Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Application for Naturalization Approved :)

Hello everyone it's been a while since I last posted as I have been busy with my kids. I just want to share my happiness today as I finally got my Citizenship Application approved today. I am so over the moon but still part of me is still incomplete as I still got my kids' settlement visa application to deal now. I hope luck stays on our side as it has been a rough and bumpy ride the past few years. Cheers everyone.
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi, Glad to hear your good news. My wife is applying for her British Citizenship next month. Is it straightforward? How long did it take?
    Also, like you, we are then going to apply to get her daughter here to live with us next year. wow so much to do.

Congratulation
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Quote Originally Posted by garfield42 View Post
    Hi, Glad to hear your good news. My wife is applying for her British Citizenship next month. Is it straightforward? How long did it take?
    Also, like you, we are then going to apply to get her daughter here to live with us next year. wow so much to do.
    Hi,

In a way yes it was straightforward. I suggest you do it ASAP if she is qualified as I have heard that Home Office is receiving a lot of application in view of recent changes in Immigration Law.

I lodged in my application last 10th August thru NCS (Nationality CHecking Service). They are a star, they cost a bit (36 pounds to be exact, cost depends on the NCS you are going to use, their fee includes the special mail cost) but they will make sure your documents are in order and that you have answered the questionnaire correctly. To give you an idea on the timeframe and the process involved see below:

10th August - Appointment with NCS. I used NCS since they will just photocopy your original docs and they will keep the copy and return your original. They will check all your docs, if the correct fee is included, app form completed etc etc.

12th August - I checked with RoyalMail, Home Office has received my application

14th August - They have acknowledged receipt of my application with the fee

18th August - My cheque was cashed

14th September - I received my Citizenship Invitation. My application has been approved 7th September but in view of postal strike it only arrived today.

So all in all it only took me 4 1/2 weeks in exact. I have booked my Oath Taking tomorrow (again this will depend on the Local Authority, some may take weeks to accommodate you and some can accommodate you outright).

It may seem pretty straightforward as long as you got all the documents. You need 2 referees to sign your application form, correct picture, 720 pounds (don't forget) and if you are using NCS their fee as well. I would recommend using them because they will just photocopy your docs and give your original docs back. I guess I was lucky with my caseworker because I heard application could even take months to complete. Lucky for me that wasn't the case.

Yes you are right, so much to do. I must say based on my experience filling an application in the Phils is more complicated than here. I have been compiling all my supporting docs for my kids application since last month and fingers cross they will be approved.

If you have any questions regarding your wife's application form, feel free to leave me a message and I will try my best to help. Good luck
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Smile

congratulation to you aphrodite78
    CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
    thanks, pumpkins. how's your application going?

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite78 View Post
    Hi,

10th August - Appointment with NCS. I used NCS since they will just photocopy your original docs and they will keep the copy and return your original. They will check all your docs, if the correct fee is included, app form completed etc etc.

12th August - I checked with RoyalMail, Home Office has received my application

14th August - They have acknowledged receipt of my application with the fee

18th August - My cheque was cashed

14th September - I received my Citizenship Invitation. My application has been approved 7th September but in view of postal strike it only arrived today.
    Congratulations aphrodite78, and thats very quick - only 4 - 5 weeks. Elsa has sent hers off today, although we decided not to use NCS and sent it by post (1st Class Recorded Delivery) instead. Hopefully it will also take a max of 6 weeks.

To be honest, Form AN is actually very simple compared to the applications for Spouse Visa and ILR, and thats part of the reason we didn't see the need to use NCS.

Hello everyone it's been a while since I last posted as I have been busy with my kids. I just want to share my happiness today as I finally got my Citizenship Application approved today. I am so over the moon but still part of me is still incomplete as I still got my kids' settlement visa application to deal now. I hope luck stays on our side as it has been a rough and bumpy ride the past few years. Cheers everyone.
    y Congratulations on the approval of your Citizenship Application, Aphrodite. Wishing you well with your kids' Settlement Visa.

Smile

thanks, pumpkins. how's your application going?
    i have'nt applied yet..me and my husband still preparing documents and will submit the application on 2nd week of october.
    while he scanning his papers, am here reading a forum
    i think our papers will weight 3 kilos.. the skype chat is 105 pages, september chat is not included yet..lot of paper works ha

God bless you and your family...
    CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by ukgangster View Post
    Congratulations aphrodite78, and thats very quick - only 4 - 5 weeks. Elsa has sent hers off today, although we decided not to use NCS and sent it by post (1st Class Recorded Delivery) instead. Hopefully it will also take a max of 6 weeks.

To be honest, Form AN is actually very simple compared to the applications for Spouse Visa and ILR, and thats part of the reason we didn't see the need to use NCS.
    It is really a matter of choice to be honest with you. I decided to use one because I do not want to send my original documents. I am really paranoid with the mailing system as we got cases wherein passports got lost in the mail. To be honest with you I'd rather pay NCS to prevent the hassle, I know it doesn't usually happen (passport missing in the post) but wouldn't want to take the chance and knowing my luck i wouldn't bet on it. Good luck to your wife's application. I'm sure it will be alright.

i have'nt applied yet..me and my husband still preparing documents and will submit the application on 2nd week of october.
    i think our papers will weight 3 kilos.. the skype chat is 105 pages, september chat is not included yet..lot of paper works ha

goodness me it is a heavy one. i hope it all goes well for you both. happy reading looks like it will take him ages to scan.

Congratulations, we will be applying for both my wife and step-daughter at the end of the month. Ours is a bit more complicated because we will be applying with Form AN for my wife and Form MN1 under section 3 (1) (I think) for my step-daughter. I haven't decided whether we'll use NCS yet or not as it's going to cost Ł1,180 for the two application as it is.

