Quote Originally Posted by James Hubbard View Post
If you were in the Philippines, I would say that it's normal. Here in the Visayas they call it Olaw and in tagalog they call it Hiya...

Sadly here, we gotta put up with it.

I don't know what his problem is if he's in the UK and he's the guy in the relationship. Don't know.

Filipinos tend to get really shy, even the astig type (the tough guy). It's one of those things that can come off as rude to us Brits. I don't know what to say other than, if it's that, maybe he's very very shy, ... other than that, maybe it's something else, maybe something deeper.

Is everything OK between you and him -- as normal? If so, then it's probably shyness. If not, it's probably something else, deeper.

BTW, i haven't seen you here before, so let me say WELCOME

JimHub,
Hi JimHub
thanks for your reply. My b/f is the life and soul of any party usually! From what I have seen of him in the Philippines and with filipino friends over here. Yes all is ok with us, but it is a sticking point for me I'm afraid! I thought all filipinos were talkative?!
Problem is my sister has seen him laughing and talking ten to the dozen with his friends and was quite hurt he doesnt take any interest in her at all. I would feel the same too. We spent four days in Cornwall with her and he did not say one word to her the whole time!!
Thamks for the welcome.