Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Thumbs up Advice For Whipped Husbands.. (Birthing)

Just how whipped are modern males becoming.. I was cracking a few beers with one of my friends this weekend, and what we have in common is that we both have Filipina wives. Pete has been married for 3 years, and I have been married to my Filipina wife coming up 23 years. Pete and Jill are expecting their first child in December. I already have three kids, my eldest been 20 years old....

My mate Pete is a little nervous about the upcoming birth. The subject of our conversation turned to the mechanics of the delivery, the possible rush to hospital etc.. A few more beers flowed, and issues concerning Pete’s presence in the delivery room came up. Pete was already considering the purchase of a new video camera, and being in the delivery room at the business end of the proceedings in order to capture for posterity; footage of little Johnny as he pokes his head out into the new world...

A few more beers down the cake-hole, and Pete wakes up to the fact (with a little prompting from me) that these are not going to be your actual HOME MOVIES that you are going to entertain your buddies with so WHAT’s THE POINT??

Eventually I convinced Pete that the delivery room is no place for a man, and that its pretty useless hanging onto the wifes hand saying PUSH…PUSH…PUSH.. when prompted by the attending nurses, that’s what they get paid for.

Pete has decided to (with a little advice from me) save the money he intended spending on a new video camera. Instead, Pete and a few of his mates will be in the pub across the road, downing a few beers celebrating the imminent arrival of little Johnny, and waiting for Pete to beak out the cigars.

However, I did advise Pete to tell wife to send him a text message when it was all over, and the place had been cleaned up.

bystander

I agree with you point regarding taking a video camera in but feel that this is a significant moment in a fathers life, I have been present at the birth of all 3 of my sons and was happy I was there.

Regarding the nurses, yes that’s what they are paid for but I feel that the fantastic job they do they should be paid more.

Banned
    Same here, was there at the birth of both my kids. It's an experience you can't compare with anything else. You can have a beer and a cigar with your mates any time. You only get one chance to see your kids come into the world. Don't miss it!

Be there, but a video

I'm sure most agree that the last thing I'd want on my wedding day was a 'special' showing of my own birth
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Tell your mate to be there at the birth.

It is something, that if missed, he will be sorry about for the rest of his life.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    Same here, was there at the birth of both my kids. It's an experience you can't compare with anything else. You can have a beer and a cigar with your mates any time. You only get one chance to see your kids come into the world. Don't miss it!

Hi,

No offence mate, but this forum seems to be quite well populated with **ssy whipped males..

I don't feel any less closer, nor do I loves my kids less for not being their during their birth.

The delivery room is just NO PLACE for a man.. Its womans work and let them get on with it in peace..

bystander

Respected Member
    You could even send her encouraging text messages such as 'quit whining and shouting' and 'hurry up'. This would make her feel that you are supporting her. If you want to show her that you really love her you could add the words 'dear' or 'mahal' to the end of those messages...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bystander09 View Post
    Eventually I convinced Pete that the delivery room is no place for a man, and that its pretty useless hanging onto the wifes hand saying PUSH…PUSH…PUSH.. when prompted by the attending nurses, that’s what they get paid for.
    Last year they were not about to let me into the delivery room until our own doctor arrived and made an exception for the westerner

One of the nurses had volunteered to take my camera into the delivery room for me so I gave her the wee camera.

A few minutes later our Doctor arrived and immediately asked me if I wanted to come in she saw my big camera sitting there forlornly

I would not have missed it for the world I am a very sentimental man and moments like this are extremely important to me.

We men have the easy time of it, I think we should all be made to see what our wives/partners have to through to bring a child into the world.

Our story of the day of the birth

I arrived in NAIA 9:50am

Got to the house about 10:50

Ana was walking around fine

We went for a short sleep in the afternoon woke up at 5pm Ana was showing a bit more signs but still felt fine.

I order bags to be packed in readyness.

She want's to go see a movie because she's fine.

We have no money and she is hungry so we go to Mall of Asia to get cash then maybe go to movie, we have the bags packed (it's on wheels) and I am walking round with everyone looking at my very pregnant partner

9:00pm cash machines go on strike, won't pay out :(

9:30pm finally get one that works.

9:45 we go for food in Tokyo Tokyo

10:00pm the food arrives and we go to sit down

Just as we sit down she starts to feel a bit odd, so I say forget the food time to go to hospital.

She won't leave the food has to get bagged for take away

10:15pm we walk slowly down to the taxi rank and get a contract car takes 10 minutes to arrive

10:30pm we set off through the Saturday night traffic heading for Mandaluyong.

The next 15 minutes she goes from having had contractions once every hour to once every 3 minutes like a switch

10:45pm our doctor is on her way and we are stuck in traffic

11:00pm we get there she is in agony and has to be helped into a wheelchair by the armed guards at the hospital,

about 2 minutes later we are on the 4th floor just as she gets into the prep room her waters break.

They send me down to the admissions office to sign her in.

