Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Question authorisation of uk marriage certificate

Hi
    My wife in Manila now has her spouse visa (yay) but she cant leave country without getting this seminar process over with so as to get the CFO sticker on passport - and one of their conditions is that they want foreign marriage certificates to be "authenticated?"
    Ours wasnt certified by their embassy in UK so its too late for that - (we married 4 days before her return) and she is now trapped in Manila.

Help - what do we do pls? - probably something based at the NSO? Any idea of costs/delays
    Thanks for any help with this our last (pls pls) problem

Paul

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendelsohn View Post
    Hi
    My wife in Manila now has her spouse visa (yay) but she cant leave country without getting this seminar process over with so as to get the CFO sticker on passport - and one of their conditions is that they want foreign marriage certificates to be "authenticated?"
    Ours wasnt certified by their embassy in UK so its too late for that - (we married 4 days before her return) and she is now trapped in Manila.

Help - what do we do pls? - probably something based at the NSO? Any idea of costs/delays

Paul
    You say she has her Spouse visa already so, one would presume all checks have been carried out by the UK embassy.
    Her visa was issued on the strength of your UK marriage certificate.
    Just get her to take the certificate and pics of your wedding day and hope for the best.
    Seminars are daily, you just turn up at 0900hrs no appointment required, I'm up to speed on this, my wife has just this week got her's

You got nothing to lose by trying

The main thing is, is you have your visa so, don't worry!

Good Luck

Hi

Paul
    You mean the Authenticated NSO marriage certificate? Yes, the CFO will require authenticated. Your wife need to follow up at the NSO or municipality where the marriage endorsed. Usually authenticated marriage cert. will take 3 months, you can apply advance endorsement. hope this will help.

Banned
    the marriage was in the UK so how on earth can the NSO certify it?

On this thread he states it's a spouse visa, on a previous thread, he stated it was a settlement visa??

He states his wife already has spouse visa issued.

Goodness me! Just go turn up at 0830hrs at CFO seminar like others have said and don't read too much into things here..it's not the Gospel

You sleep now and stop worrying!!

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    the marriage was in the UK so how on earth can the NSO certify it?

On this thread he states it's a spouse visa, on a previous thread, he stated it was a settlement visa??

He states his wife already has spouse visa issued.

Goodness me! Just go turn up at 0830hrs at CFO seminar like others have said and don't read too much into things here..it's not the Gospel

You sleep now and stop worrying!!
    right Gwapito, sorry I misunderstood! But he needs to register their marriage at the Phil Embassy in UK( if marriage take place outside Phil.) so it will be recorded at the NSO.

ty guys - much appreciated - no sleep here yet & over in Manila a very upset wife needing direction. Will let u know how things go

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishbride View Post
    right Gwapito, sorry I misunderstood! But he needs to register their marriage at the Phil Embassy in UK( if marriage take place outside Phil.) so it will be recorded at the NSO.
    Sorry scottishbride I didn't mean to offend you!!! so so sorry

Like me here in the UK..I too, have registered o Philippine marriage with the FCO in London.

From how I understand it, it's not a legal requirement here in UK but, it gives comfort to both of us

Congrzz on your visa..you have given Jane and I hope with our forthcoming application this October. I will be staying there for a month so, hopefully I will be taking her back with me.

Good luck in the UK and your marriage

Banned
    ty guys - much appreciated - no sleep here yet & over in Manila a very upset wife needing direction. Will let u know how things go
    Don't worry Paul, all will be well

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Mendelsohn:

Just one point on the 'Seminar.'

Tell your wife, if they ask a question about you or your family, which she does not know the answer to, just remember, they do not know the answer either! So 'any' answer will do.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    Mendelsohn:

Tell your wife, if they ask a question about you or your family, which she does not know the answer to, just remember, they do not know the answer either! So 'any' answer will do.

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Sorry scottishbride I didn't mean to offend you!!! so so sorry

Like me here in the UK..I too, have registered o Philippine marriage with the FCO in London.

From how I understand it, it's not a legal requirement here in UK but, it gives comfort to both of us

Congrzz on your visa..you have given Jane and I hope with our forthcoming application this October. I will be staying there for a month so, hopefully I will be taking her back with me.

Good luck in the UK and your marriage
    Apology accepted! Goodluck on your application gwapito, for sure you will be the next happy couple!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishbride View Post
    Apology accepted! Goodluck on your application gwapito, for sure you will be the next happy couple!!!
    Thank you scottishbride,

It won't be for the lack of prayer from both Jane and I.

Mendelsohn:

Very true, they don't know the answers to the questions they are asking, but they can be bloody awkward about giving an attendace slip (needed to get the passport sticker) if she doesn't know the answers. If she doesn't know the answer to any of the questions they ask, tell her just to make up the answers as she goes along.
    Iain.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Very true, they don't know the answers to the questions they are asking, but they can be bloody awkward about giving an attendace slip (needed to get the passport sticker) if she doesn't know the answers. If she doesn't know the answer to any of the questions they ask, tell her just to make up the answers as she goes along.
    Iain.
    what I know from my Maricel ladies in there can be pretty nosey and it is none of their business
    Jiri & Maricel

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    They seem to forget the service was set up to protect citizens who were going abroad by informing them of potential problems and their rights in their 'new' country. Instead it seems those who ask the questions are jealous and are just difficult for the sake of it

They seem to forget the service was set up to protect citizens who were going abroad by informing them of potential problems and their rights in their 'new' country. Instead it seems those who ask the questions are jealous and are just difficult for the sake of it
    That's exactly what I think.

Respected Member
    If it's not life threatening IGNORE it .. .

Ty all for wishes, prayers and advice
    A chaotic queue and entry to the seminar place - dont know what the 5 day appointment schedule on their webpage was supposed to be about - but she managed it by being there early and got the sticker - so we should be ok for getting her here this week on her 21st birthday. Phew.

A chaotic queue and entry to the seminar place - dont know what the 5 day appointment schedule on their webpage was supposed to be about - but she managed it by being there early and got the sticker - so we should be ok for getting her here this week on her 21st birthday. Phew.
    Great - glad to hear that
    Good luck to you both
    Jiri & Maricel

I've just been reading about the fraught tension you and your wife have been undergoing these past few days ... at the very time you should've been at your happiest, too! Thankfully, it's all behind you now.

I wish your good lady a safe journey, and have much pleasure in extending a warm welcome to the forum, Paul.

Thread Information