Hi All,
I'm just trying to help the wife fill in her naturalisation form and she's come to Section 6 (Declaration by Applicant) where there are several tick boxes, sections 6.2 to 6.6.
6.2 to 6.5 are quite straight forward, but 6.6 which says:
"* I declare that although i do not meet all of the statutory requirements for naturalisation I believe that, in view of the following special circumstances, the Home Secretary should treat me as fulfilling those requirements or waive the need in my case to fulfil them."

"* Delete if not applicable"

I just wondered what others have done with this section, I mean, as far as I am concerned my wife does meet all of the statutory requirements for naturalisation so does she just cross out this section completely or should she just leave the box unticked?

In the guidance notes it says that you must tick all of the boxes, but this section is clearly meant for people who don't meet the statutory requirements for naturalisation. My wife is a bit worried about it because she doesn't want get caught out by some jobsworth just because their forms are written in gobbledegook and she's defaced the form.
Cheers,
Iain.