Iain.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Congratulations, we will be applying for both my wife and step-daughter at the end of the month. Ours is a bit more complicated because we will be applying with Form AN for my wife and Form MN1 under section 3 (1) (I think) for my step-daughter. I haven't decided whether we'll use NCS yet or not as it's going to cost Ł1,180 for the two application as it is.

Iain.
    hi iain,
    Thanks. I must admit it is a lot of money and the fee changes like the season. My life has never been straightforward to be honest with you but hey ho I got there in the end, lots of bumpy rides but got it and still can't believe it. I just used NCS to keep my original docs with me. Good luck on their application I am sure they will be fine.

Congratulations
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Hi Aphrodite78,

Thanks for the info on Citizenship, we live in London, so lets hope our Borough offer a speedy service too, as we intend to do the same and use their services to send my wifes docs to the Home Office.
    As for my wifes daughter, we are using a solicitor to process the application, as its quite complicated and we wanted to make sure we get it right. Its costing a lot, but hey, if it means my step daughter can come and live here with us, thats priceless

fantastic news.......i am happy for you....congratulations
    POWER TO THE PEACEFUL. MABUHAY IRELAND AND PHILIPPINES

Hi Aphrodite78,

As for my wifes daughter, we are using a solicitor to process the application, as its quite complicated and we wanted to make sure we get it right. Its costing a lot, but hey, if it means my step daughter can come and live here with us, thats priceless
    your stepdaughter been living in the phils for more than 3yrs with relatives ?
    why didn't you apply for a visa for her sooner

not my business .. sorry

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    your stepdaughter been living in the phils for more than 3yrs with relatives ?
    why didn't you apply for a visa for her sooner

not my business .. sorry
    No problem, you are entitled to ask, thats why this is called a forum.
    My stepdaughter is in her senior year in secondary school and we wanted her to finish there and get good grades, so she is ready to start her placement in 6th form here. She has already decided on her career path, so we thought this would be best.
    we have been to P.I every year for our hols to see her, and with webcams and telephones, she never too far away. We are flying out when her visa is ready to collect her and being a typical teenager, she insists that her new bedroom comes fully loaded with tv, laptop etc, etc.

congrats!aphrodite,im very happy for ugive me some idea or tell me about what papers did u pass to get a b.ctzenship?

No problem, you are entitled to ask, thats why this is called a forum.
    My stepdaughter is in her senior year in secondary school and we wanted her to finish there and get good grades, so she is ready to start her placement in 6th form here. She has already decided on her career path, so we thought this would be best.
    we have been to P.I every year for our hols to see her, and with webcams and telephones, she never too far away. We are flying out when her visa is ready to collect her and being a typical teenager, she insists that her new bedroom comes fully loaded with tv, laptop etc, etc.
    i see
    remember your wife needs to show she has 'sole responsibilty' for the child, and your step daughter may be interviewed by the embassy, so i hope you all prepare for it if she is asked to attend.but most visa's are granted.

good luck

Thumbs up

Hi Aphrodite78,

Thanks for the info on Citizenship, we live in London, so lets hope our Borough offer a speedy service too, as we intend to do the same and use their services to send my wifes docs to the Home Office.
    that is the most sweetest word i heard, good on you. i hope everything works out for you. let me know how you get on. got the same situation with my kids i am not rushing things as like what you said you have to make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana_may365 View Post
    congrats!aphrodite,im very happy for ugive me some idea or tell me about what papers did u pass to get a b.ctzenship?
    thanks ana_may. i submitted the following:

1. Application for Naturalisation Form
    2. Passport Size pic
    3. Passport
    4. 720 pounds fee (this can be paid either by cheque or credit card)
    5. Two referees to sign on the app form
    6. Life in the UK exam result
    7. Marriage Cert
    8. NCS fee (if you are using one)

everything was really straightforward. when are you applying?

Our sincerest congratulations, well done
    Jiri & Maricel

Quote Originally Posted by Ji&Ma View Post
    Our sincerest congratulations, well done
    thanks ji&ma.

Banned

Congratulations Aphrodite!!!

Pumpkins, you don't have to print all your chat logs... less of the that, the better for ECO to evaluate since he/she won't have too much documents to review.. what I did (and I based it from what the others here suggested) is that, I printed a summary of all the chat logs.... then printed only the 1st page of sample chats per month.. I just chose one chat on the first half of a month, and the another chat on the 2nd half of the month... did the same also with printing sample emails..

Sorry If I have been hijacking this thread.. hehehe...

Again, Congrats Aphrodite!!! Well done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    Congratulations Aphrodite!!!

Pumpkins, you don't have to print all your chat logs... less of the that, the better for ECO to evaluate since he/she won't have too much documents to review.. what I did (and I based it from what the others here suggested) is that, I printed a summary of all the chat logs.... then printed only the 1st page of sample chats per month.. I just chose one chat on the first half of a month, and the another chat on the 2nd half of the month... did the same also with printing sample emails..

Sorry If I have been hijacking this thread.. hehehe...

Again, Congrats Aphrodite!!! Well done!!!
    Thanks Florge and well done to you as well. Keep us posted ha don't pack too much (he hehe) i'm sure your bf will be more than glad to show you around trafford centre.

Congratulations.

Hi Aphrodite78,

The longer she stays in Phils being cared for by sombody else, the more likely it is that they will question whether you have you sole responsibility for her or whether someone else could continue to care for her if she remained in the Philippines, especially if, when you apply for her visa, it will only be a short period before she will reach the age of responsibility. Just make sure you have a record of all the money you have sent to support her and pay for her studies in Phils as well as letters, emails, chat logs and photos from when you have visited her etc.

Iain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information