11:10pm I get back up to the 4th floor, Nurse says your baby will be here in 10 minutes

11:11pm our Doctor Arrives

11:15pm I am in the theatre with Ana

11:20pm My daughter was born

Long day but I got it all on camera and no one but us will ever see the photos

Wouldn't have missed it for anything, I was just glad she hung on till I could get there!

Jim

Hi,

No offence mate, but this forum seems to be quite well populated with **ssy whipped males..

I don't feel any less closer, nor do I loves my kids less for not being their during their birth.

The delivery room is just NO PLACE for a man.. Its womans work and let them get on with it in peace..

bystander
    Bystander by name, Bystander by nature.

Being present at the birth of your child is an experience that nothing else can come close to, may be you're frightened you will faint and wont feel as macho as you portray.
    JOHN and VANESSA

Banned
    So I'm a **ssy whipped male for choosing to be present at my kids birth?

Believe me, I wasn't whipped into that delivery room. I wanted to be there, and it's still, to this day, the greatest experience I've had in life.

Your living in the past. It's quite common these days for dads to be there at the birth. The old cliche of waiting in the pub waiting to light the cigars is a bit old hat.

Being the first one to hold your child is an amazing thrill, a shame to miss out on that because of a bit of cliched chauvinism.

Banned
    Being the first one to hold your child is an amazing thrill,
    It was amazing and would not have missed it.

It was my choice to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post
    Bystander by name, Bystander by nature.

Being present at the birth of your child is an experience that nothing else can come close to, may be you're frightened you will faint and wont feel as macho as you portray.
    Wasn't anything special for me, so I stayed in the pub during the 2nd one

Makes no difference to how I treat each kid..... I hate both of them

Banned
    So I'm a **ssy whipped male for choosing to be present at my kids birth?

Believe me, I wasn't whipped into that delivery room. I wanted to be there, and it's still, to this day, the greatest experience I've had in life.

Your living in the past. It's quite common these days for dads to be there at the birth. The old cliche of waiting in the pub waiting to light the cigars is a bit old hat.

Being the first one to hold your child is an amazing thrill, a shame to miss out on that because of a bit of cliched chauvinism.
    Sorry mate.. its not cliched chauvinism... All thats missing from your post is a symphony orchestra for background music.. The delivery room is NOT a place for men; whatever the pretext... bonding..yawn support...yawn.. life changing experience.. yawn..

I'm certainly not living in the past, its just that some guys have been brainwashed by this pink revolution crap, and indeed are **ssy whipped..

Guys... get a backbone, and re-establish the rules of the game, the way nature intended.

bystander

Banned
    Sorry mate.. its not cliched chauvinism... All thats missing from your post is a symphony orchestra for background music.. The delivery room is NOT a place for men; whatever the pretext... bonding..yawn support...yawn.. life changing experience.. yawn..

I'm certainly not living in the past, its just that some guys have been brainwashed by this pink revolution crap, and indeed are **ssy whipped..

Guys... get a backbone, and re-establish the rules of the game, the way nature intended.

bystander

Macho man.....

Respected Member

bystander
    The way nature intended?

You think that for the whole of human history all the men off somewhere else while the woman was screaming her head off?

The human race in modern terms has been around for some 50,000 odd years, recorded history is around 6000 years or so, so for all that time in all cultures the men leave their women to suffer during childbirth?

Rules of what game? Marriage is not a game, bringing kids into the world is not a game, at least not in my book!

I think for myself, I always have, I don't slavishly follow some hypothetical male behavioural handbook the way so many of my brainwashed schoolmates of old did (actually most of my mates were quite independent thinkers so I am being unfair)

If the delivery room is not for you then maybe you have a weak stomach or something, you are certainly free to have made your own choice and that has to be respected but you are just one guy and the rule book you are quoting from is not one that I respect and it would appear that neither do a lot of other guys on here.

I seriously think that those that adhere to your "rules of the game" are in the minority these days, however it is often easier to go with the flow than to think for yourself, in my view people with "backbone" are the ones that can go against the flow and make their own choices in life!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    The human race in modern terms has been around for some 50,000 odd years, recorded history is around 6000 years or so
    I think you'll find that under the term 'modern' it is accepted in the scientific world we have been around for 200,000 years.

As for recorded history, cave paintings are a form of recorded history, and the oldest one dates back over 30,000 years. A nice article on that in New Scientist recently.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    The way nature intended?

You think that for the whole of human history all the men off somewhere else while the woman was screaming her head off?

The human race in modern terms has been around for some 50,000 odd years, recorded history is around 6000 years or so, so for all that time in all cultures the men leave their women to suffer during childbirth?

Jim
    Yes mate, this is the way it should be, and this is the way it is in most parts of the world today. Including the Philippines..

As I have said previously, there appears to be a preponderance of **ssy whipped males roaming this site..

bystander

what a funny thread!

you sound like my father bystander,have you been on the jeremy kyle show because im watching it now

im surprised you didnt advise him that its ok to get drunk while she gives birth and when he goes and sees her,pukes all over the happy mother just so the both of them can enjoy that moment a little bit more
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Unfortunately - this reminds me of some of those past religious debates where everybody got his own truth and is unable to admit that other side might get a bit of truth as well....

