Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

Angry You judge this one..

Because I am speechless.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/sou...8315980.stm?ls

I don't really know which would be the correct words to use on this forum to describe my utter disgust, without resorting to foul language.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Because I am speechless.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/sou...8315980.stm?ls

I don't really know which would be the correct words to use on this forum to describe my utter disgust, without resorting to foul language.
    Ditto.

It's disgusting. It shows what a lack of an up-to-date education can do to a society

Gandhi quote “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”

maybe he should have said

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its women are treated”

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

Gandhi quote “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”

Contrary to popular belief, Ghandi was no saint himself....

And that quote was used to ingratiate himself to the brits, as the country has always been recognised, the world over, as a nation of animal/pet lovers....

Contrary to popular belief, Ghandi was no saint himself....

And that quote was used to ingratiate himself to the brits, as the country has always been recognised, the world over, as a nation of animal/pet lovers....
    yes, i treat my dog better than i treat the misses

That happens every weekend outside your house when people go to nightclubs fueled with alcohol. We are no better.
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    That happens every weekend outside your house when people go to nightclubs fueled with alcohol. We are no better.
    What are on about....???

You may be slightly confusing the issues, here....

What are on about....???

You may be slightly confusing the issues, here....
    Am I, they are thrashing someone on the ground for no reason. I've seen that many times in my own country. It is increasing in frequency violence for doing nothing. Looking at someone, walking past in the street. Rudeness, dirty language lack of respect for elders, race, or creed. There is an awful lot of selfishness. Plus there is still sectarianism. But that's a whole new can of worms.
    Excuse me, I sound like an old man

Perhaps you recall the disabled couple who were beaten up when they left their homes and committed suicide

Just an observation on social things in our own backyard.

Banned
    Just an observation on social things in our own backyard.
    Exactly.

You are comparing a phenomenon that has been festering in our streets for the past 10/15 years, due to binge drinking and abject refusal to abide by the laws, to cultural, ingrained behaviour, handed down by past generations, superstitious mumbo jumbo.

i've never seen a woman stripped naked and beaten in the street being called a witch, maybe it happened 500+yrs ago on the street of Manchester
    most mancs have become more civilised since then i hope

Heres something that might interest you. Was not 500 years ago was it?
    Ms Duncan, who lived in Niddrie at the time but travelled the country putting on seances for relatives, was convicted in 1944 under the 1735 Witchcraft Act for "pretending to raise the spirits of the dead". She was sentenced to nine months in Holloway prison.

http://heritage.scotsman.com/myths/T...tch.2822386.jp

http://www.google.co.uk/#q=history+o...d34a9176941fd2

i think the difference is, in the 1500-1700s more people believed in witches and anyone who was a bit different from the norm could have been accused of being a witch, but today i think most people don't believe in witches, but you'll find a few people who are who think they are a witch

Banned
    Heres something that might interest you. Was not 500 years ago was it?
    Ms Duncan, who lived in Niddrie at the time but travelled the country putting on seances for relatives, was convicted in 1944 under the 1735 Witchcraft Act for "pretending to raise the spirits of the dead". She was sentenced to nine months in Holloway prison.

http://heritage.scotsman.com/myths/T...tch.2822386.jp
    Don't you think that we have moved on, since then...???

But even so, the woman was only preying on weak by bereavement people, to extort money.
    It happens everyday.
    But none of those scammers actually advocates to strip women call them witches and beat the living daylights out of them.

Banned
    but you'll find a few people who are who think they are a witch
    They must be mentally challenged, then

Harry Potter for Prime Minister..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no work today dom

i'm off today and tomoz , but i have to look after the kids, my misses is off to London in a couple of hours to take an exam again,, peace at last , i can watch tv and let the kids fight until one of them falls asleep then clean the place up

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7702084.stm

the crime of being a witch was abolished by the 1735 Witchcraft Act.

but more shocking, 400 people in England and 2,000 in Scotland were executed following accusations of witchcraft in the 16th and 17th centuries.

you didn't want to be in Scotland in them days, i tread carefully as there are many scots on here

are the scots more

Banned
    no work today dom

i'm off today and tomoz , but i have to look after the kids, my misses is off to London in a couple of hours to take an exam again,, peace at last , i can watch tv and let the kids fight until one of them falls asleep then clean the place up
    Chelsea game is on TV tonite......

Somehow I don't think beach balls will be allowed anywhere near the "Bridge"....

never seen a woman stripped naked and beaten in the street being called a witchon the streets of Manchester? I thought that was a normal "hen" night in Manchester!

Quote Originally Posted by dave63 View Post
    never seen a woman stripped naked and beaten in the street being called a witchon the streets of Manchester? I thought that was a normal "hen" night in Manchester!
    no their scouser women (scouser baiting still legal here) , we don't do that to our own women

I once saw appaling footage filmed in a market place in Somalia,woman who wanted to leave her husband was stripped naked,beaten,then stoned to death,not every country in the world has the same mindset as we in the UK,its a harsh old world out there though I have to admit I never heard of witchcraft when I was in India but juju was big in africa and there were similar brutally ending stories I remember meeting a guy with an amulet who told me no bullets could harm him,sadly I never got to put his faith to the test

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Off on a slight tangent but still sort of keeping on topic,James if you have time pop into silliman and check if they still have the small anthropological artefact museum,it had a tiny room devoted to pinoy witches and their spells,lots of voodoo type dolls from siquijor,interesting stuff.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    i hate watching things like that! very unhuman!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Off on a slight tangent but still sort of keeping on topic,James if you have time pop into silliman and check if they still have the small anthropological artefact museum,it had a tiny room devoted to pinoy witches and their spells,lots of voodoo type dolls from siquijor,interesting stuff.
    that would be nice tawi, but regretfully, I won't have enough time :(

not close enough to dumaguete!

I would love to visit that though!

Thread Information