Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post

Who on this forum would deny they love a good curry? A good Chinese meal? A good Italian meal? Who likes Reggae music? The vast wealth of "stuff" we get from Multi Culturalism is amazing, with only a few problems arising.
    I got the answer

let the indians and pakistanis come if they'll agree only to work as curry house owners/attendants/cooks

let the italians come if they only make us delicious pizza and pasta

let da jamaican dem come inna da UK only if they'll help us rock out and no more

////

note, this post was a joke, i'm not racist, and i have, in fact, got jamaican family, but I do love pizzas and curry! I can't wait to taste proper curry again

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hubbard View Post
    I got the answer

let the indians and pakistanis come if they'll agree only to work as curry house owners/attendants/cooks

let the italians come if they only make us delicious pizza and pasta

let da jamaican dem come inna da UK only if they'll help us rock out and no more

////

note, this post was a joke, i'm not racist, and i have, in fact, got jamaican family, but I do love pizzas and curry! I can't wait to taste proper curry again

Yeeeaah Moaaan...

Banned

Yeeeaah Moaaan...
    man me na like ya mekin fun of my people, ya know wa me-a say? Me irie!

Man, my uncle james, he trys to speak english, but it's so hard to understand him, when he speaks patois I understand, but I gotta translate for my mom who can't understand him! lol!

My auntie joan couldn't speak english until about 2 or 3 years ago, then suddenly she started speakin to me in English all of a sudden!

I had to ask her where her patois was hiding!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hubbard View Post
    man me na like ya mekin fun of my people, ya know wa me-a say? Me irie!

Man, my uncle james, he trys to speak english, but it's so hard to understand him, when he speaks patois I understand, but I gotta translate for my mom who can't understand him! lol!

My auntie joan couldn't speak english until about 2 or 3 years ago, then suddenly she started speakin to me in English all of a sudden!

I had to ask her where her patois was hiding!
    I grew up with a real liking for Jamaican culture. My school was near a Jamaican cafe and bakery And for a few years as a kid my best friend was Black with the coolest Caribbean name.. Again, the good points of Multi Culturalism...

The original recipe for curry was an english invention,english invented curry powder during the days of the raj,and the worst curries I ever had in my life were in India The best were in London

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    The original recipe for curry was an english invention,english invented curry powder during the days of the raj,and the worst curries I ever had in my life were in India The best were in London
    And yet another example of the benefits of Multi-Culturalism

I dont think we were very multi-cultural during the days of the Raj mate,it was my way or the highway,I read of terrible atrocities commited over there back when we had an empire,still at least we discovered curry Oh,and we nicked the Koh-i-noor

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    I dont think we were very multi-cultural during the days of the Raj mate,it was my way or the highway,I read of terrible atrocities commited over there back when we had an empire,still at least we discovered curry Oh,and we nicked the Koh-i-noor
    Well.. True.. My point being how one culture impacted another to provide a positive result.

A better example would be deep pan Pizza Not quite Italian, not quite American.. But a mix of both!

Well.. True.. My point being how one culture impacted another to provide a positive result.

A better example would be deep pan Pizza Not quite Italian, not quite American.. But a mix of both!
    We gave them curry they gave us a huge diamond

Banned
    And which one made more money for Indian entrepreneurs?

[QUOTE=johncar54;186106]With an estimated 4.2 million practicing RCs in UK that is probably more than practicing C o E, and both are Christian and many Anglican Priest maybe on the point of becoming RC so that's not a potential problem.

[QUOTE]

Technically yes more practicing RC's in the country but unless the Law changed recently they can still not be primeminster or Head of state. Look how big a deal it was about Tony B liar becoming a Roman Catholic the mintue he stepped down.

To quote Wikipedia as im feeling lazy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_C...teenth_century

Although the persecution was not violent as in the past, Catholic numbers, influence and visibility in English society reached their lowest ebb. Their civil rights were severely curtailed: their right to own property or inherit land was greatly limited, they were burdened with special taxes, they could not send their children abroad for Catholic education, they could not vote, and priests were liable to imprisonment.

This was the tradtional Britain to which i belive to say your truely English, Scotish, welsh you would need to trace your way back to 18th century at least.

Watch a Rangers v Celtic Game or Linfield V Derry Plus many other examples where many are not practising their faith but feel the urge to support the side they thing is the right one.

I mean Guy fawkes night is burning the nasty catholic extremist who tried to commit a terroist act.

But the point was if we were to not change and just be "British" one of the main defining points in the past was to be protestant rather than Catholic to be a true Brit.

That means surely about 50 percent of those on here could never be seen as British in some eyes
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Which my afghan mates tell me was nicked from them by the indians

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post

But the point was if we were to not change and just be "British" one of the main defining points in the past was to be protestant rather than Catholic to be a true Brit.
    Just a quick nit pick.. The Church of England was not really a Protestant movement, that was only embraced to further the Political power of the Monochy..

But you are correct in your point!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Which my afghan mates tell me was nicked from them by the indians
    Yeah, I've got an Indian mate who reckons Pizza came from India...

Yeah, I've got an Indian mate who reckons Pizza came from India...
    Maybe the Greks took it there or the Romans

Pasta was from China i think

Banned
    And yet another example of the benefits of Multi-Culturalism
    advantageous for the indians. You're welcome india

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information