Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Naturalisation applications sent off at last.

I've just sent off the naturalisation applications for my wife Louella and daughter Mary Grace today and given them my credit card details to debit the grand total of £1180.00, £720 for Louella's application and £460 for Mary Grace's application. Assuming that all goes well with the applications, then there's only the passports left to pay for at £77.50 for Louella and £49.00 for Mary Grace.......... mind you, I'll bet Louella is going to say that she needs a new dress...... new shoes....... new handbag...... etc..... etc.... before she can attend the citizenship ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    I've just sent off the naturalisation applications for my wife Louella and daughter Mary Grace today and given them my credit card details to debit the grand total of £1180.00, £720 for Louella's application and £460 for Mary Grace's application. Assuming that all goes well with the applications, then there's only the passports left to pay for at £77.50 for Louella and £49.00 for Mary Grace.......... mind you, I'll bet Louella is going to say that she needs a new dress...... new shoes....... new handbag...... etc..... etc.... before she can attend the citizenship ceremony.
    goodluck! thats fine if she ask you a new dress,new shoes,new handbag she deserve it iain lol
    all things are possible!

Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    goodluck! thats fine if she ask you a new dress,new shoes,new handbag she deserve it iain lol
    If she gets just one more dress I'm sure we won't be able to close the wardrobe doors.

Banned
    WOW! that's great news.

Lotsa money you spent.

Who will gonna pay mine?

Goodluck !!!!

Banned
    grand total of £1180.00
    Blimey thats a lot of money.

Elsa had her passport interview today, only took 10 minutes, they asked her loads of questions, name, address, date of birth, parents date of birth, parents shoe size and then some rather obscure questions; how old is the person who countersigned your passport application, who paid for the passport application, how many credit cards or bank accounts, where did you get the application form to apply for the passport, did someone help you fill in the application form (yes, I did!). They seemed quite happy and told her the little red book may take up to 10 days to arrive (thanks to striking Royal Mail ) subject to some final checks.

Once Elsa gets her UK passport in the next few days, we'll have to get her Filipino passport renewed by December (along with the re-aquiring of Filipino citizenship so she becomes a Dual Citizen) that will be a couple of days in London village to arrange.

Goodluck Louella and Mary Grace, soon it will be all over..

Quote Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
    Blimey thats a lot of money.

Elsa had her passport interview today, only took 10 minutes, they asked her loads of questions, name, address, date of birth, parents date of birth, parents shoe size and then some rather obscure questions; how old is the person who countersigned your passport application, who paid for the passport application, how many credit cards or bank accounts, where did you get the application form to apply for the passport, did someone help you fill in the application form (yes, I did!). They seemed quite happy and told her the little red book may take up to 10 days to arrive (thanks to striking Royal Mail ) subject to some final checks.
    are they relevant for the passport application Mod Rob?because I need to make note of that in case though am still long way to go..

Quote Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
    Once Elsa gets her UK passport in the next few days, we'll have to get her Filipino passport renewed by December (along with the re-aquiring of Filipino citizenship so she becomes a Dual Citizen) that will be a couple of days in London village to arrange.
    well done to sis Elsa..she will be a dual citizen soon.. party time..

Goodluck to Louella and Mary Grace...waiting for celebration soon
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Respected Member
    Goodluck to Louella and Mary Grace's application, for sure everything will be OK
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Respected Member
    mind you, I'll bet Louella is going to say that she needs a new dress...... new shoes....... new handbag...... etc..... etc.... before she can attend the citizenship ceremony.
    sounds like me ha ha..Goodlluck , I got the result in three weeks time.
    If it's not life threatening IGNORE it .. .

Respected Member
    At my wife's ceremony they wouldn't let us take photos of the presentation of the certificates so the only option was to pay for the official photos, which of course weren't cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    At my wife's ceremony they wouldn't let us take photos of the presentation of the certificates so the only option was to pay for the official photos, which of course weren't cheap.
    I'm sure that if there is an official photographer available when Louella goes for her ceremony, my little camera won't be nearly good enough to capture this momentous occasion ....... even more money....

I'm sure that if there is an official photographer available when Louella goes for her ceremony, my little camera won't be nearly good enough to capture this momentous occasion ....... even more money....
    good luck iaian, yup another money, paid 7 pounds for my pic taken. let us know the result. i'm sure it's a good one. it is really expensive but my hubby said just imagine we can now travel within europe without having to pay for visas etc etc and no more queue at the immigration. i am now due for my passport interview this coming wednesday mind you you have to pay additional pounds because of the postal strike they said it will take ages for your application to get there
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite78 View Post
    good luck iaian, yup another money, paid 7 pounds for my pic taken. let us know the result. i'm sure it's a good one. it is really expensive but my hubby said just imagine we can now travel within europe without having to pay for visas etc etc and no more queue at the immigration. i am now due for my passport interview this coming wednesday mind you you have to pay additional pounds because of the postal strike they said it will take ages for your application to get there
    That's a bargain, my wife's cost £20 per photo.... Nice little earner for the photographer, captive market and basically everyone bought at least one photo.

Respected Member
    Goodluck to your wife Louella and daughter Mary Grace!

Good luck to both of them!!! and advance CONGRATULATIONS as well!

Goodluck to both.... for sure it will be approved...

Thread Information