Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Weather in the UK.

I thought to start this thread because of a conversation we're having in another thread . . .

I have 2 questions for ya.

1) For you Filipinos living in UK, how long did it take you to get used to the UK weather?

2) For all . . . do you Like or Dislike the weather in the UK?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts

I dislike the weather, who wants to put in freezer anyway

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hubbard View Post
    I thought to start this thread because of a conversation we're having in another thread . . .

1) For you Filipinos living in UK, how long did it take you to get used to the UK weather?

I don't know yet how cold the winter gets here, as this coming winter is officially my very first winter experience....
    But other than that, i personally find the uk weather great as i don't feel the discomfort of heat, sweat and humidity
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by September View Post
    I dislike the weather, who wants to put in freezer anyway
    When it comes to that though, we got snow ... and also ... if it's too cold you can always put more clothes on. In hot temperatures, you can remove clothes, but when you come to skin you cannot remove any more, and you get burnt

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    i personally find the uk weather great as i don't feel the discomfort of heat, sweat and humidity
    I feel that same way soph!

As someone said British sweat smells worse than Filipinos! lol!

personally i prefer the variety of the weather here in the long term, i think a constant 35 degrees and the humidity would wear me out

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven View Post
    personally i prefer the variety of the weather here in the long term, i think a constant 35 degrees and the humidity would wear me out
    Ya, here in the Philippines, I like it at about 4pm when it starts to get a bit less furnace-y . . . and yeah, we have 4 seasons very nice

Anyone who can get used to the weather on thier own country will fine, I remember when I was young we go to a lake which is warm, (filipina can help me to locate where is that place somewhere to swim, must be in hot spring or Palawan (I dont know, I forgot) so I saw some shrimps floating red in color ,all of them I said why they are in red, some one told me because the water is warm, so they look like cook already, so everyone can get used to weather, where ever country they/we are.

Banned
    I dislike the weather here, and starting to get a bit peed off with these false predictions of heatwaves each year. Are they just trying to keep our spirits up?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    I dislike the weather here, and starting to get a bit peed off with these false predictions of heatwaves each year. Are they just trying to keep our spirits up?
    Ya, I was looking forward to global warming!

For a direct answer 2- dislike and 1-like, go on keep voting ....

Banned
    For a direct answer 2- dislike and 1-like, go on keep voting ....
    I'm also interested - for those who've been here a while, to find out, how long did it take them to get used to the temps and weather here.

I'm also interested - for those who've been here a while, to find out, how long did it take them to get used to the temps and weather here.
    There is a thread, she been here more than 15 yrs but she said as winter is coming,she is now sounds upset

i was excited in my first winter here
    all things are possible!

Banned

I will simply says, I like UK springs where I can see leaves coming, flower blooms. Winter makes me feel ill, I look like a michelin, I feel I'm carrying heavy loads, can't wear sexy clothes and uncomfortable wearing too much clothes. All trees looks dead, very dull and birds hard to find their food. For my 3 years stay, I don't get used to it yet. Hubby said I need to gain some fats that could help me keep warm. I love to see snow, but hell to touch it. But then there are things and natures that amazes me. The Flora and Fauna, clean surroundings, and landscaped UK. There's really no perfect in this world!

so I saw some shrimps floating red in color ,all of them I said why they are in red, some one told me because the water is warm, so they look like cook already, so everyone can get used to weather, where ever country they/we are.
    I was shocked when I first saw their prawns here. I was at seaport and boat came with boxes of prawns. I asked my husband why the prawns are red? They look like well cooked.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I must be so used to the weather here now, as I find when I'm in Pinas, all I do is complain at how hot it is!

Tish

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    I moved to England this year and the summer was pretty good ! Scotland I am told had a terrible rainy depressing few months

Jim

Respected Member
    Ya, I was looking forward to global warming!
    Sadly mate it doesn't work as advertised, there is a strong possibility that global warming will result in colder winters in the UK and possibly colder summers for the 10 or 15 years :( because of normal cyclical variations.

The world will still be getting warmer but regional expressions of the effect will be complex.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    I was shocked when I first saw their prawns here. I was at seaport and boat came with boxes of prawns. I asked my husband why the prawns are red? They look like well cooked.
    Technically Pen these on your picture aren't prawns - thats langoustines also known as Norway lobster, Dublin-bay prawn or scampi - one of the export articles of Scotland.
    Know a little bit about them as I've spent some nearly 3 years in Scottish west coast near Isle of Skye (Kyle of Lochalsh) handling them (and other creatures) from boats, processing and packing...
    They are very very yummy - especially grilled with garlic butter, mmmmm

Jiri & Maricel

I like the English weather. I may say it is not monotonous . As i am fond of dressing up hence i am looking forward to the change of season. I have accumulated more outfits for each season than my husband. This is my 3rd winter and i now know what to expect. Last year snow only lasted for a week
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Bloody English weather!

Next thing you know is raining cats and dogs, oh dear, isn't it a lovely weather this morning?

And what about the howling gales?
    I better wear a pair of thick wool socks tomorrow, the weather forecast is wet and windy...

'We dance in a circle and suppose, while the secret sits in the middle and knows'

R.F.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    i was excited in my first winter here
    So do i I'm actually looking forward to my first winter here more than dreading about it, lol
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tish View Post
    I must be so used to the weather here now, as I find when I'm in Pinas, all I do is complain at how hot it is!

Tish
    Hi LoLa, how long did it take you to get used to the weather here? Or can you not remember that far back

yay first winter for me tooo...exciting!

Respected Member
    this is my 2nd winter.. came here 31st of january this year. my hubby said i was very lucky to experienced the heavy snow. now that i've seen and experienced it, think that's enough for me
    my son loved it, he's looking forward to it so he can make a snowman in our garden. but me?
    told my husband i wanted to go back in the phils. and then i'll come back here when it's summer. he said i'm crazy

I had a wonderful exprience about british weather .... but i still can't live in uk for whole year im always away when it gets cold .....and comeback when its summer ....oh i loved summer in u.k ..

Quote Originally Posted by angel1231 View Post
    I had a wonderful exprience about british weather .... but i still can't live in uk for whole year im always away when it gets cold .....and comeback when its summer ....oh i loved summer in u.k ..
    why not? I don't remember it saying fly south for the winter on your Visa? Perhaps the citizenship test should be:

How to get to work when the snow comes down lesson 1...
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

I would'nt bother to have english passport or citizen here in this country ..unlike others they just get through anything to get it......why stay in u.k and stuck in u.k's weather where you can spend a few pounds and get the best .
    But guess nothing can bother those who with thier love ones when the weather gets cold, rainy,and windy ...as long as they have each other right?goodluck and well done for those who loved the english weather.

FOREVER eeeeekkk...

I like the "air-conditioned sun" feeling though

i like the english weather nowthan here in pattaya,thailand.too hot!my skin get dry and have a sunburn now

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji&Ma View Post
    Technically Pen these on your picture aren't prawns - thats langoustines also known as Norway lobster, Dublin-bay prawn or scampi - one of the export articles of Scotland.
    Know a little bit about them as I've spent some nearly 3 years in Scottish west coast near Isle of Skye (Kyle of Lochalsh) handling them (and other creatures) from boats, processing and packing...
    They are very very yummy - especially grilled with garlic butter, mmmmm

Your photo of prawn is exactly what in the box. The only difference is yours is singular. But still not sure if langoustines/prawns and most important is, it's superb delicious. Isn't it? I am a crab expert when it comes to getting crab meat from its shell. Most factories here are seafood factory.Baho noh? I always have it free.

Their lobsters are very different. Colourful !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information