other usesrs . To put it bluntly i think the advice given on this site by the moderators is just laughable particulary when it comes to explaining filipino values, attititudes, family intercatuion. There ignorance and misunderstanding is unbeliveable !!!!!. They have no idea !!!

Ive been married to a filipina for 15 yrs. Ive lived in davao / manila / cebu on and off for 6 yrs i speak tagalog fluently and ive maintained a happy harmonious relationship with my wife (and her family) for that time. I have numerous properties and business and ive expereienced just about every issue its possible to experience

I was reading random posts its scary. There was one guy saying how 'operation philippines' presumably a mission to find a partner had cost him 45k in buying jeepneys, tricycles. Wow. When I was reading his posts it seems like hes on a one man mission in the philippines. And he actually belives hes made a difference !!!! Unbeliveable.

I think this site is great explaining how to get a visa stuff like that but the other stuff and more importantly how to deal with it - be vry careful

In the interests of free speech i note that all new posts are moderated b4 they appear. Oh well. Good luck guys

Hope you've got a thick skin, your about to be ripped apart and ridiculed by probably everyone on this forum. I could have banned you straight away, but nah, lets have some fun.

Everyones got different experiences Nigel but I hope that was 45k pesos and not pounds Cant remember reading that anywhere though T'internet has made the "Pinay brides" scene very popular nowadays,log onto a sight and voila,within a week you will have several ladies declaring undying love Never been into that myself but it seems to be in vogue and work for some but its just an internet site mate,its entertaining,and your right,the legal and immigration info is top notch,as for the rest different strokes for different blokes,be lucky

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    I came across this site whilst actually searching for a filipino movie. After scanning down some of the posts i feel compelled to register and post to try and help other usesrs . To put it bluntly i think the advice given on this site by the moderators is just laughable particulary when it comes to explaining filipino values, attititudes, family intercatuion. There ignorance and misunderstanding is unbeliveable !!!!!. They have no idea !!!

How random was your reading?

There are lots of people on here with varying experience of the Philippines and Filipino culture and of course there are a huge number of native Filipinos on here who are eminently capable of commenting on their own country.

What specific advice from the moderators is laughable?

Personally in my experience of family interaction, values, attitudes etc. they are fairly understanding and not that far off the mark and I've had a reasonable amount of personal experience of issues in the Phils though probably not as much as you.

This is a big site with a lot of posts and a lot of good people!

In general it is very supportive of people and is an extremely good resource, how much of it have you actually read or are you just reading the current surface layer of the forum?

Jim

... Do the pseudonymns 'katy' and 'mikemallorca' strike any chords with YOU, by any chance? Just curious, Nigel ... because your attitudes are very similar! And we've often wondered "What Katy Did Next" ...

... or has "her" cover been blown? ... [AGAIN!]

Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    How random was your reading?

There are lots of people on here with varying experience of the Philippines and Filipino culture and of course there are a huge number of native Filipinos on here who are eminently capable of commenting on their own country.

What specific advice from the moderators is laughable?

Personally in my experience of family interaction, values, attitudes etc. they are fairly understanding and not that far off the mark and I've had a reasonable amount of personal experience of issues in the Phils though probably not as much as you.

This is a big site with a lot of posts and a lot of good people!

In general it is very supportive of people and is an extremely good resource, how much of it have you actually read or are you just reading the current surface layer of the forum?

Jim
    Very well said, Jim!

There ignorance and misunderstanding is unbeliveable !!!!!.
    I rest my case.

To put it bluntly i think the advice given on this site by the moderators is just laughable particulary when it comes to explaining filipino values, attititudes, family intercatuion. There ignorance and misunderstanding is unbeliveable !!!!!. They have no idea !!!
    please explain some of our ignorance and misunderstandings then

as i could do with a

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
    Try a website that does movies, this is a forum

Hope you've got a thick skin, your about to be ripped apart and ridiculed by probably everyone on this forum. I could have banned you straight away, but nah, lets have some fun.
    You don't seriously consider banning people for having a differing opinion here do you?
    That would be like a dictatorship.
    It would be so boring if we were behaving like clones or nodding dogs out of
    fear of upsetting people in power.
    There is a lot of great info on this forum, but I've also seen a load of pure
    rubbish too! Opinions passed off as facts or principles.
    Depending on who comes out with the nonsense, I've often felt they don't get challenged on it, maybe a bit like heresy?
    On any forum you'll find quite a bit of strange stuff, humans are a mixed bunch.
    When it comes to folk that are on the internet too much, a VERY mixed bunch!
    I'll probably get stick for my truth, but better that than agreeing with would
    be bullies. Too easy to be an 'online hard man' or woman as is the case occassionally.
    I've read things on here before that disillusioned me that I've not checked
    in for months at a time.
    I must add that it's not unique to this forum. Not by a mile, so please, if
    you read this, think before you reply. You don't need to act the 'Smart Alec' and show off....... or do you?????

