Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Queen Mother!!!

Queen Mother!!!

She's just released a book!

Next we'll have Princess Di bringing out a range of frankincense!
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Respected Member
    Our royal family would probably pimp her corpse out to necrophyliacs to fund their lavish spending. They're pretty pointless and disgusting really

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt7 View Post
    Our royal family would probably pimp her corpse out to necrophyliacs to fund their lavish spending. They're pretty pointless and disgusting really

IMHO A pretty puerile, pointless and disgusting comment

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Behave yourself

Banned
    One of the very few real British "Enterprises" that actually bring in real tangible income into this Godforsaken country, for, comparatively, very little cost, is ungratefully slagged off and insulted...

Off with thy head....

I share the feeling...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    One of the very few real British "Enterprises" that actually bring in real tangible income into this Godforsaken country, for, comparatively, very little cost, is ungratefully slagged off and insulted...

Off with thy head....

I share the feeling...
    I'm not getting into an argument with an obvious loyalist and a guy who just doesn't like me. The only benefit they have is a bit of tourism, but that's debatable since I doubt many people come to England purely for the monarchy, its just one of several things. People don't just go to Rome for the Coliseum, or Paris for the Eiffel tower. I despise them for spending our taxes on private jets, elaborate parties, personal bodyguards to people 20 places away from the throne. Its an utter disgrace

It was clearly a joke, I have a dry sense of humour and said it to prove a point....people really need to lighten up

Oh and dedworth, looking at some of your older posts in the sports forum especially, I wouldn't band the term "purile" about too regularly

Banned
    I'm not getting into an argument with an obvious loyalist and a guy who just doesn't like me.

Loyalist... Me...??? I am not a Brit....

Not liking you...????

Cannot see where that one comes from....

i always liked the queen mom and releasing a book after shes been dead for a while,i give her credit for that
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post

Loyalist... Me...??? I am not a Brit....

Not liking you...????

Cannot see where that one comes from....
    You're not a Brit? Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

Your location says you live in Wales, if you've ever paid taxes in the UK (which i'm assuming you have), then you've directly contributed to their private jets, bodyguards, mansions, etc. Does it not infuriate you that part of your hard earned cash is going to Prince Andrew and his family? Do Japanese tourists say to themselves...."wow, I'd really love to go to the UK to see Prince Andrew" ?

I will say, fair play to William and Harry...they seem decent. But the Queens kids are just a bunch of freeloading sponges.

dedworth doesn't like me Its ok, some people don't like my sense of humour and bluntness, and you can't be friends with everybody

this is what i will be thinking about ur next thread

Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

Banned
    I'm not getting into an argument with an obvious loyalist and a guy who just doesn't like me. The only benefit they have is a bit of tourism, but that's debatable since I doubt many people come to England purely for the monarchy, its just one of several things. People don't just go to Rome for the Coliseum, or Paris for the Eiffel tower. I despise them for spending our taxes on private jets, elaborate parties, personal bodyguards to people 20 places away from the throne. Its an utter disgrace

It was clearly a joke, I have a dry sense of humour and said it to prove a point....people really need to lighten up

Oh and dedworth, looking at some of your older posts in the sports forum especially, I wouldn't band the term "purile" about too regularly
    So conjuring up some bizarre deviant behaviour and aligning it to the Royal Family is a dry sense of humour joke ?

I'm no great Royalist but your vocabulary of disgrace, disgust, despise smacks of deep pathological hatred. I'd rather the fiver a year or whatever of my taxes that go to the Royals than the untold zillions this corrupt excuse of a government lavish on themselves, asylum seekers, law breakers, consultants, political advisors, spin merchants to name but a few

Peoples Democracies are thankfully few and far between nowadays but maybe emigrating to Cuba or North Korea might satisfy your Power to The People urges

Respected Member
    So conjuring up some bizarre deviant behaviour and aligning it to the Royal Family is a dry sense of humour joke ?

I'm no great Royalist but your vocabulary of disgrace, disgust, despise smacks of deep pathological hatred. I'd rather the fiver a year or whatever of my taxes that go to the Royals than the untold zillions this corrupt excuse of a government lavish on themselves, asylum seekers, law breakers, consultants, political advisors, spin merchants to name but a few

Peoples Democracies are thankfully few and far between nowadays but maybe emigrating to Cuba or North Korea might satisfy your Power to The People urges
    Peoples democracies? You seem a little confused as to who actually runs the country

The queen has ONE power, to dissolve government

The government has every other single power to do anything else

I hate the monarchy, you clearly hate the government

I think you're the one who needs a peoples democracy

Banned
    Italian.....

