Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access) abbymd's Avatar

hello from the philippines

Hello everyone! I'm a Filipina doctor working offshore for a gas platform here in the Philippines. My company sent me to Brunei for a short course and there I met and fell in love with a wonderful man. He is a Scot(id:smurph) also in the medical field and stationed in Brunei for at least 13 more months. We hope to be together in the near future but in the meantime, we are burning the lines and accruing air miles. We're in love!
    I've been meaning to post a shout-out since I became a member but been really busy at work. So far, the threads i've read i find to be really helpful. And the members seem to be so warm and ready to assist. I know we Pinoys get a lot of bad rep due to a few bad eggs but it's nice to know that the "bayanihan" spirit lives on. In the next few months, we might be peppering you guys with advice as we prepare for our life together and we hope you will be as gracious with us as you have been to all newbies. For now, we would be happy to just drop in, read your threads and maybe drop a line or two. Oh, and if you feel there's something we can help you out with as well, just holler. Here's to future friendships and a great network. Maraming salamat in advance.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by abbymd View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm a Filipina doctor working offshore for a gas platform here in the Philippines. My company sent me to Brunei for a short course and there I met and fell in love with a wonderful man. He is a Scot(id:smurph) also in the medical field and stationed in Brunei for at least 13 more months. We hope to be together in the near future but in the meantime, we are burning the lines and accruing air miles. We're in love!
    I've been meaning to post a shout-out since I became a member but been really busy at work. So far, the threads i've read i find to be really helpful. And the members seem to be so warm and ready to assist. I know we Pinoys get a lot of bad rep due to a few bad eggs but it's nice to know that the "bayanihan" spirit lives on. In the next few months, we might be peppering you guys with advice as we prepare for our life together and we hope you will be as gracious with us as you have been to all newbies. For now, we would be happy to just drop in, read your threads and maybe drop a line or two. Oh, and if you feel there's something we can help you out with as well, just holler. Here's to future friendships and a great network. Maraming salamat in advance.
    Mabuhay..!!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Member
    Welcome!

Welcome and Have a nice day!

welcome to the forum

hi abbymd,

welcome to the forum. i'm sure most of us in the forum would be more than happy to extend our help and advice.
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Very nice intro, welcome in here
    Jiri & Maricel

welcome aboard

Hi Abby,
    Welcome to the forum.
    Louella & Iain.

Welcome aboard!

Hello doc nice thread!

Whats up doc? Hello and welcome!

Did yer man get you any haggis yet? Have you worked of the coast of Scotland on the rigs too?
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Hello to you

Hello abbymd and welcome to the forum!

Smile

hello abbymd welcome here
    have a nice day
    CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

Banned
    hi... and welcome...

I bet some members will holler at you when we would need some medical advice.. hehehe...

Welcome to the forum abbymd
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

'abbymd' ... "no prizes" [for me] for guessing you're a Doctor of Medicine! Hi, Abby ... and Welcome. Thank you, too, for your kind and encouraging words about the forum. Indeed (as has already been *mentioned) I commend you for such an *interesting and informative introduction.

Another Filipina makes the best choice of partner ( a Scotsman!!) obviously a highly intelligent lady hehehehehe

welcome to the forum.

I was in Brunei late last year for a week delivering training to Shell contracts staff, great place they have there at Shell and they really looked after me.

I only met the boss of supply Chain (another Aberdonian and ex rugby playing mate as it turned out) thankfully did not need to see any medical staff

Enjoy the forum
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    hi there.. i am glad to be part of this forum. a friend of mine introduced me this site.. i know it would be a great help to join on this forum

Respected Member
    Welcome to the forum Abby
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Respected Member
    hello to you Abbymd a Newbie like me let's get started. Best of everything to both of you.

Respected Member
    nice friend you have..welcome .

Hi Abby, welcome to the forum n enjoy.

Respected Member
    welcome here abby
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Respected Member
    Goodluck and All the best
    If it's not life threatening IGNORE it .. .

welcome to the forum Doc Abby..

Thread Information