Quote Originally Posted by tommyw View Post
    You don't seriously consider banning people for having a differing opinion here do you?
    ...and look where democracy has got this country

This is MY forum, MY property, and you treat it like you are in my own home and show respect to myself, the Mods, and others. NO ONE HAS A RIGHT TO BE ON HERE. You are only allowed the use of this forum if I say so.

I take it you don't mind obnoxious arrogant gits mouthing off in your house then?

As for Nigel, guess he must have read all 100,000+ posts, and yet his 1st post marks him out as the forums No.1 'ole at the moment

Ive been married to a filipina for 15 yrs.
    ....and this makes you an expert? Pretty much a similar time as our PM has worked in finance... and see where that got us

This forum has helped 1000's over the years, and my guess is he's gone through life just helping himself in his little cocooned world.

...and on top of all that the user is a previous BANNED member so has purposely posted abuse, which actually goes right back at him.... plonker!
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... Do the pseudonymns 'katy' and 'mikemallorca' strike any chords with YOU, by any chance? Just curious, Nigel ... because your attitudes are very similar! And we've often wondered "What Katy Did Next" ...

... or has "her" cover been blown? ... [AGAIN!]
    I had that same feeling

Respected Member
    There ignorance and misunderstanding is unbeliveable !!!!!.
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    I rest my case.
    Classic Fred, nice one!

Jim

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    A difference of opinion is fine, but it seems like some people join just to try and cause trouble & stir things up! You can have a difference of opinion, but if it's different to most people's, then you need to think before you post, be reasonable and maybe not write the first thing that comes into your head as it can be in the heat of the moment and offend other people.

It seems that the OP has nothing better to do and is trying to get their own back for being banned before. They should grow up and just let it go and do something better with their spare time!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyw View Post
    Having been a mod on this forum for 4 years + I like to think I've got a good idea when someone comes on to the forum just to cause trouble, and the OP is a prime example of this (a "troll"). A genuine newbie would first introduce themselves, then maybe ask some advice, they would not register just to cause trouble.

As Keith says, this is a private forum, you either abide by the forum rules or face the consequences.

as expected,a former banned member rejoins and trys to be amusing

dont you get bored trying,im bored reading your nonsense

btw i like the boss and mods
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    btw i *LIKE the boss and mods
    ... and the *Trusted Members too, we hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... and the Trusted Members too, I hope!
    sorry arthur,i didnt mean to miss you trusted members out,infact i like all my fellow forumers.

but some more than others

who didn't give him a red blob

what did i missed in here?
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    who didn't give him a red blob

i cant give bad rep,only good rep but he was banned before i could

Banned
    Have I missed something important....????

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Have I missed something important....????
    Yes, you won the forum raffle

The prize is you take everyone out for dinner
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    what did i missed in here?
    same here Miss J, missed the action..

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Yes, you won the forum raffle

The prize is you take everyone out for dinner
    Great news

oh hang on in Wales

Cheese on toast anyone
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Trusted Member
    I'm a genuine "newbie" and have learned much already from this forum. In my profession, medicine, diagnosis and treatment must be evidence-based, not anecdotal. Similarly respected members of the forum have , it seems to me, achieved that hard-earned respect over time by opinions and expertise which are supported by the evidence. The saying "everyone's out of step except our Johnny" ("Jonesey"?) comes to mind !

People do things for a variety of reasons. Good people say/write things constructively in order to assist others. This particular disgruntled individual had a negative agenda obviously.
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jackson.alan46 View Post
    I'm a genuine "newbie" and have learned much already from this forum. In my profession, medicine, diagnosis and treatment must be evidence-based, not anecdotal. Similarly respected members of the forum have , it seems to me, achieved that hard-earned respect over time by opinions and expertise which are supported by the evidence. The saying "everyone's out of step except our Johnny" ("Jonesey"?) comes to mind !
    A quite sagacious post in my opinion Alan. Have some rep.

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Banned
    The original (now banned) poster of this particular thread should have taken the time to see how this forum has helped hundreds of people with a variety of problems relating to Fil-Brit relationships and everything relating to being together in the UK.

All of us who use this forum are indebted to Keith for hosting the site and for the mods who spend so much time helping so many people to successfully bring their loved ones in to the UK.

This allows everyone to benefit from other people's experiences.

There is no substitute for this.

I can see this nigeljones89 (or whoever he wants to be) character sitting in a bar in the Phils without friends because he is the sort of person who knows everything.

I for one could not have brought my lovely wife to the UK without the help of so many people on here who spend so much time helping others - something this odd-bod should take on board and stop being such a loser.

Thread Information