Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: BaD Week

BaD Week

I'm so !!
    Here at work now, taking my break after having a very bad start
    Night at work. For sure u would hardly believe what I'm gonna share why I'm so ! I've been working in this nursing home for 7 or 8 mons now. There are some things that are really not right like not enough no of staff, in some worst day We suffers from short staff! That we have to do the job of the missing carer. Others are not following some health and safety, the using of old manual hoist! And Some are deffective! But I could live with that, this is not a perfect world anyway but tonight is really terrible!! Imagine, this is happening since Sunday. I can't believe that they haven't done any actions upto today! As of now we only have 10pairs of gloves. Which was only given by one of the day staff. ( which is his own gloves came from his own pocket!) we are 3carers At night and we have 39 residents to be checked every 2 hrs it will include changing their pads and if they messed up of cors we need to clean it. Plus we still have to give hygiene to 4residents later in the morning! And we only have 10pairs of gloves! Well Just use ur imagination how wer gonna do that!

Buy some bleach.
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

is this a pvt nursing home? an ex of mine used to work as a carer in one and it sounds just the same,less concern about the residents or staff and more about profit.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven View Post
    is this a pvt nursing home? an ex of mine used to work as a carer in one and it sounds just the same,less concern about the residents or staff and more about profit.
    Not pvt. And ur ex is right! They don't care much to us.

Quote Originally Posted by jguanlao View Post
    Not pvt. And ur ex is right! They don't care much to us.
    Depends where you work, just change homes, not that difficult these days once you've had experience in one. Always plenty of jobs in the care industry as English folk don't like cleaning ass
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

good advice as win says there are plenty of homes looking for people like you. have you tried ganging up on your supervisor to air your problems? if that doesnt work send an anonymous letter to your local authority in charge of the home or better still join a union

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Depends where you work, just change homes, not that difficult these days once you've had experience in one. Always plenty of jobs in the care industry as English folk don't like cleaning ass
    your right about finding another care home, my moms in a decent one, and there are many english folk working in it :rolleyes

Thread Information