Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

how quick can i extend my 21 day visit in the philippines?

Hello there!

I maybe getting slightly paranoid here but i cant help thinking that i'll be deported soon as i arrive at manila airport!!!

I'am going over to philippines to see my very much missed hunny. I'm departing UK in dec and staying in philippines for 23 days! Trouble is i didnt think when i book my flights that a uk passport only allows a max of 21 days :/
    so....
    Is there any quick fix to extend my visit to 23 days? all i ask is the easy option would that be to visit the phil emb here or sort it out when i'm over there?

A old friend of mine did say that he just paid customs a fee, that was 10 years ago though :/

sorry to be a pain! i cant log onto uk phil site cus its currently down.

Please, if anyone has any advice .......

Quote Originally Posted by topbuzz121 View Post
    Hello there!

I maybe getting slightly paranoid here but i cant help thinking that i'll be deported soon as i arrive at manila airport!!!

I'am going over to philippines to see my very much missed hunny. I'm departing UK in dec and staying in philippines for 23 days! Trouble is i didnt think when i book my flights that a uk passport only allows a max of 21 days :/
    so....
    Is there any quick fix to extend my visit to 23 days? all i ask is the easy option would that be to visit the phil emb here or sort it out when i'm over there?

A old friend of mine did say that he just paid customs a fee, that was 10 years ago though :/

You could either extend your stay by a travel agency who have that kind of service or check on the regional bureau of immigration around the area you are staying. I think you could also pay your extended stay in the Philippines at the airport (just 2 days anyway) when you are going back to UK.
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

thankyou for your advice so i just settle up with phil customs when i get my passport stamped? surely they wont be too mad at me for overstaying a day or two?

thankyou for your advice so i just settle up with phil customs when i get my passport stamped? surely they wont be too mad at me for overstaying a day or two?
    You're welcome!
    Where in the Philippines you'll be staying?
    You could use the search feature in this forum to know more about visa extension.
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

i ll be in manila for one night then off to palawan by air for 7 days, then back to manila, then straight up to baguio and sagada for 7 days. finally back down to manila for xmas. Our planner is fixed so i cant change my flight details >,< thats why i'm a tad worried in regards to this visa extension!

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

You have no need to worry! Just visit the local Immigration office before your visa expires (even on the day it expires) and get an extension. I have been in the Phils. for almost 2 years on a visitors visa.

Only 2 pieces of bad news:-

You have to pay every time you extend your visa.
    You may have to wait at Immigration for a couple of hours.

But, as I say, stop worrying.

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    From what I remember,

You have to visit the local immigration office and apply for a visa extension..

This must be done at least 7 days before your original allowance expires.

You will need two passport sized photos.

The extension allows you to stay a further two months. This can be repeated to allow you to stay longer, but at the end of the year you must leave the Philippines (you can come straight back in on the next flight though and can start the process all over again.

If you're there for more than 6 months you need to have a visa that clears you to leave the country..

Please check with immigration office for costs and up to date details.. things might have changed since i last did this.

You would then be an illegal immigrant .... so that would mean you agree with the 100,000's of them in the UK!

At some point Philippine overstayers will be recorded and entry may be refused in the future, as well as it being flagged up during the UK visa process. Up to you to take the risk.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Respected Member
    i ll be in manila for one night then off to palawan by air for 7 days, then back to manila, then straight up to baguio and sagada for 7 days. finally back down to manila for xmas. Our planner is fixed so i cant change my flight details >,< thats why i'm a tad worried in regards to this visa extension!
    Judging by your schedule, I'd say that the easiest option is to leave your passport with a Travel Agent in Manila and let them sort out the extension while you're in Palawan. Then you won't have to wait for hours at the immigration Office. But make sure that you take a photocopy of your passport and that you've got some other form of photo ID for your plane.

You could leave it to be done while you're in Baguio, but I don't know about the opening hours of the Immigration Office near Xmas.

