Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Banned
    To me and many others, "being a man" does not mean standing and watching over the wife while she hoovers, washes the dishes in the kitchen, dusts, changes the dirty nappies, gets the kids ready for school after having prepared brakfast for everyone, etc, etc.....

Being a man, means, broadly speaking, taking responsability for your own actions, being helpful and ready to share the workload with your partner.
    Being generous with your time, to listen, and guide, give advice even if it not followed through, generally being compassionate in everything you do.

Not forgetting being protective without possessiveness.

But obviously mr "bloke" medallion man likes to be compared to club carrying neanderthals.

Banned
    He seems to have gone a bit quiet. Maybe the missus gave him a clip round the ear and told him to get back to the household chores.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post

Plenty of forums exist for misguided, arrogant people like yourself, I suggest you find one, as no one on here likes you, that is quite clear, but you seem incapable of seeing past your own eyelids.

I'll take a shot here, but I bet your the ald guy who sits in the same place in the bar, for hours with 1/2 a glass of mild, smoking a rollup, and smelling of pee.
    Interesting... Arrogant.. I would suggest that you fit the bill perfectly.. judging from some of your comments on other threads.. Your arrogance stems from a small person with a little authority... the corporal syndrome..

In terms of popularity, that can be addressed... However corporal.. you have the power, how you choose to exercise it defines the man..

bystander

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    He seems to have gone a bit quiet. Maybe the missus gave him a clip round the ear and told him to get back to the household chores.
    Happens sometimes... just drop the chores bit...

bystander

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    To me and many others, "being a man" does not mean standing and watching over the wife while she hoovers, washes the dishes in the kitchen, dusts, changes the dirty nappies, gets the kids ready for school after having prepared brakfast for everyone, etc, etc.....
    No time for that mate... have to go out to work... the household chores, the budget, and the running of the house are strictly the responsibility of the missus..

(Just before you get creative.... am currently on hols..)

bystander

Banned
    the household chores, the budget, and the running of the house are strictly the responsibility of the missus..
    And if, God forbid, the missus was to have an accident or an illness and could no longer do these tasks, would you be "man" enough to step into her shoes?

Having not visited the site for a few days and just read this thread from start to finish, have to stay it's been funny

To add my two pesos worth.

I wanted to be at the birth of my daughter, however my wife insisted that it was not the done thing in the phillippines.
    I do believe she was generally embarrassed that i would want to be in there.
    In the end i relented - my dad wasn't at any of my siblings births, so i just assumed it was like the UK 30 years ago

Deck

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    And if, God forbid, the missus was to have an accident or an illness and could no longer do these tasks, would you be "man" enough to step into her shoes?
    Certainly not, this is not mans work; I would temporarily hire someone, until we could get a family member over from the Phils to help out until she recovered...

bystander

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deckard97f View Post
    Having not visited the site for a few days and just read this thread from start to finish, have to stay it's been funny

To add my two pesos worth.

I wanted to be at the birth of my daughter, however my wife insisted that it was not the done thing in the phillippines.
    I do believe she was generally embarrassed that i would want to be in there.
    In the end i relented - my dad wasn't at any of my siblings births, so i just assumed it was like the UK 30 years ago

Deck
    Hi Deck.. Thanks for Dropping by..

Indeed 30 years ago this was the norm.. This pink revolution feminist crap.. "OH help me push darling" is beginning to devalue the male genome. Why I even know some sad **ssy whipped wimps that attend prenatal classes with their women... just how whipped can a man get..shameful..

bystander

Quote Originally Posted by bystander09 View Post
    Arrogant.. I would suggest that you fit the bill perfectly.. judging from some of your comments on other threads..
    OOPS

Add 'lacking in any sense of humour' as well to the list

....oh....and BANNED

You broke the record of number of complaints in the 9 year history I've owned forums
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    OOPS

Add 'lacking in any sense of humour' as well to the list

....oh....and BANNED

You broke the record of number of complaints in the 9 year history I've owned forums
    Why ban? many Filipino men are like this.

Jan Cruz

heh Juan,
    perhaps that is why your women like us westerners so much

and we are not all just rich guys who want a new young plaything
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Cruz View Post
    Why ban? many Filipino men are like this.

