Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary

this will give you a better idea.

mention that your husband supports his stepchild, by sending you money which supports you all, you'll be providing remit receipts anyway ?

its not easy to show you have 'sole responsibility' sometimes.. as you can see !

SET7.8 What is sole responsibility?

A sponsoring parent (see SET7.2) must be able to show that he/she has been solely responsible for exercising parental care over the child for a substantial period.

If the sponsoring parent and child are separated, the child will normally be
    expected to have been in the care of the sponsoring parent's relatives rather than the relatives of the other parent. An application should normally be refused if the child has been in the care of the other parent's relatives and the other parent lives nearby and takes an active interest in the child's welfare.

The following factors should be considered in assessing sole responsibility:

* Are the parents married / in a civil partnership?
    * If the parents' marriage / civil partnership is dissolved, which parent was awarded legal custody, which includes assumption of responsibility for the child?
    * Where there is a custody order the ECO should take care to ensure that the issue of a settlement entry clearance to the child will not contravene the terms of the custody order. Annex 1 contains a list of those countries whose custody orders can be recognised as valid in UK.
    * Does the marriage / civil partnership subsist, but the parents do not live together?
    * If the sponsoring parent migrated to the UK, how long has the sponsoring parent been separated from the child?
    * If the sponsoring parent migrated to the UK, what were the arrangements for the care of the child before and after the sponsoring parent migrated?
    * If the sponsoring parent migrated to the UK, what has been/what is the sponsoring parent's relationship with the child?
    * Has the sponsoring parent consistently supported the child, either by:
    direct personal care ; or by regular and substantial financial remittances?
    * By whom, and in what proportions, is the cost of the child's maintenance borne?
    * Who takes the important decisions about the child's upbringing, for example where the child lives, the choice of school, religious practice etc

how about a letter from your local preist ? stating that you decide on your childs religious practice ?

this will put you to sleep
    http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKIAT/2006/00049.html

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary

this will give you a better idea.

mention that your husband supports his stepchild, by sending you money which supports you all, you'll be providing remit receipts anyway ?

its not easy to show you have 'sole responsibility' sometimes.. as you can see !
    again ty for the reply Sir.. do i need to write also my leter of support for her as the mother..though not a problem with our 2 kids from my ebglish husband.. correct me if am wrong..
    and yes i got all the recipt here shping, bills, monegram etc..shows that he fully support us..

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    again ty for the reply Sir.. do i need to write also my leter of support for her as the mother..though not a problem with our 2 kids from my ebglish husband.. correct me if am wrong..
    and yes i got all the recipt here shping, bills, monegram etc..shows that he fully support us..
    yes as your husband is supporting you both, and dont forget to mention that your children have never been apart ( i take it they haven't) ?? in your letter of support, you shouldn't have a problem then

and dont forget to show your home will not be overcrowded ! with 5 of your living there ..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    yes as your husband is supporting you both, and dont forget to mention that your children have never been apart ( i take it they haven't) ?? in your letter of support, you shouldn't have a problem then

and dont forget to show your home will not be overcrowded ! with 5 of your living there ..
    yes they havent since

what do you mean not overcrowding..sadly he still renting for the moment of a small room on a shared house , confuse if this will do as you see were going to aply or he must find a much bigger house/room... for us all prorior for our aplication

what do you mean not overcrowding..sadly he still renting for the moment of a small room on a shared house , confuse if this will do as you see were going to aply or he must find a much bigger house/room... for us all prorior for our aplication[/QUOTE]

Reading your earlier post I get the impression that you are talking abou a total of 3 children in all. I don't how you will get on with regard to the 2 children who will qualify for British passports, but I think that if you apply for a visa to bring the other child to the UK with you, it's likely that you will be refused, unless your husband can provide suitable accomodation for you all. A small room in a shared house maybe acceptable for your husband and yourself, but the ECO is likely to say that it is not suitable to house children as well.

Iain.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    what do you mean not overcrowding..sadly he still renting for the moment of a small room on a shared house , confuse if this will do as you see were going to aply or he must find a much bigger house/room... for us all prorior for our aplication
    Reading your earlier post I get the impression that you are talking abou a total of 3 children in all. I don't how you will get on with regard to the 2 children who will qualify for British passports, but I think that if you apply for a visa to bring the other child to the UK with you, it's likely that you will be refused, unless your husband can provide suitable accomodation for you all. A small room in a shared house maybe acceptable for your husband and yourself, but the ECO is likely to say that it is not suitable to house children as well.

Iain.[/QUOTE]

yeah ty very much for the advice or he might be looking and starting to find a new bigger room that will suit us all..i hope so which we need for us to us to show to ECO
    refuse what do you mean my visa ? or my other kids visa..

Ross

Iain is correct.

I noticed this earlier & thought it strange.

If it's just you who is applying, then a room in a shared house might, just might,
    be acceptable to the ECO.

HOWEVER.... if you are bringing the children..... it will NOT be acceptable.

The ECO will be looking for suitable accomodation.... meaning an least a bedroom
    for the children (maybe 2 bedrooms depending on age), and a bedroom for you
    and your husband.
    Also, I would have thought, non-shared bathroom & kitchen.

Moving to a BIGGER room is NOT the solution.

You need to address this BEFORE submitting your spouse visa application.
    Otherwise it is doomed to failure.
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Thread Information