I was wondering if any of you British men who have children from a previous marriage would care to give me some advice as I'm at my wits end.
My dad married his wife 8 years ago and now he has terminal cancer with weeks left to live.
Are Filipina women naturally jealous of ANY women that crosses their doorstep? My dad was seriously ill in a hospital intensive care unit for 4 days a few years ago and we only found out by accident when my uncle went to visit dad and found he wasn't there. I'd called dad the previous weekend and he was fine, a week later he was at deaths door and she hadn't even bothered to tell us.

We used to be so close, geographically and dad/daughter but I now live a 4 hour car journey away from dad and used to phone to ask if it was ok to visit. He would make any old excuse and say they were going to see her friends etc etc so I used to get a bit miffed and say it was bad that he couldn't be in on one weekend when we had to travel 4 hours to see them. So I used to just turn up unnannounced and then she would go into the bedroom and not come out until I'd left.

We've been to see dad last weekend as he hasn't got long left to live but can't get any time alone with him, when we talk to him she interrupts all the time so all we hear is her telling us how wonderful she is, how poor people are in the Philippines, how well her nieces are doing in the private school dad pays for and to be honest, my sis and I are just sick of it.

How do you British guys manage to see your kids and does your Filipina wives mind or are they generally good about it? Or do you not bother to see your kids at all?

My son used to stay for weekends at dads at his request, then when she arrived she stopped it overnight and dad went along to keep her happy. So now I've also got a screwed up son who thinks his grandad no longer cares about him and he asked if it is his fault why grandad doesn't want him to make stuff together in his workshop.

Any advice from a Dad's point of view would be gratefully received!