Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bystander09 View Post
    OH please spare me this feminine outrage... It's you who is going off at various tangents trying to make emotional connections and imaginary scenarios...

Its getting late; should you not be occupying yourself with putting the kids to bed, and finishing the washing up..

bystander
    Yeah keep trying to push buttons to upset people

Jim

Banned
    OH please spare me this feminine outrage... It's you who is going off at various tangents trying to make emotional connections and imaginary scenarios...

Its getting late; should you not be occupying yourself with putting the kids to bed, and finishing the washing up..

bystander
    Sexist too....

Respected Member
    Beg to differ.. It is not expected, and in most cases is actually discouraged by delivery room staff in the PI.. Two of my kids were born in the PI, one in Makati Medical Centre, and one in a provincial hospital in Balanga Bataan.. At both locations men were PNG in the delivery room...

After 13 years in the PI, I have never met any Pinoy irrespective of social status that had been or wanted to be present in the delivery room..

You are just expounding Western feminist drivel and trying to plug it into a PI environment.. its not credible.. and does not work...

bystander
    I'm not expounding western feminist drivel and trying to plug it into a PI environment.....
    I don't even know that this is a western thing until now, but as far as my experience and real account is concerned, this is a filipino thing......
    And to me, it is a credible fact, because i've seen filipino men do this....
    You've been there 13 years, i've been there all my life, i think i certainly know what i'm talking about.....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    And I take it that you are an authority on the subject, then...
    Certainly not.. However being married to a Pinay for 23 years, living for 13 years in the PI, and having two kids born in the PI.. Probably more authoritative than quite a few on this thread..

bystander

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    This guy is trolling no amount of discussion or debate is going to change his views, it's his thread and the sensible folk have said all they can, a bit of thread drift is in order

Jim
    I agree with you jim, waste of time indeed and i'm done wasting my time on this guy.....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    I agree with you jim, waste of time indeed and i'm done wasting my time on this guy.....
    Surrender Flag?

Don't surrender Sofie you won !!!!!

Jim

Respected Member britishdetained's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    I beg to disagree, men are welcome in the delivery room in the philippines.
    My dad were in the delivery room when my mom gave birth to me and my sibblings......
    My brother is in the delivery room when his wife gave birth......
    My brothers in law were at the delivery room when my sisters gave birth...
    And a lot of my guy friends, neigbors and relatives did thesame thing....

And to me, these are the guys i consider "ballsy", because they are man enough to be there for their wives
    to give support and comfort as their wives go through the painful ordeal of giving birth....
    And i certainly don't think its fair for these men to be regarded as p***ssy whipped
    just because they made a choice to be good husbands and be by their wives side at the time they're needed the most.....
    Agree with Sophie, my dad was there when I was born! Same with most of my male relatives stayed with their wives at the labour room to the deliver room.

Kevin was and always there when I give birth., Nothing more joyful in the planet to be the first one to welcome your own child. But then its a choice...
    There once was a girl that believed in mankind, that there was still honor and chivalry that existed in everyone of us. She also believed that everyone deserves a chance to prove oneself individually and hoped that the courtesy would be returned. That girl is dead now, and all that is left is her shadow. To give one a chance to prove thyself is a chance for you to become dwindled in the dissappointment.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Amen,individual choice Some want,some dont
    Exactly! Bystander shouldn't be convincing his mate to stay out of the delivery room then right? He was excited in taking pictures or videos of his wife giving birth, so let him be... He (the mate) is not you (bystander).. so let him do what he wants...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Question for the ladies if I may,and I am sure they will read this Is it customary for Philippine guys to be in the room watching their childs birth or is this more a western concept?
    A few years back, most hospitals won't allow the fathers in the delivery room for fear that the fathers would panic and faint at the sight of blood... lately, most hospitals allow fathers to be in the delivery room if they want to and even allow them to cut the cord.. but that depends on the OB-GYNE and the hospital...

Banned

bystander
    typical male chauvinist pig I pity your wife... he has to deal with someone like you day in-day out... and i'm guessing, you look exactly like your avatar? poor poor you...

