Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

im going to philli to marry

im gong to see if i can get a month of at xmas so i can go over there and marry my women
    is there anything that i will need to know and wat sort of documents should i take

Banned
    my advice is go there 2 months before, as there are papers you will need to be there and get that take quite a while.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swayze View Post
    im gong to see if i can get a month of at xmas so i can go over there and marry my women
    is there anything that i will need to know and wat sort of documents should i take
    Chances are, that if you go over Christmas, you may need longer than a month.....

For civil ceremony...
    CNI, from your registrar.
    Birth certificate
    Passport.

If you marry in church.............
    Apart from the above.
    The list is endless.

http://www.weddingsatwork.com/cultur...lycode01.shtml

but i dont think the company will allow that 2 months can it not be done in 1 month

Banned
    but i dont think the company will allow that 2 months can it not be done in 1 month
    tbh, it's a bad idea then, go there, get all the requirements, then come back to UK, then go back when u get another holiday and marry.

You will be disappointed if you only come for a month tbh

wat is cni registrar

Banned
    certificate of no impediment (to contract marriage)

and, do yourself a favour, don't waste 15 quid to get it in the UK (like i did), because it's invalid here, you need to get it from British embassy in Manila. So if you're not staying in manila, you'll need to go there for the CNI.

You need Cenomars

gosh, it's endless.

I'm glad I got it over with ... endless paperwork and money outlay. Just bring a lot of money and patience

Banned
    wat is cni registrar
    Certificate of No Impediment.

From
    The Registrar of Birth and Marriages

If you are divorced, a valid copy of your Decree Absolute.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hubbard View Post
    certificate of no impediment (to contract marriage)

and, do yourself a favour, don't waste 15 quid to get it in the UK (like i did), because it's invalid here, you need to get it from British embassy in Manila. So if you're not staying in manila, you'll need to go there for the CNI.

You need Cenomars

gosh, it's endless.

I'm glad I got it over with ... endless paperwork and money outlay. Just bring a lot of money and patience
    He needs to waste 15 quid here, coz he needs to validate it at the Embassy anyway...
    So it is easier to post it on the bans here for 21 days, before he leaves, rather than in Manila and waste time accordingly...

He is trying to get married in a month.... Remember...???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    He needs to waste 15 quid here, coz he needs to validate it at the Embassy anyway...
    So it is easier to post it on the bans here for 21 days, before he leaves, rather than in Manila and waste time accordingly...

He is trying to get married in a month.... Remember...???
    I forgot to bring my certificate of waste of 15 quids, left it back in UK, here in Phils, they told me it doesn't matter coz it's inconsequential, I still need to get the same piece of paper (for 5000 pesos) in manila,

yet,

it could just be Negros Oriental?

peace

why is nothing easy it seems to me the only people that can get visa or marry is poeple who dont work and ave plenty of time on there hands lol

what if just moved there and be done with

Banned
    why is nothing easy it seems to me the only people that can get visa or marry is poeple who dont work and ave plenty of time on there hands lol
    In my case, that was true. I gave up my job to come here :( now I gotta go back and get a job

It also costs quite a bit to get married here, ya, less than UK, but the prices that people tell you it costs for marriage here, just double it and you'll do OK.

You're right though, it's a real bummer.

Plus, as is the system in the Philippines, everything is very hierarchical. The constant list of requirements and payments and more payments. Ya, it's the Philippines, where everything is exhaustingly drawn out and unnecessarily lengthly.

You'll need to get her birth certificate authenticated by the NSO, and if there's a mistake on it (as often there is), you'll need to pay to get that rectified. If you- or the officials - make a mistake on paper work, you gotta be prepared to pay twice.

Philippines!

what if i was to go out there do i need visa for lenthy time

Banned
    I did it in less than 3 weeks, as I was prepared.

The only thing that we had to wait for, was the marriage licence, 10 days.

Everything else had been organized by me online, and by my wife doing the legwork with "small" details, like wedding dress, Barongs, Maids dresses, and paying the deposit at the hotel.

Arrived sunday 4th feb, applied for licence on monday the 5th, married on monday 19th, left on the 23d.

Easy.....

You have lots of time to plan ahead, only forget Xmas time.... Try to go in January

Banned
    what if i was to go out there do i need visa for lenthy time
    when you get there, you get a 21 day visa, just renew it on day 20 and you're cool (and so on).

If you did want to stay in the Philippines, take your wife on a holiday to outside the Phils and when you come back get a free Balikbayan visa for a year!