I wouldn't advise attempting to leave with your Visa out of date by a couple of days. I did it once and paid the "fine", but the immigration officials could have made it much more difficult for me!

thankyou everyone! you've made it clear for me! ok i'll go to the local immagration office when i'm back in manila from palawan. i really dont mind to wait the couple of hours u think it will cost no more than £50 ? thanks again.

I extended mine a few weeks ago, at a Bureau of Immigration, didn't take any longer than 30 mins. Guess it depends where you are, or how busy they are?

You need a photocopy of your passport, which I didn't have, so was sent upstairs to get it done. Cost me a few pesos.

It cost me 5000 something pesos to extend my visa, so it's going to be quite pricey, for a couple of days.

May just be worth pointing out, the office we went to, they were quite stringent on dress code...No sandals or T-shirts etc....Whether they actually implement it, I don't know, so better to be safe than sorry.

Hello there!

so....

you can get an extension visa when you arrive in manila airport just ask to the immigration officer or you can get it to the local branch of immigration and pay for php2,500
    all things are possible!

Respected Member
    Hello there!

so....

Erm your biggest problem may not be the authorities at the Philippine end, I have been refused boarding on a flight at Glasgow airport just because my passport had less than six months left on it and part of the Philippine entry regulations state six months is required.

My trip was delayed by three days as I had to go get an emergency replacement passport at the office in Glasgow on the Monday morning (was supposed to fly on 13th Dec 2008)

On several occasions I have had an argument at the check-in desk because my ticket was borderline 21 days I had to explain the time difference and that I was arriving a day later than departure.

My advice is be careful and ask your airline if you are ok without having a specific visa, in fact I would change my ticket so it only had 21 days then change it again after I arrived, will cost you but at least you will get out of the country.

I always fly with KLM by the way.

The really annoying thing about the time I was refused was that I had 4 months left on my passport but I had just returned from the Phils 4 weeks previously, I was pleading with them saying look I was less than 6 months the last time I was there look at my stamps!

In reality the published information is lacking and the correct rule in my case should have been 6 months or 6 weeks with local ECO discretion and given I was visiting my family and had 16 previous entry stamps I would have been ok.

Just be careful and check things out this end, don't worry so much about the Phils end.

Jim

thanks again for all ur kind advice ! makes sense to sort it soon as i arrive at manila airport. I've informed my hun that i ll be out of the airport later than expected!

@Jim , i have just replaced my passport (thank god - only took 2 weeks on standard service!) so i'm safe there! I was looking at KLM flying out of london city airport for a change, but a friend got me a discount on BA (dont laugh cus they are talking about strikes during xmas period) an i fancied flying out of terminal 5 this time round!
    I ll just blag them at LHR saying i ll be going to HKG for a few days and coming back to manila during those 23 days.... if i really need to!

cheers for the advice

Hello there!

so....

Dont know where in Uk u are , but if u go to the Phil Embassy in London you can get a visa allowing for 59 days stay..cost about £22.00..you can go in person or do it by post .Go to the website and all the details are there, might be worth the piece of mind http://www.philembassy-uk.org/default.asp?iId=JIEIK go to the consular services section...just a suggestion , enjoy your trip

Respected Member
    thanks again for all ur kind advice ! makes sense to sort it soon as i arrive at manila airport. I've informed my hun that i ll be out of the airport later than expected!

@Jim , i have just replaced my passport (thank god - only took 2 weeks on standard service!) so i'm safe there! I was looking at KLM flying out of london city airport for a change, but a friend got me a discount on BA (dont laugh cus they are talking about strikes during xmas period) an i fancied flying out of terminal 5 this time round!
    I ll just blag them at LHR saying i ll be going to HKG for a few days and coming back to manila during those 23 days.... if i really need to!

cheers for the advice
    Best of luck, they can be really strict, I would imagine that BA would be similar to KLM in that respect, they may actually force you to prove you have the Hong Kong ticket.

