Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home sickness

Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post
    Hello all,
    Some will remember that my wife Jennifer arrived in the UK last Tuesday the 29th September.
    She is very homesick, she has a close family at home in Cagayan De Oro City, and is thinking of going home.
    Jennifer does have a computer at our home on the Isle of Wight, and we did buy a laptop to leave at the family home, but this is not yet online.
    She has been in contact with her family via Skype and yahoo messenger with her sister going to an internet café.
    She has made friends with the Filipina widow of the British man who died a few weeks ago, but she will be returning to Cebue as soon as her pension paperwork is completed.

I am retired so am not going to work and leaving her own her own.
    We had been apart for 16 months since our wedding on 8th April 2008 until this week.
    I realise it may take time for us to get close again.
    How can I best help her?
    Mick.
    hi mick
    dont worry she is not alone,i am the same also when i first come here,no family,my son i him verry much,all my friend,untill i got work here,make lots of friends meet lots of pilipina friends and now im injoying?dont want go home now.
    i like here verry much, just give her more time,

Quote Originally Posted by jane2009 View Post
    Hi Mick,
    thats normal for all pinay get homesick when they arrived in a new country...and you are the stage of adjusment but everything will be fine...
    Anyway! we are not very far, we just moved here in gosport a month ago maybe we could met each other i came from davao city so your wife and me could speak bisaya..heheheh...just pm me if she want somebody to talk with..i will give my email add...keep in touch...
    Hi Jane2009,
    I tried to send you a private message with my email address in but it seems you cannot yet recive private messages.
    I will try and contact a moderator and ask if they will kindly pass my email address to you.
    Many thanks for helping.
    Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Hi mick, i think the best thing you can do is be more understanding and have more patience.....which i know you are already doing,
    as she will have some moments of depression from time to time or may get in some moods at times........
    But you don't need to do so much really, its enough that she feels you empathize with her
    and she knows you understand exactly what she feels and what she's going through.....
    Its a normal phase every filipinas go through i suppose, it's a major transition,
    adjusting from single to married life and in particular adjusting from life back home to new life here.....2 major changes at once.....
    And people have different ways of coping and adjusting to change, some can do it quite faster and easier while some struggle a bit harder.....
    What's important is to be supportive to her all the way until she gets adjusted well being here and being apart from her family back home......
    And maybe you can let her join the forum, she will enjoy it here specially with many filipinas around to talk to and have fun with....
    real true ms sophie!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemallorca View Post
    Ay the filipino answer to everything ,, A baby...This is what has got the philippines in a huge mess... A baby does not solve homesickness problems, in fact when you have one, you need your family around you even more.. I cant believe that you said this ....

Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post
    Hello all,
    Some will remember that my wife Jennifer arrived in the UK last Tuesday the 29th September.
    She is very homesick, she has a close family at home in Cagayan De Oro City, and is thinking of going home.
    Jennifer does have a computer at our home on the Isle of Wight, and we did buy a laptop to leave at the family home, but this is not yet online.
    She has been in contact with her family via Skype and yahoo messenger with her sister going to an internet café.
    She has made friends with the Filipina widow of the British man who died a few weeks ago, but she will be returning to Cebue as soon as her pension paperwork is completed.

I am retired so am not going to work and leaving her own her own.
    We had been apart for 16 months since our wedding on 8th April 2008 until this week.
    I realise it may take time for us to get close again.
    How can I best help her?
    Mick.

for sure if she starts working it hepls to cure homesickness specially when she started meeting people and making friends etc specially when she started earning money hahaha and you are the one starting to miss her don't let her work on a night shift lol

Shopping and work can be cures for homesickness. Yesterday I was told by a girl from Topshop at Oxford Street that I go there a lot. I like going there, it distracts me from how much I miss my family and friends.

At least she's got you. It's even harder when you're by yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information