Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Naturalisation Question?

Anyone know what the waiting time for Naturalisation after the form has been sent?

Is it quicker to deliver it in person rather than post?

Is there anyway of getting the passport back quickly?

Thanks,

C

Respected Member
    if you use the nationality checking service which your local council are likely to provide you get to keep your passports. Applications can take anything from a few weeks to a year .

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    if you use the nationality checking service which your local council are likely to provide you get to keep your passports. Applications can take anything from a few weeks to a year .
    I do not live on mainland uk so would have to fly there which would put costs up, is there any other way of holding onto passport as we are hoping to travel to the Philippines in March?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Anyone know what the waiting time for Naturalisation after the form has been sent?

Is it quicker to deliver it in person rather than post?

Is there anyway of getting the passport back quickly?

Thanks,

C
    hi colin,

having been thru the process myself (filed last aug 09), the timeframe was 3 1/2 weeks to 4 weeks from the time i submitted my app form to ncs.

as far as i know you can't deliver it in person, you can have it checked though by NCS http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/br...rvice/#header1 .

if you are concerned about getting your docs back quickly you might as well go thru NCS route as they only need to copy it and give your docs (i.e. passport, life in the uk result etc etc) back as soon as the copied it.

I hope I was able to help. Good luck
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    I do not live on mainland uk so would have to fly there which would put costs up, is there any other way of holding onto passport as we are hoping to travel to the Philippines in March?
    oh i c, i don't know what to advise you really. based from my experience it was quicker to have my docs checked by NCS and like what I said they are not going to take your docs they will just copy it and send it straight to Home Office. Why not ring NCS and have it booked so you could do it that way and not worry about passport? Just a suggestion
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite78 View Post
    oh i c, i don't know what to advise you really. based from my experience it was quicker to have my docs checked by NCS and like what I said they are not going to take your docs they will just copy it and send it straight to Home Office. Why not ring NCS and have it booked so you could do it that way and not worry about passport? Just a suggestion
    Using NCS is not quicker if your application is correct (it's quicker if you've made a mistake as they should pick up your error quicker).

If you can't get to a NCS location (where are you living?) then depending on when you apply you may be lucky and get your passport back or you may be able to request them back.

Wouldn't it be easier to wait?

Thread Information