Bystander - personally I don't know what your problem is but whatever it is there is no need to slander others who have another opinion than you have and mark them as "**ssy whipped men" (btw - do you know any other phrase? as this one appears in your every single post ) and tar them all with the same brush - everybody has his own personal reasons why to be or not at birth of their own kids...
    If you want to stay in the pub with your macho friends, drink and have a cigar why not. Others might want to be somewhere else and do something else than you want to.
    But that doesn't make them any less "manly" than you might think....
    Jiri & Maricel

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji&Ma View Post
    Unfortunately - this reminds me of some of those past religious debates where everybody got his own truth and is unable to admit that other side might get a bit of truth as well....

Bystander - personally I don't know what your problem is but whatever it is there is no need to slander others who have another opinion than you have and mark them as "**ssy whipped men" (btw - do you know any other phrase? as this one appears in your every single post ) and tar them all with the same brush - everybody has his own personal reasons why to be or not at birth of their own kids...
    If you want to stay in the pub with your macho friends, drink and have a cigar why not. Others might want to be somewhere else and do something else than you want to.
    But that doesn't make them any less "manly" than you might think....
    Firstly, calling a man **ssy whipped is not slander, secondly I use the term only in this thread, none other.

This thread is predominantly aimed at the male inhabitants of this forum, and should be of no concern to the sites women. I guess the thread was instigated by some of the pseudo romantic drool and drivel that the forums males post here.

Think of the term **ssy whipped as a sort of wake up call to all males here who have fallen victim to oestrogen fuelled pink revolution propaganda. For them its time to reclaim the place in the family structre that evolution and nature has prepared them for. Namely as a leader, provider, and defender of the family unit, and not some **ssy whipped wimp, a victim of decades of media driven pink revolution drivel...

Everything has its place, and a mans place IS NOT in the delivery room..

bystander

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I think you'll find that under the term 'modern' it is accepted in the scientific world we have been around for 200,000 years.

As for recorded history, cave paintings are a form of recorded history, and the oldest one dates back over 30,000 years. A nice article on that in New Scientist recently.
    Yeah I know Keith, I was just being conservative it was in part because human art only goes back 30,000-40,000 years that I kept the number lower.

There is also some reserchers that reckon that some cognitive changes in modern humans were a very recent evolution, last 10,000 years or so and are what has resulted in the explosion of development in humanity in recent times.

The 6000 years recorded history was just an arbitary stab at things, it's round about the time that we start to get some detailed history.

I think I missed that article how recent was it? I will have it somewhere in the house.

Jim

bystander
    Amen,finally,a real guy magpakalalake
    mapakalalake ang mga lalaki at magpakababae ang mga babae Reaffirmation of your feminine side Nahhhh,forget that,theres a demarcation line twixt males and females defined by nature,no reason for a guy to step over the mark

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

I thought this was an English only forum. Don't mean to offend anyone but I am lost on some of these threads!!

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Amen,finally,a real guy magpakalalake
    mapakalalake ang mga lalaki at magpakababae ang mga babae Reaffirmation of your feminine side Nahhhh,forget that,theres a demarcation line twixt males and females defined by nature,no reason for a guy to step over the mark
    Finally someone with real balls..

bystander

If he wants to make a movie let him do what he wants. If you don't want to watch it, bugger off and have a beer. Or are u scared you gonna be sick watching a baby being born? Your point is crap. I think you be more at home in a bar when you girl could be having a hard time you don't give a monkeys. Enjoy your beer, your baby is in intensive care. Ya stupid idiot.
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    If he wants to make a movie let him do what he wants. If you don't want to watch it, bugger off and have a beer. Or are u scared you gonna be sick watching a baby being born? Your point is crap. I think you be more at home in a bar when you girl could be having a hard time you don't give a monkeys. Enjoy your beer, your baby is in intensive care. Ya stupid idiot.
    Yawn...

bystander

Gentlemen,some like to watch some dont,horses for courses,if we were all the same what a boring world it would be,but just because you werent in the delivery room isnt a stain or besmirchment on your parenting skills or a weakening of the bond with your kid,some guys just aint into that sort of thingand some guys are personal choice

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Yawn...

bystander
    Empathy does not make you less of man. Caring does not make you less of man. What you choose to do is not what I agree with. Life is precious&since you contributed 1 little sperm, you can do your best for your wife if you love her, because birth is still a stressful time no matter what. I detect a "I don't give a **** attitude" because its not you going through the pain, you are alright jack.

Perhaps you understand that annoys some guys, who don't want to take responsibility after they done the deed with the girl.

Are you going to be the bar with the guys throughout the babies life? Are you gay? You prefer male company than your own child.
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

I am disappointed with the tone of this thread. I was present at the birth of both my children and would not have had it any other way...........my partner INSISTED I be there anyway.............if she had not, then I would have left her to it - after all, we just PUT the baby there - subsequently it is the lady, giirl, girlfriend, wife who has to SUFFER - and suffer they do!

I find that this is another of those threads that should be left to the individual's point of view - and not become dictatorial, subjective or offensive.

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Amen,individual choice Some want,some dont

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information