Your location says you live in Wales, if you've ever paid taxes in the UK (which i'm assuming you have), then you've directly contributed to their private jets, bodyguards, mansions, etc. Does it not infuriate you that part of your hard earned cash is going to Prince Andrew and his family?
    No

Do Japanese tourists say to themselves...."wow, I'd really love to go to the UK to see Prince Andrew" ?
    The Royal Family in general and all the pomp that goes with it.

I will say, fair play to William and Harry...they seem decent. But the Queens kids are just a bunch of freeloading sponges.
    Nothing different from any other person on the high street. In their shoes you would behave exactly the same.

dedworth doesn't like me Its ok, some people don't like my sense of humour and bluntness, and you can't be friends with everybody
    On this I have nothing to comment on, and if there is some animosity between the both of you, it would be nice if you could resolve it privately, and not on the open forums.

Respected Member
    I doubt we'll agree on this. I have my opinions and you have yours, and until I get some good reasons apart from a bit of tourism for the city of London, I'm not going to change my mind. I just think too many of them associated with the monarchy live the life of riley. Politicians are rightly being called up about them taking advantage of public money, its about time the monarchy were too.

Banned
    There's far greater drains on our economy than the royals, hardly worth getting upset about

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    There's far greater drains on our economy than the royals, hardly worth getting upset about
    The worst part is I wasn't even upset about them until people waded in

Banned
    The worst part is I wasn't even upset about them until people waded in
    Post 1 on this thread informed us about the Queen Mother book

Post 2 on this thread Matt7 "They're pretty pointless and disgusting really"

Your location says you live in Wales, if you've ever paid taxes in the UK (which i'm assuming you have), then you've directly contributed to their private jets, bodyguards, mansions, etc. Does it not infuriate you that part of your hard earned cash is going to Prince Andrew and his family? Do Japanese tourists say to themselves...."wow, I'd really love to go to the UK to see Prince Andrew" ?

Just shows you how pathetic some people can be, happily fill the car up with petrol giving Gordon about 70% tax, and yet begrudges paying less than Ł1 a year to support something we are renowned around the world for, with the majority of countries being jealous.

The Royal Family dealings do not just bring in ŁMillions to this country in revenue, but such things as Knighthoods to folk who run companies help busineses get new contracts bringing in more ŁMillions.

Your a worst economist than Gordon Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    begrudges paying less than Ł1 a year to support something we are renowned around the world for, with the majority of countries being jealous.

The Royal Family dealings do not just bring in ŁMillions to this country in revenue, but such things as Knighthoods to folk who run companies help busineses get new contracts bringing in more ŁMillions.
    just a pound a year? isnt that a pound from everyone

considering we give them a millionares lifestyle,its only proper that they do something in return.

how many companies have been run by knighted folk and ended up being cocked up,me thinks appointing them isnt such a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    how many companies have been run by knighted folk and ended up being cocked up,me thinks appointing them isnt such a good idea
    They'll be the ones selected by the government, they are allowed to include a % of selections, for purposes of bribery....allegedly

Respected Member
    Because of their blood line, they live in a goldfish bowl, 24 x 7, our Queen has worked unfailingly for this country for 56 years or more, she deserves respect, Charles has worked extremely hard as well, Andrew fought in the Falklands and put his life on the line, Charles' kids are trying their best to earn the respect of the people but they are little more than kids and make mistakes in life.

Envy them? I pity them, the average punter in the street gets more privicy and life than a royal.

Yes the more remote royals get a reasonable amount of privicy these days and yes they are mostly pretty well off but so what, there are a lot of well off people in the UK that have better lives!

Jim

Banned
    our Queen has worked unfailingly for this country for 56 years or more, she deserves respect
    Some of the things that are said about our royal family are disgraceful I think, media stuff, on comedy shows, turning them into a soap opera. In a country like Thailand comments like matts would get you in a lot of trouble. I remember a swiss guy there on the kings birthday sprayed painted a picture of the king, because he was angry that alcohol was banned on that day. He was caught on cctv and sentenced to 10 years.

We should definitely show our monarchy more respect.

Banned
    Some of the things that are said about our royal family are disgraceful I think, media stuff, on comedy shows, turning them into a soap opera. In a country like Thailand comments like matts would get you in a lot of trouble. I remember a swiss guy there on the kings birthday sprayed painted a picture of the king, because he was angry that alcohol was banned on that day. He was caught on cctv and sentenced to 10 years.

We should definitely show our monarchy more respect.
    With freedom of speech comes freedom to insult!

Banned
    but it aint right

Banned
    but it aint right
    Matter of opinion. The fact that a simple joke about the Thai king could get you in very serious trouble in Thailand or get your website banned from that country is nothing to sing the praise of! We have a right in this country that we should learn to respect, even if it means hearing things we do not like.

