Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Translation

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Translation

Hi all, I'm brand new to this forum and just wondered if a filipino/filipina could help with a translation. My wife is chatting to someone on the internet and it seems to be romantic. I have the chat logs. I really hate doing this but I need to know what's going on. I asked her to stop talking to this person 3 months ago but she's at it again and it's depressing me to hell. I love my wife to bits but I need to know she's with me for the right reasons. I would be very grateful for someones's help in translating her chatlogs. Please anyone?

Banned
    what does it say?

How long have you been married?

Tish

We've been very happily married for 8 years. I discovered these emails 3 mths ago and confronted her. She had been writing to another girl and she admitted having a bi-sexual past. My world fell apart, but we got over it and our marriage became stronger than ever. She promised not to talk to this girl again but earlier tonight I found a chat log she had been having with her - this time it's in tagalog. It might just be friendly chit chat but I need to know. Anyone speak tagalog?

Quote Originally Posted by zamboman View Post
    Hi all, I'm brand new to this forum and just wondered if a filipino/filipina could help with a translation. My wife is chatting to someone on the internet and it seems to be romantic. I have the chat logs. I really hate doing this but I need to know what's going on. I asked her to stop talking to this person 3 months ago but she's at it again and it's depressing me to hell. I love my wife to bits but I need to know she's with me for the right reasons. I would be very grateful for someones's help in translating her chatlogs. Please anyone?
    Welcome, Zamboman. Short of having your "phone tapped" [which WE don't do ... I hasten to add!] it might prove rather difficult. But seriously, anyone willing to undertake the translation process, would first need to know the precise wording of the chatlogs.

Hi Zamboman like to help. I have actually found a website that you can translate from filipino to english and vice versa. Just copy the text and paste then simply press translate and a box apprears with the changed translation.

http://stars21.asia/translator

Hope everything is ok with you and your wife. If you need anymore advice please feel free to ask again.

Ron

Banned
    WE can speak tagalog here. I am pure tagalog
    Where's the chit-chat copy?

Respected Member
    We've been very happily married for 8 years. I discovered these emails 3 mths ago and confronted her. She had been writing to another girl and she admitted having a bi-sexual past. My world fell apart, but we got over it and our marriage became stronger than ever. She promised not to talk to this girl again but earlier tonight I found a chat log she had been having with her - this time it's in tagalog. It might just be friendly chit chat but I need to know. Anyone speak tagalog?
    we can help you translate the chats from tagalog to english
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ron View Post
    Hi Zamboman like to help. I have actually found a website that you can translate from filipino to english and vice versa. Just copy the text and paste then simply press translate and a box apprears with the changed translation.

http://stars21.asia/translator
    Good idea Also to protect your privacy
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"

If you are finding it hard to translate use this link http://www.bohol.ph/diksyunaryo.php
    :Yesterday was history.Tomorrow is a mystery.Today is a gift.This is why it is called"The present!"

Eh, where are those words, yes we all (filipina) speak tagalog

Thats alright, you can type the words here, we dont know you anyway, u no worry bout your privacy

But if your nom-de-plume is Zamboman maybe your wife is from Zamboanga?She speaks Chavacano?The creole spanish of Zambo?Stick up what you want interpreting,I know a few words,I am sure between us we can come up with a decent enough interpretation of her chats

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

We do! lots of filpina here....
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

Quote Originally Posted by ron View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dave63 View Post
    If you are finding it hard to translate use this link http://www.bohol.ph/diksyunaryo.php

Yeah these are great links but then again, what if they are chatting using in a text messaging form? (deleting vowels in a each words, shortcut words, taglish, etc...) wouldnt be that easy IMO...

Thanks and sorry for not getting back sooner. I'd rather not post the chatlog for all to see, I'll send it to some of you by pm.

Thanks and sorry for not getting back sooner. I'd rather not post the chatlog for all to see, I'll send it to some of you by pm.
    Actually how do I do that?! Or can any of you supply an email for me to send it to?

Respected Member
    Yeah, i would have to agree, that's your personal stuff and you're entitled to your own privacy

Well I've tried the translator and it's not working very well, possibly due to the abbreviated writing style as pointed out by jay&zobel. So how can I get the logs to someone? I don't expect a full translation, I just need the gist of the conversation and a translation of anything that should concern me. Many thanks. Btw it's in Tagalog not Chavacano.

post them in this thread.

when you can make more posts,so you can PM others on the forum.

look at the members who have there yahoo addy on there profile.
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Yeah, i would have to agree, that's your personal stuff and you're entitled to your own privacy
    too ... best kept that way!

My wife and I seem to have this sorted out (that's what I thought 3 months ago, but fingers crossed!). I've decided I need to stop digging into this as and just trust her to know her boundaries.

I'm disappointed she can't see my angle on this and respect my feelings though. Am I going mad or shouldn't your wife fancy other women and say fruity stuff with them on the internet? It's the Filipino sense of humour she says. I'll let it run its course and hope she gets bored (or a job) quickly.

Thats not a general pinay sense of humour,I have known one or two pinays in the past,not one of them would consider flirtatious inuendos nor sexual chat to another female whether online,landline,nor face to face

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

sounds a bit dodgy to me to.

zamboman - I really feel for you mate, there is nothing worse than suspecting unfaithfulness. I genuinely wish you can resolve this sooner rather than later.

Have you tried http://www.tagalogtranslator.nl/ It's not a sentence translator but will translate words. Using this you can maybe get a loose flavour or gist for what is being said.

I wish you well my friend

Respected Member
    My wife and I seem to have this sorted out (that's what I thought 3 months ago, but fingers crossed!). I've decided I need to stop digging into this as and just trust her to know her boundaries.

I agree with you on this one

I'm disappointed she can't see my angle on this and respect my feelings though. Am I going mad?
    No, you're not going mad, it's normal to feel upset and disappointed and i hope you talk this through with your wife
    so she will understand more how you feel and where you're coming from.....

Thread Information