Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Western union charge or pinoy charge?

I sent just under 50,000 pesos to a mate in Pinas yesterday through western unions "Money in minutes" service,it cost me £40+ to send,at the other side(pinas) the recipient was charged 71 pesos "Document stamp" is that recognised WU practice or another subtle pinoy rip-off tax like the "Pollution-tax" you pay when going over to Boracay?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I sent just under 50,000 pesos to a mate in Pinas yesterday through western unions "Money in minutes" service,it cost me £40+ to send,at the other side(pinas) the recipient was charged 71 pesos "Document stamp" is that recognised WU practice or another subtle pinoy rip-off tax like the "Pollution-tax" you pay when going over to Boracay?
    that's rediculous charge tawi i sent £2k in PI they only charge me £5
    all things are possible!

I've heard about that 0.15% documentary stamp -- but thought they've started charging that for quite a while now.

Pollution tax??? Wow...
    "The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    that's rediculous charge tawi i sent £2k in PI they only charge me £5
    £5 from Western Union?For £2,000?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    No chance

Western Union are little better than thieves in my book.

iKobo are an instant transfer service and are cheaper and more flexible but are still greedy in the way they apply charges for the card.

I hate these companies almost as much as I hate the money lenders

Jim

Sorry to hear that mate... OUCH!!!

Banned
    mate that's a rip off plain and simple.

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    This afternoon I transferred on line £45 in my 'cash card account' in Nationwide. My wife's cousin will get I expect 78 P to the £ , and the total cost nothing.

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    western unions charges goes up depending on how much u send, tawi2 figure seem right, there is no way u can send 2k and only pay a fiver through western union
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by maria_and_matt View Post
    western unions charges goes up depending on how much u send, tawi2 figure seem right, there is no way u can send 2k and only pay a fiver through western union
    true that

It was only money,it needed to be there quick,I wasnt really bothered about the £42 quid charge,I was just surprised they were charged at that end also

Banned
    It was only money,it needed to be there quick,I wasnt really bothered about the £42 quid charge,I was just surprised they were charged at that end also
    they introduced it here about a year and a half ago, but it's like a peso or two on the thousand (or somehthing) . . . although, I've never paid as much as forty quid . . . although, the most I ever sent was 37k quid i think . . . don't know! ambot, hindi ko alam!

at least it got there mate, next time you'll know to send 50075 or so!

Next time is probably next week so 5075 it most probably is

Banned
    Next time is probably next week so 5075 it most probably is
    if you want to send 50k to someone here, I can direct you .....

sounds like you got a GF here?

The money was for a mate,and I sincerely hope HE isnt my girlfriend I think our respective stubble would have a velcro effect when we kissed

Not that I have ever kissed a guy with stubble,nor even one without,its just how I imagined it,not that I ever imagine nor think nor dwell upon or fantasise about kissing a guy Better stop now,I have dug a deep enough hole

Banned
    Not that I have ever kissed a guy with stubble,nor even one without,its just how I imagined it,not that I ever imagine nor think nor dwell upon or fantasise about kissing a guy Better stop now,I have dug a deep enough hole
    talking of holes . . .

Respected Member
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

I tried to send money to the Phils with from my Lloyds TSB account, I was charged 50 pounds and the money somehow did not reach the Phils but was returned to my TSB account with all the charges taken off of course. I can't do much about it here since I am on a ship but they said it was within their right to charge me for a failed transaction, great isn't it, paying for a service that you don't get!

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Sending money can have hidden charges. For example the exchange rate used. One penny difference means £20 on 2K

As a general rule always ask, and maybe get it in writing, what the charges will be.

nope from my remmittance CBN LONDON LTD
    all things are possible!

Respected Member pacificelectric's Avatar
    I believe the receipt in the Phils is filled up by hand, which is a hell of a job.... very bureaucratic country, I could see that when I arrived at NAIA and wanted to change dollars against pesos at the bank just after the customs, they even took a photocopy of my passport!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pacificelectric View Post
    I believe the receipt in the Phils is filled up by hand, which is a hell of a job.... very bureaucratic country, I could see that when I arrived at NAIA and wanted to change dollars against pesos at the bank just after the customs, they even took a photocopy of my passport!
    And they give you a terrible rate at NAIA, only ever change a small amout at NAIA you will have no problem changing money elsewhere.

Jim

Thread Information