Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Sending passport Philippines help

Hi everyone

My wife tells me that i need to send my passport to her in Philippines as it will be required as ORIGINAL for the C2 Application form. I checked with DHL but they say Passports cannot be sent? Any help would be apreciated

Ron

Its actually illegal to send your passport to another country, what I had to do for my fiancee visa application was get my lawyer here in the uk to photocopy the main details page and any pages with and exit and entry stamps and get them to sign and verify there true copies, might cost you £5 or £10 but worth it.

Hope this helps.

Carl.

Thanks Carl i will do that .

i thought it was...

but from http://ukinlatvia.fco.gov.uk/en/pass...passports-move

Is it illegal to send a passport across borders?

Not at all. Sending passports across borders is standard practice elsewhere - a large number of our passport issuing posts process applications from neighbouring countries. This practice is also common in other countries: Australia, Canada, the USA and most of our EU partners process passports across country borders. For example, all US passport applications overseas are sent back to the USA. The latest passport application form no longer sates that "you must be in the country where this application is being made".

anyway i wouldn't incase it got lost. you should be ok with a copy certifed by a solicitor

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i thought it was...

Not at all. Sending passports across borders is standard practice elsewhere - a large number of our passport issuing posts process applications from neighbouring countries. This practice is also common in other countries: Australia, Canada, the USA and most of our EU partners process passports across country borders. For example, all US passport applications overseas are sent back to the USA. The latest passport application form no longer sates that "you must be in the country where this application is being made".

anyway i wouldn't incase it got lost. you should be ok with a copy certifed by a solicitor
    Is a colour photocopy acceptable? Who certifies the solicitor? I got my justice of the peace to certify my copy.
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i thought it was...

Ah sorry if I was wrong on that I was told that I wasn't allowed to send my passport as its illegal, I wouldnt want to risk it anyway and got mine certified by my solicitor.

Quote Originally Posted by smiler78 View Post
    Ah sorry if I was wrong on that I was told that I wasn't allowed to send my passport as its illegal, I wouldnt want to risk it anyway and got mine certified by my solicitor.
    i thought it was to, but its from a gov website, it is in latvia thou, lots of fake old eastern block country passports about

you cant send your original passport. it doesnt really matter if it is colored or black or white as long as you have it authenticated by a solicitor.

Its actually illegal to send your passport to another country, what I had to do for my fiancee visa application was get my lawyer here in the uk to photocopy the main details page and any pages with and exit and entry stamps and get them to sign and verify there true copies, might cost you £5 or £10 but worth it.

Hope this helps.

Carl.
    agree! but you need a solicitor to sign it as a true copies cost you 80 to over 100 pounds but depend on the solicitor.
    all things are possible!

Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    agree! but you need a solicitor to sign it as a true copies cost you 80 to over 100 pounds but depend on the solicitor.
    Can the postoffice help?

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...iaId=105000818

Or if its easier can the Phillipines UK Embassy or one of their Consuls assit?

Solicitors fee's vary and if you are lucky/unlucky to have to use one regularly for some reason they may assit for free

Also just a thought if the copies were sent to Phill and then notraised by a Attonery do you happen to know any?

Not that the Wife and I thought of it at the time but we have Friends of the family who could have signed and would have either been happy to do for free or for a far smaller fee than in the UK..
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    My Solicitor charged me just £10 to sign it as a true copy and I would only ever send something important through DHL and they get things there in under 4 days.

My Solicitor charged me just £10 to sign it as a true copy and I would only ever send something important through DHL and they get things there in under 4 days.
    you be lucky my husband asked 3 solicitors if how much the cost to sign a true copy £80 to over £100.
    all things are possible!

Hi there! I sent an email to VFS Helpline UK VAC asking if the copy of the sponsor's passport needs to be certified by a solicitor, and here's the info I got:

1. scanned copies of your sponsor’s passport are acceptable.
    2. You do not require a solicitor to certify this document.

hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by AyinX View Post
    Hi there! I sent an email to VFS Helpline UK VAC asking if the copy of the sponsor's passport needs to be certified by a solicitor, and here's the info I got:

1. scanned copies of your sponsor’s passport are acceptable.
    2. You do not require a solicitor to certify this document.

hope that helps!
    Thats what they told me almost 3 years ago when I asked the very same question.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Thats what they told me almost 3 years ago when I asked the very same question.
    I never got my Passport signed and it was a worry at the time.

But good to hear it offcially
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Thanks for all the info. i didnt get my passport copy signed as true copy . Hope the VFS will be ok about this. I will enlose a covering letter to say that my original passport is with the embassy as we are applying for our sons british passport on 14th October. My wife also goes for her Spouse visa on 30th october. 2 weeks to go and all is calm.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ron View Post
    Thanks for all the info. i didnt get my passport copy signed as true copy . Hope the VFS will be ok about this. I will enlose a covering letter to say that my original passport is with the embassy as we are applying for our sons british passport on 14th October. My wife also goes for her Spouse visa on 30th october. 2 weeks to go and all is calm.
    hello ron..do you mean you send you orig passport to the PH..thought scanned or photcopy is alright bit confuse lol..as we will be doing as you do apply for spouse visa and kids passport

i did find that DHL wont allow passports to be sent overseas. I tryed FEDEX and was no problem sending the orginal passport. It was good that i could track it from UK. FRANCE, china and then arriving Manila. After that there was no tracking and eventually arrived in Davao after 5 days/

wE had to present my original passport at the embassy for our sons passport. They say 10 days to process for is passport and registration.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by ron View Post
    i did find that DHL wont allow passports to be sent overseas. I tryed FEDEX and was no problem sending the orginal passport. It was good that i could track it from UK. FRANCE, china and then arriving Manila. After that there was no tracking and eventually arrived in Davao after 5 days/

wE had to present my original passport at the embassy for our sons passport. They say 10 days to process for is passport and registration.

Ron
    china
    i wonder how many rons there are now in china

your slowly getting there sons passport then your misses visa

Thread Information