The reason they are strict about this is that the airline gets fined if a passenger gets deported at point of arrival, at least that was KLM's justification to me

Have you never watched those airport documentary programs on the tele where people think that enough arguing will get the check-in girl to let them through it never works

Good luck mate

Jim

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laurel View Post
    Dont know where in Uk u are , but if u go to the Phil Embassy in London you can get a visa allowing for 59 days stay..cost about £22.00..you can go in person or do it by post .Go to the website and all the details are there, might be worth the piece of mind http://www.philembassy-uk.org/default.asp?iId=JIEIK go to the consular services section...just a suggestion , enjoy your trip
    That is actually the best advice

Jim

cheers jim !

@ laurel, yeh i did try to log onto that site lastnight, i guess their server was down! it works now and i've had a good read. Looks like London it is then, gives me chance to make a day of it and take some pics of big ben and the london eye for her . I dont live too far away, simple train journey really!
    I'll phone then first thing monday to confirm the documents i need and if they can sort it there and then.

Thanks again! i'll update mid week!

Respected Member
    cheers jim !

@ laurel, yeh i did try to log onto that site lastnight, i guess their server was down! it works now and i've had a good read. Looks like London it is then, gives me chance to make a day of it and take some pics of big ben and the london eye for her . I dont live too far away, simple train journey really!
    I'll phone then first thing monday to confirm the documents i need and if they can sort it there and then.

Good man sensible choice

The third time I went over, I was going for about 36 days, I had to travel from Scotland to London to get the visa in time, real pain in the and expensive and time consuming

The Philippine Embassy policy is normally to take a week or so to issue a visa but I got same day treatment first time I applied and also when I applied for my second (slightly more expensive) multi entry visa. You have to make it very clear to them if you have time or distance restrictions, just make sure you have all the required documents when you turn up.

Jim

cheers jim !

Glad to be of help,

Hmm ... interesting discussion, gentlemen [and lady!]. And certainly 'food for thought. I don't envisage going to the Phils again until at least the middle of 2011 ... after Myrna is due to apply for her ILR in the UK.

But reading this thread set me wondering: As the husband of a Philippine national, would I be exempt from extension fees next time I visit my wife's homeland ... and if so, for how long ... ?

I'll be going to London on Wednesday and because of the distance of traveling, I hope that they would be so kind to sort it out for me there and then..Just one question though and maybe someone can help me on this...My son is now 13months old and I've just got the last??? form to fill in and send back to Nisa..it mentions a "Notary" to sign it..is that someone at the embassy or could a solicitor or someone like that can sign it for me..

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Hmm ... interesting discussion, gentlemen [and lady!]. And certainly 'food for thought. I don't envisage going to the Phils again until at least the middle of 2011 ... after Myrna is due to apply for her ILR in the UK.

But reading this thread set me wondering: As the husband of a Philippine national, would I be exempt from extension fees next time I visit my wife's homeland ... and if so, for how long ... ?
    I think you have effective indefinite rights to stay Arthur but like everything else you have to jump through some bureaucratic hoops and I'm not sure but I think it will still cost something, I'm sure there is info on this subject on the site somewhere?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post

Cant you just get a balikbayan visa/stamp at your port of entry arthur,valid for a year I thinkI drove past T5 earlier this evening Top,all lit up like a christmas tree,enjoy your vacation.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

just a quickie....

i followed Laurel's advice! very simple and straight forward, took me over an hour to get there from home! easy to find if u jump on the bakerloo line to piccadily circus, from there its less than a 10 minute walk although u may get distracted on the way!

The form is quite simple to find and fill in, there are staff that are happy to help, just remember to have some 10p coins on you for the photocopier LOL the machine does not provide change!

i was seen to in under 10 minutes.... but.... because i got there quite late on in the morning, the clerk said the documents will not be ready the same day and i'll have to come back the next day ( they can send by recorded post but i choose not to opt for this just incase my new passport goes awol! prefer to collect just incase!) I don't mind, gives me a chance to finish off the christmas shopping.

So, if u want a same day service then try to get there just after 9am. Bring your passport (with more than 6 months on it) a bank statement with your address, a passport sizes photo (cut to size) a few 10p coins and £22 to pay for the visa fee.

Thread Information