I will happily debate people on matters like the monachy or religion or whatever, because I can! And if I say something offending towards them in the process, then so be it

We already live in too much of a nanny state as it is without giving up any more of our rights to political correctness. Matt has every right to say what he does about the monachy and in many ways I respect him for saying so. I too dislike the notion of what they stand for, but understand that they pay for themselves many times over with the boost to our economy through tourism. And yes, perhaps that is debatable

Banned
    It's not right to have a monarchy and not show them respect, whats the point otherwise? There's already a massive lack of respect in this country for teachers, police, parents, why not start by showing some respect for those at the very top. And I wasn't trying to say Thailand has the right idea, just the massive difference compared to how we treat our own royal family. You ask anybody from another country to name something related to the UK and you'll nearly always get an answer related to the monarchy. We should be proud of that.

I find it a sad lack of patriotism when English people put them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Matter of opinion. The fact that a simple joke about the Thai king could get you in very serious trouble in Thailand or get your website banned from that country is nothing to sing the praise of! We have a right in this country that we should learn to respect, even if it means hearing things we do not like.

I will happily debate people on matters like the monachy or religion or whatever, because I can! And if I say something offending towards them in the process, then so be it

We already live in too much of a nanny state as it is without giving up any more of our rights to political correctness. Matt has every right to say what he does about the monachy and in many ways I respect him for saying so. I too dislike the notion of what they stand for, but understand that they pay for themselves many times over with the boost to our economy through tourism. And yes, perhaps that is debatable
    Young man, I have to say that free speech is all very well. But at the same time, I consider Matt's comments on our Royal Family way out of line and completely uncalled for. I can well recall, the triumphal mood that prevailed among the people in the village where I spent most of my childhood ... as folk of all ages crowded into the local Public Hall to witness the dawn of a 'New Elizabethan Era', [in the form of our present Queen's Coronation] on a 17" black & white television screen positioned centre-stage. That momentous event took place more than 56 years ago ... on June 2nd, 1953 ... and upwards of three decades before the likes of Matt was scarcely even a twinkle in his mum's eye. And now, not far short of sixty years on, we are privileged to be the subjects of this most gracious and dignified lady who is revered and respected worldwide.

In an ever-changing Society, the Monarchy is inherent in our centuries-old National Heritage. By virtue of its sheer constancy, it represents a certain stability. As a Scot - and in a wider sense - as a British Citizen, I am fiercely proud of our nation and its traditions ... which are envied amongst our European neighbours, and practically everywhere else on the planet. Like many of my counterparts, I'm perhaps less enamoured with our system of government, although it remains preferable to that of most other countries. I have to ask all would-be dissenters if, in all honesty, they'd rather we evolved into a Republican State with a President at the helm ... a kind of 'dictatorship' ... and all THAT entails? "Loyalty to Royalty", I say.

So please, spare us the unjustified crticism of noble Institutions like the Monarchy and the NHS, and just be thankful for their continued existence! Because if you don't/are not, then I suggest you go and live elsewhere.

Arise, Sir Arthur!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Young man, I have to say that free speech is all very well. But I consider Matt's comments on our Royal Family way out of line and completely uncalled for. I can well recall, the triumphal mood that prevailed among the people in the village where I spent most of my childhood ... as folk of all ages crowded into the local Public Hall to witness the dawn of a 'New Elizabethan Era', [in the form of our present Queen's Coronation] on a 17" black & white television screen positioned centre-stage. That momentous event took place more than 56 years ago ... on June 2nd, 1953 ... and upwards of three decades before the likes of Matt was scarcely even a twinkle in his mum's eye. And now, not far short of sixty years on, we are privileged to be the subjects of this most gracious and dignified lady who is revered and respected worldwide.

In an ever-changing Society, the Monarchy is inherent in our centuries-old National Heritage. By virtue of its sheer constancy, it represents a certain stability. As a Scot - and in a wider sense - as a British Citizen, I am fiercely proud of our nation and its traditions ... which are envied among our European neighbours, and practically everywhere else on the planet. Like many of my counterparts, I'm perhaps less enamoured with our system of government, although it remains preferable to that of most other countries. I have to ask all would-be dissenters if, in all honesty, they'd rather we evolved into a Republican State with a President at the helm ... a kind of 'dictatorship' ... and all THAT entails?

So please, spare us the unjustified crticism of noble Institutions like the Monarchy and the NHS, and just be thankful for their continued existence! Because if you don't/are not, then I suggest you go and live elsewhere.

Arise, Sir Arthur!
    You've hit the nail on the head !

As regards your last few words "then I suggest you go and live elsewhere" Matt, Power to The People & Co might find as I mentioned previously the last remaining workers paradises Cuba and North Korea more amenable tips to reside in.

You've hit the nail on the head !
    Thank you ... "Loyalty to Royalty", I say!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information