Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Need Advice Please On Fiancee Visa and And Marriage

Hi guys,

Not been on here for a little while and really need your help. Back in Feb 2008 I met my fiancee in the Philippines and since then have visited and met her and her family a number of times. I have now proposed some of you helped me with the ring size (thankyou) and now want to go the next step to marry. My intention is to live in the Philipinnes predominantly (At least 6 months) and developing a call centre there. I am not sure what to do next I would like to bring her here to meet my family and marry here as soon as I can. I wil be going back there at the end of the month to do whatever it takes, right now she does not hav a passport but does have ID etc. Help please

Many thanks in anticipation - Dave

So whats the question ? lol you want to stay for 6 months in the phil? you can apply extension visa at Immigration or the time you land to NAIA (philippine airport) Its not that easy to build a call center in PI, you need connection. Make sure a person (connection) whos not gonna cheat you on the future.

Fiancee visa then I have read here loads of thread about fiancee visa (search FIANCEE VISA) it stated thier all the requirements.

About her passport I hope as she is filipina,she know what to do,bring a birth cert. and loads of ID's possible to DFA where ever she near either in Manila,Cebu, if she want to apply passport

Quote Originally Posted by September View Post
    So whats the question ? lol you want to stay for 6 months in the phil? you can apply extension visa at Immigration or the time you land to NAIA (philippine airport) Its not that easy to build a call center in PI, you need connection. Make sure a person (connection) whos not gonna cheat you on the future.

Fiancee visa then I have read here loads of thread about fiancee visa (search FIANCEE VISA) it stated thier all the requirements.

About her passport I hope as she is filipina,she know what to do,bring a birth cert. and loads of ID's possible to DFA where ever she near either in Manila,Cebu, if she want to apply passport
    Many thanks for the reply and advice. Yes my intention (unless someone suggests otherwise) is to live there, and I believe come back to the UK 6 months (I believe) to kep my residency here. I will search on 'Fiancee Visa' like you suggest, as to the call centre yes you are right and I believe I have the right connections (I hope). Yes she is filipina and we will go to Manila (Not sure where or how lol ). Any more advice motre than appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by DavRog View Post
    Hi guys,

Not been on here for a little while and really need your help.
    Welcome back

Back in Feb 2008 I met my fiancee in the Philippines and since then have visited and met her and her family a number of times. I have now proposed some of you helped me with the ring size (thankyou) and now want to go the next step to marry.
    Congratulations on your engagement. As for ring size, since you are always visting her, why don't you go to a mall and buy a ring there as you will find plenty of jewellery shops. She could choose whatever she likes and will surely fit around her finger (plus a lot cheaper I guess).

Where would you like to marry her? In the Philippines or here in the UK?
    If it's in the Philippines, you need to prepare the following:
    1) CNI (Certificate of No Impedement) or Divorce Papers (whichever is applicable)
    2) You also need to decide if it will be a church ceremony (ask for the requirements at her local church: ie. wedding banns, marriage/counselling seminar etc) or a civil ceremony.

If in the UK: (see Fiancee Visa).

My intention is to live in the Philipinnes predominantly (At least 6 months) and developing a call centre there.
    Good luck but not sure about the governing laws regarding foreigners doing businesses in the PI. You need to do a lot of research about this you know, before deciding.

I am not sure what to do next I would like to bring her here to meet my family and marry here as soon as I can. I wil be going back there at the end of the month to do whatever it takes, right now she does not hav a passport but does have ID etc. Help please

Many thanks in anticipation - Dave
    First things first:
    1) She needs to apply for her passport in order to travel abroad.
    2) Decide where would you like to get married
    3) Gather all necessary documents for visa application et al.
    4) Business research
    5) and so on...

hehe Good luck hehe.

Hi guys,

Not been on here for a little while and really need your help. Back in Feb 2008 I met my fiancee in the Philippines and since then have visited and met her and her family a number of times. I have now proposed some of you helped me with the ring size (thankyou) and now want to go the next step to marry.
    - Dave
    Congratulations and I'm sure you could get many advises from here. Welcome back!

