Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

finally registered!

Hi, after checking out the site on and off for nearly 4 years and finally getting close to applying for visas - thought I should actually check in and say hi and thanks! I'm british and female - with a filippino husband since May this year.

We met in 2000 when I worked for 6 months in his village...and came home pregnant.... I went back to Uni, he went to college and we tried to pretend that there was nothing more to our relationship then sharing a daughter - although sharing is an over ambitious idea as actually i was single parenting and on 'government funds'! Of course I couldn't stay away, and managed to secure a 'hardship fund' out of college in 2003 -he met his daughter for the first time and we re-established a relationship, which after 6 months back in the UK seemed ridiculous again - in practical terms of distance, no cash, single parenting etc, but I still made it back in 2006 - couldn't stay away and realised what the heart feels can overrule what the head says!

We decided we needed to make a go of it, but he had no chance of getting here on a toursit visa and I wasn't ready to take the marriage plunge over what my head still told me was a mere few happy holiday months over the space of 6 years but eventually I quit my job, pulled our daughter out of school and went over to the philippines in may 2008. I was VERY fortunate to get part-time work and we stayed until July 2009 - it happily went very well (why didn't I listen to my heart sooner - ah the wisdom of hindsight), we are now married and our daughter is happy at home in either country.....but of course now theres the visa issue - i have a job since august and am saving all the documents - in line with all advice from this forum we will wait 6 months to 'gather' before applying..

but I guess that truly this is only the beginning of nail biting worry and of course his adjustment if (or should i say when) he makes it over here!
    so 'hi' and 'thanks'!!!

Hi welcome to the forum.
    Thank you for sharing what you have gone through over the years. I must say leads you back to each other. Your love story is truly inspiring.

Good luck to your future application

Again, my warmest welcome to you here!
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

puts my story in he shade really i feel there will be a happy ending to this one, all the best and welcome to the forum

hi!

whoa,thats love! i wish you all the best and hopefully everythings turns out positively on your side.

again welcome to the forum, though uve been here quite long visiting..but atlast your finally iN!

all the best

sweet

That's a fantastic story, given me a bit of a lift, as I've just returned from the Philippines.

Must be good for your daughter, to have a taste of two different lifestyles, as well.

Glad you've overcome all of the obstacles so far...We all worry about our emotions and the financial side of things, but usually most of us cope, though sometimes we don't know how.

Good on y'a

That was very interesting intro, will (I) will follow your thread, how you get on with the visa and so on..
    Warm welcome here "justchecking"

Welcome in here "Justchecking", what a heart-warming story, wish you good luck and all the best in bringing your hubby to UK, do not let yourself to be put off by obstacles on the course
    Jiri & Maricel

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Hi! I'm a newbie too! That's a nice story and I hope it all works out well for you. Must have been hard bringing up you daughter on your own as well as studying. How did you happen to work over there on the first place?

hiya!welcome aboard

welcome to the forum Just checking..

Thanks for sharing with us you're love story, just read some of the threads in here which might help your preparation for hubby's visa application..

Goodluck and all the best!

Welcome just checking good to have you here.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Banned
    welcome and good luck!

I echo the sentiments already expressed ... what a truly inspiring love story! Like the others, I wish you, your [now] husband and daughter, all the very best with the visa process whenever you decide to apply.

Good to have you 'on board' ... Welcome!

hi and thanks all for the welcome, good to be on the inside!!
    cheers

southeast boy - I was a voluntary expedition leader for a biodiversity project...

Welcome to the forum and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by justchecking View Post
    We're in - we got the spouse visa............................BIG STUPID GRIN

Can't quite believe it - thanks to all the advice and guidance on here, and thanks to those of you who confidently gave advance congrats to my nervous wreck post - now I'm just a grinning wreck.....and my duaghter was bouncing off the walls sceaming 'daddy's coming, daddy's coming'

lots to think about when my grin stops stretching my face - but will look forward to booking flights etc

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

After reading your spouse visa husband granted, was confussed, so now i know your british, ang congratulation, you really deserve to be together, nice happy ending, i love it

Thread Information