Jan Cruz
    Because I'm the boss and people are on my property. If someone had that attitude at work they'd soon be out of a job with most managers. If people are upsetting your friends on your property I suppose you hug them!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scott&ligaya View Post
    heh Juan,
    perhaps that is why your women like us westerners so much

and we are not all just rich guys who want a new young plaything
    Many Filipinas do not care who you are or where you come from. They just want your money to support thier families..

Juan Cruz

Many Filipinas do not care who you are or where you come from. They just want your money to support thier families..

bystander
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Juan Cruz

careful of ur words....there are some maybe but not ALL

Banned

Juan Cruz
    This statement of yours may well hold true to some extent, but I can assure you 100% that my wife does not enter into that bracket.

Nor many other wifes, members of this forum.

Actually, a lot of the ladies, on board here, resent supporting some of the lazy relatives back home, and only give some help when it is really needed.

However, In saying that, I must also bring to attention the fact that some of the ladies are being given the "Guilt trip" by the family and are emotionally blackmailed into giving total support.

my wifes family wont take my money,but she will spend it instead!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    This statement of yours may well hold true to some extent, but I can assure you 100% that my wife does not enter into that bracket.

Nor many other wifes, members of this forum.

Actually, a lot of the ladies, on board here, resent supporting some of the lazy relatives back home, and only give some help when it is really needed.

However, In saying that, I must also bring to attention the fact that some of the ladies are being given the "Guilt trip" by the family and are emotionally blackmailed into giving total support.
    Yes they may resent supporting family back home. But they always will..

Juan Cruz

Juan Cruz

Juan Cruz

are u talking based on ur own experience ?

Strange that this Juan has the same attitude and 4 posts....and responds in this thread only.......

....and the same IP....must think we are dumb or something when he's the one who just proved who the dumb one is

Banned
    Strange that this Juan has the same attitude and 4 posts....and responds in this thread only.......

....and the same IP....must think we are dumb or something when he's the one who just proved who the dumb one is

You are a spoilsport at times, Boss.....

I was going to call him Juan... Kerr.....

And have some fun....

the other giveaway is that he put juan cruz on his posts too

Banned
    Lucky you busted him before he found his way to the thread on the ladies football final. The horror of it girls playing football! The pink revolution's taking over I tell ye!!!

I was present at the birth of my first one and inhaled more gas and air than she did...Take my advise...If you go in for no other reason then to try gas and air you will not be disappointed..
    Beats the pub hands down.

There's been enough gas and air on this thread for a lifetime.
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Personally speaking I think am man enough to admit that there is now way I would want to be present at the birth of my child, but hope I would be man enough to be there if the missus wanted me to. If the situation ever arose of course.

I like this -

I was going to call him Juan... Kerr:lol2:

Banned

Juan Cruz
    Hey! don't use our symbolic name. Use your own symbolic name as it's obvious you're not filipino. It sounds our symbolic name.:Vader:

Not all of us supports family back home from husband money. I am sorry if that is your experience. We support our husband !!!!

Juan de la Cruz is symbolically used in the Philippines to represent the "Filipino". The name is roughly the equivalent of the American Uncle Sam and John Doe. Juan de la Cruz is usually depicted wearing the native Salakot hat, Barong Tagalog, long pants, and slippers (called Chinelas in Filipino). The term Juan de la Cruz is also used when referring to the collective Filipino psyche. The terminology was coined by Robert McCulloch Dick, a Scottish-born journalist working for the Manila Times in the early 1900s, after discovering it was the most common name in blotters.

The name is Spanish which translates to "John of the Cross". The majority of Filipinos have acquired Spanish surnames largely due to more than 333 years of Spanish colonial rule in the Philippines. The Roman Catholic Church also plays an important role in the naming of a child, with almost every other baby baptized and named after a saint. San Juan de la Cruz was a Spanish mystic and Doctor of the Church; a leading figure in the Catholic Reformation.

Activists often call Juan de la Cruz a victim of American imperialism, especially since most editorial cartoons of the American era often depicted Juan de la Cruz along with Uncle Sam.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information