Call center advice

I've got a small call center in Davao & from my experience the biggest three problems aren't what people would think. The three biggest problems are:
    1. Finding reliable people who can speak good english
    2. Quality phone lines.
    3. Getting steady, long-term clients in the UK/US/etc

The other problems you can deal with in time & aren't a massive pain - or at least aren't for me. My advice would be - start really small & don't look at getting an office to start off with. This will keep your costs down. Try to find a biggish house and run things from there for now. Get at least two ISPs so one can't destroy your business.

Take a *lot* of time to find professional help. Find 4 or 5 lawyers, accountants etc. Ask them all the same questions. Compare their answers. Ask them questions again, giving them the answers from the other lawyers and accountants. At some stage you'll start to work out that some of them don't know what they are doing, and some of them are trying to con you.
    You can own almost 100% of a call center here - as it's an import-only business.

Find people you can trust. Do not trust anyone closely related to your girl for now - this is good road to ruin. Give people a little bit of a chance to rip you off & see how they respond.

Assume key people who you do trust will betray you.

Don't let that bother you too much. It's just life here in a poor country.

jp

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ultro View Post
    I've got a small call center in Davao & from my experience the biggest three problems aren't what people would think. The three biggest problems are:
    1. Finding reliable people who can speak good english
    2. Quality phone lines.
    3. Getting steady, long-term clients in the UK/US/etc

The other problems you can deal with in time & aren't a massive pain - or at least aren't for me. My advice would be - start really small & don't look at getting an office to start off with. This will keep your costs down. Try to find a biggish house and run things from there for now. Get at least two ISPs so one can't destroy your business.

Take a *lot* of time to find professional help. Find 4 or 5 lawyers, accountants etc. Ask them all the same questions. Compare their answers. Ask them questions again, giving them the answers from the other lawyers and accountants. At some stage you'll start to work out that some of them don't know what they are doing, and some of them are trying to con you.
    You can own almost 100% of a call center here - as it's an import-only business.

Find people you can trust. Do not trust anyone closely related to your girl for now - this is good road to ruin. Give people a little bit of a chance to rip you off & see how they respond.

Assume key people who you do trust will betray you.

Don't let that bother you too much. It's just life here in a poor country.

jp

I think your barking at the wrong tree

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by walesrob View Post

I think your barking at the wrong tree
    He sounded quite well grounded in my opinion

Ownership of a business is tricky without proof of substantial investment i.e. > £60,000 ish.

Foreigner can't "own" a business unless they are bringing in significant investment (special visa is allowed in this case) many use a set of named individuals in the Phils who assign the rights back to the westerner not sure how sensible this is but I know one big company that did this.

If you marry, a small business can be in the wife's name with I think 40% ownership by you? Not sure about that one but I think in that case you are allowed to personally work in the business as well.

Bit of a minefield all round and ultro seems to be talking sense

Jim

Respected Member
    Many thanks for the reply and advice. Yes my intention (unless someone suggests otherwise) is to live there, and I believe come back to the UK 6 months (I believe) to kep my residency here. I will search on 'Fiancee Visa' like you suggest, as to the call centre yes you are right and I believe I have the right connections (I hope). Yes she is filipina and we will go to Manila (Not sure where or how lol ). Any more advice motre than appreciated.
    Be careful with your business when you are not there for 6 months a year, that in my opinion is one of the biggest worries unless you have a trusted westerner watching it when you are not there.

Jim

She might be go to the Jewerly shop and ask her size and let you know after.Anyway for the first philippine passport needs her old ID just to proved that her name are in there genuine pinay and tell here not to laminate it again it will not be acceptable the officer in DFA doubt after and ask for identity new photo passport now is a blue background so the photo shop knows about it.NSO authenticated birth certificate NBI clearance or baptismal she also needs this docs for your marriage licence.All the best
    If you judge people, you have no time to love themAnger and jealousy can no more bear to lose sight of their objects than love.

Thread Information