Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

skype type service for the Philippines

Does anyone know of a skype type service for the Philippines that would give me a local number to ring there? Through skype I have an English phone number that my friends and family can ring me in Germany on, unfortunately the Philippines isn't one of the countries that skype offer this service for.

I can still ring my girlfriend at cheap skype rates, but it would be nice if she could ring me at cheap rates as well.

Banned
    My wife used to use Skype all the time to text me from Phils, and I used to phone her back.
    If you activate a Phils sim card for roaming and take it to Germany, she can text your phone for next to nothing also.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by el capitan View Post
    Does anyone know of a skype type service for the Philippines that would give me a local number to ring there? Through skype I have an English phone number that my friends and family can ring me in Germany on, unfortunately the Philippines isn't one of the countries that skype offer this service for.

I can still ring my girlfriend at cheap skype rates, but it would be nice if she could ring me at cheap rates as well.
    Lots of good info in the bosses thread here for outbound stuff

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=18816

For inbound, the Smart Plug n Talk would do what you want if you buy one for your computer. It gives you a local VOIP number in the Philippines that the locals can dial at local rates, about 7 peso a minute.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=18482

I only used to use mine for txt but I recently configured it for voice but not using it's own microphone instead I use a superior quality proper USB Phone but just tell the P & T to use it instead of the standard mic.

Sound quality is great and it's cheaper than Skype for me to call the family, I think the link to where you can buy one is included in my thread above.

Jim

Thread Information