Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Respected Member pacificelectric's Avatar

what kind of presents for the relatives....

Hi folks,

I will be flying to Davao in a week now and understand I will be introduced to my gf's relatives and I do not think it would be a good idea to arrive empty-handed but really I have no idea what kind of present I should bring. I will meet her brother who lives in Tagum City and her ate, who works in a monastery... What can I bring to a woman who works in a monastery? thanks for any suggestion...........

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pacificelectric View Post
    Hi folks,

I will be flying to Davao in a week now and understand I will be introduced to my gf's relatives and I do not think it would be a good idea to arrive empty-handed but really I have no idea what kind of present I should bring. I will meet her brother who lives in Tagum City and her ate, who works in a monastery... What can I bring to a woman who works in a monastery? thanks for any suggestion...........
    I found that some of them pocket multitools gadgets, go down a treat with the blokes in the family.

For the women...... chocolate....... real European chocolate..... And lots of it....

a case full of cash?

just get a selection of chocolates.
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Nothing too expensive, chocolates, perfumes etc.

Iain.

If you really want the family to remember you, take a box of sex toys, they can pick their own. Trust me on this, they will NEVER forget you!
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    If you really want the family to remember you, take a box of sex toys, they can pick their own. Trust me on this, they will NEVER forget you!
    lol...i bet they will never forget the day they open those gifts...lol
    POWER TO THE PEACEFUL. MABUHAY IRELAND AND PHILIPPINES

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by belfast_dude View Post
    lol...i bet they will never forget the day they open those gifts...lol

It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

bring lots of chocolates it will bring a smile to everybody. Safe journey going to the Philippines.

they may not know what they are and use them for something else
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

As soon as I read what can I take a woman who lives in a monastery my first thought was Industrial-strength Rampant Rabbit and a years supply of Duracell For the guy Shivas Reagal

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    they may not know what they are and use them for something else
    You could probably use the RR to whip up a pretty mean souffle or dish of scrambled eggs especially with the little "Finger" whirling away

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Hi folks,

Nothing initially.... They will have plenty of time to roll and rip you off later..

bystander

Quote Originally Posted by bystander09 View Post
    Nothing initially.... They will have plenty of time to roll and rip you off later..

bystander
    they will think your santa, and no doubt they will be writing to you soon with a list of pressies they want for xmas

booze and chocs what else could they want .. or pera

Respected Member
    Chocolate, for the kids and the adults, lots of it, you can buy lots of Swiss Chocolate like Lindt at the duty free when you get there, before you leave the airport.

Chocolate is like currency it will get handed round to everyone who has ever helped the family.

For the guys a couple of blocks of Marlboro (total not each ) the vast majority of guys that I have ever met over there smoke, again it's currency they can be given to loads of people as a thank you.

I took a bottle of Whisky once, Talisker Malt, I was surprised it did not go down so well, possible a bit too much of an acquired taste (I don't drink spirits so i hadn't a clue )

Jim

I I just wish I had the courage....love the idea. Don't think we would make it to the alter though if I did...

Hi folks,

Thanks for the question, I was just logging in to ask the very same. Only in my case im meeting the relatives for the third time and were getting married out there in October. I dont want to go OTT as then I fear expectations will be high in the future. The guys dont smoke so thats out, I think I'll just fill the case with duty free and let the GF decide who gets what.

So thoughtful of you Pacific ... You do think of the relatives of your GF.. Bring some chocolates that will suffice for the brother and sister ( its handy ) than a bottle of wine.

bring chocolate,lots of it..but evrythng is available at duty free when u get at da airport.my dad used to get johnny walker,way back.shirts, beauty bars for the women,like dove or smthng. I love lindt.its n0t rly relatd,hell just wna say it. . . .take care! Cigarettes r gud toO,marlboro,but get em capri too.

Respected Member pacificelectric's Avatar

OK, I expected that one..... anyway on the photo below you can see from right to left my GF in navy blue, her youngest daughter, a friend and ate Marlina, the one who works in a monastery. Does she look like she needs that type of stuff????

Get a nice leather-covered bible in a presentation box I got one for a friend who was connected to the church,a quality gift and much appreciated

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

An Oldham Athletic shirt. God knows, we need all the help we can get!!!!

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Banned

OK, I expected that one..... anyway on the photo below you can see from right to left my GF in navy blue, her youngest daughter, a friend and ate Marlina, the one who works in a monastery. Does she look like she needs that type of stuff????

yes she does and maybe also for the daughter ..... but if not fatten everyone up with chocolate

Newbie (Restricted Access) MarvieR's Avatar
    :-) this really made my day, some made me laugh ^_^.. oh well, you need not to worry, just simple things, even if it's only a key chain, as long as it's from the heart, you will make them feel that they're remembered and they will be happy for that.

The lady who works for the church has no glint nor sparkle in her eyes They actually look subdued and sad Hope your gift cheers her up

Well I believe working in the monastery "requires them to remain celibate and own little or no personal property."

So does she make something inside the monastery such as cheese, wine, bread? What other services do they do?

Normally I would suggest shampoo. Filipino girls seem to love big bottles of shampoo, conditioner. Hairdryer, brushes, and manicure sets, and especially hair straightener Also Lip shiner. Always is enjoyable simple things.Save them go to salon.

I would suggest beads for her, as I believe counting beads is good for contemplating. What about knitting?
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Smile

for her family ,i would suggest nothing....just invite them for a dinner
    CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
    ....just invite them for a dinner
    Eat them???

Chocolate is good, but it is HEAVY. Watch your baggage allowance. Its also dirt cheap there at duty free, so dont bother with m&m's and sucjlike as you can get them cheaper there and dont have to carry them.

Clothes are good, especially european branded ones.

Quote Originally Posted by MarBell379 View Post
    Chocolate is good, but it is HEAVY......
    Aero

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information