In my case, that was true. I gave up my job to come here :( now I gotta go back and get a job

It also costs quite a bit to get married here, ya, less than UK, but the prices that people tell you it costs for marriage here, just double it and you'll do OK.

You're right though, it's a real bummer.

Plus, as is the system in the Philippines, everything is very hierarchical. The constant list of requirements and payments and more payments. Ya, it's the Philippines, where everything is exhaustingly drawn out and unnecessarily lengthly.

You'll need to get her birth certificate authenticated by the NSO, and if there's a mistake on it (as often there is), you'll need to pay to get that rectified. If you- or the officials - make a mistake on paper work, you gotta be prepared to pay twice.

Philippines!
    yea only in the philipines lots of hassle

renew it were manila she lives in cebu

when you get there, you get a 21 day visa, just renew it on day 20 and you're cool (and so on).

If you did want to stay in the Philippines, take your wife on a holiday to outside the Phils and when you come back get a free Balikbayan visa for a year!
    See if you get married in PHIL, do they still do that sexual counselling marriage interview stuff at the churches to see if you are a compatible couple.
    See what i mean here:

In the town where you wish to marry, you must attend at the Local Rural Health Unit, you must attend for Pre-Marriage Guidance and Sexual Health Counselling

This does seem of course to be an absolute Joke in this day and age, since no doubt, many of you sponsors are on either your 2nd marriage, or more importantly are well along in years, however, it is a requirement for you to obtain a marriage licence, so you cannot side step it, some people attempt to get around it by paying for the certificate to be obtained without sitting in on the pre-marriage counselling, that is of course entirely up to you, if you are able to pay an 'express' fee to avoid the counselling, good for you, its worth it.

Here is pete and gina site http://www.british-filipino.com/How%20to%20Marry.html
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    See if you get married in PHIL, do they still do that sexual counselling marriage interview stuff at the churches to see if you are a compatible couple.
    See what i mean here:

In the town where you wish to marry, you must attend at the Local Rural Health Unit, you must attend for Pre-Marriage Guidance and Sexual Health Counselling

This does seem of course to be an absolute Joke in this day and age, since no doubt, many of you sponsors are on either your 2nd marriage, or more importantly are well along in years, however, it is a requirement for you to obtain a marriage licence, so you cannot side step it, some people attempt to get around it by paying for the certificate to be obtained without sitting in on the pre-marriage counselling, that is of course entirely up to you, if you are able to pay an 'express' fee to avoid the counselling, good for you, its worth it.

Here is pete and gina site http://www.british-filipino.com/How%20to%20Marry.html
    THEN you must also undergo the pre marriage seminar which is an 8 hour snooze fest in the local language delivered patronizingly sponsored by the government.

i really dont think im not smart enough for all this the visa application was a mind blower

Banned
    i really dont think im not smart enough for all this the visa application was a mind blower
    your fiancee will be able to find out everything there ...

Banned
    renew it were manila she lives in cebu
    Cebu Bureau of Immigration. Just get into a taxi and tell them where you want to go, and it's in Mactan!

im thinking it may be best to leave it till later on in the next year and stay there for a while or for good

we had enough arguments who filled in visa form this will start another fude

Banned
    im thinking it may be best to leave it till later on in the next year and stay there for a while or for good
    that way would be beneficial in that you can get to adjust to married life together right away, without you having to run back here.

Just so long as you're financially prepared. 500 quid a month is good to live a moderately comfy life here.

Banned
    we had enough arguments who filled in visa form this will start another fude
    you don't want feuds.

if you have problems with technicalities talk to

-Peterginab
    -Aromulus
    -Joebloggs
    -Somebody

I'll do my best from my experience to help, but I made a lot of mistakes in the process of getting married here.

Those 4 above know all there is to know between them to stop any feuds from happening.

peace

my word i dident spend a 100 pound a week wen i visited there
    and i went to the chocolate hills aswell

Banned
    my word i dident spend a 100 pound a week wen i visited there
    but living here is another matter, although, I guess it depends on what quality of life you want. Just breathe, read the other few messages I put for you here....

100 a week is 400 quid, alth0ugh, the pound is about 74 peso right now ... looking bad ... My budget for the last year was about 450 per month, definitely overshot.

i was lucky managed to get married within the 21 days, no mention of counselling when i got the licence. couldnt get a judge to marry us in time so day before we had wedding party arranged we found us a friendly pastor and i changed my religion to baptist for the day,wedding ceremony next morning

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information