Message to Boss,
    why have you not banned this antagonistic dinosaur from this forum. He is deleiberately upsetting and goading memeber on here who actively and constructively support this website you have created. Trolling should not be encouraged.Tawi is right about encouraging debate and letting each view be heard bit this relative newbie (August 09) seems dead set on just aggravating and annoying members on here. Why is he tolerated?
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    And I take it that you are an authority on the subject, then...
    Sounds like he's been whipping his own too much and suffered brain damage
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Certainly not.. However being married to a Pinay for 23 years, living for 13 years in the PI, and having two kids born in the PI.. Probably more authoritative than quite a few on this thread..

bystander
    Gordon Brown has lived in the UK all his life and knows bugger all. Are you related to him?

After 13 years in the PI, I have never met any Pinoy irrespective of social status that had been or wanted to be present in the delivery room..
    Well to be totally honest, you don't really get to meet many people when in solitary in a mental hospital

Has anyone noticed that he is the only one that agrees with himself, and is so far up his own backside he doesn't realise the hole he's digging will be popping out near the South Pole any time now! I think it's just sad, and we should help people with mental health problems.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    typical male chauvinist pig
    AND PROUD OF IT...

bystander

does anyone remember alf garnet?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

btw those who display strong manly feeling are often in the closet,are you sure your not looking for some

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    He's your son!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scott&ligaya View Post
    Message to Boss,
    why have you not banned this antagonistic dinosaur from this forum. He is deleiberately upsetting and goading memeber on here who actively and constructively support this website you have created. Trolling should not be encouraged.Tawi is right about encouraging debate and letting each view be heard bit this relative newbie (August 09) seems dead set on just aggravating and annoying members on here. Why is he tolerated?
    May I remind you that you have no obligation to reply, and that there are alternative threads available for you to visit...

Its rather like the television, you know... with the channel switch... just because you don't like a programs content.. you change channels, rather than calling for the TV station to be taken off the air..

However, must close.. I would not like to disturb you any further.. I am sure there is plenty of housework for you to be getting on with..

bystander

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    He's your son!
    you mean hes going to be mocked and laughed at and turn into a grumpy old fart?.......hello bystander

Look up.....the sky is full of brown stars!

Banned
    you mean hes going to be mocked and laughed at and turn into a grumpy old fart?.......hello bystander
    Good morning,

Already there mate... have the t-shirt and proud...

bystander

Banned

Look up.....the sky is full of brown stars!

Have big umbrella... sky of no concern.. thanks for your concern..

bystander

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    typical male chauvinist pig I pity your wife... he has to deal with someone like you day in-day out... and i'm guessing, you look exactly like your avatar? poor poor you...
    AND PROUD OF IT...

bystander
    Poor you
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tiN View Post
    Poor you
    Firstly..

Good morning to the Pinay's resident in the conquered territories to North of the River Thames..

Thanks but no pity required..

bystander

Respected Member
    I was just about to say that

There is nothing on this earth that would have made me intentionally miss the birth of either of my kids.
    Its one of the most moving experiences ever, and I wanted to be there to support my (now ex) wife as well!

To my mind, nothing seems as uncaring as intentionally leaving your loved one to go through hours of pain without your support.

Video, naaah - its not the imagery you're after its the emotional impact and support you're there for- but definitely be there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MarBell379 View Post

Its one of the most moving experiences ever, and I wanted to be there to support my (now ex) wife as well!
    Well that kicks the bonding theory into touch..

bystander

Well that kicks the bonding theory into touch..
    It would if the baby was giving birth to the mother, but we have been talking about bonding with the child.

I take it in school you were always at the back of the class, and couldn't hear anything the teacher said!

Banned
    It would if the baby was giving birth to the mother, but we have been talking about bonding with the child.

I take it in school you were always at the back of the class, and couldn't hear anything the teacher said!
    Hail to the Almighty One.. Maybe if you gave up speed reading you would not come up with these Spooner inspired conclusions.. Do you need assistance concerning Spooner..??

bystander

So far you have not posted any posts of any use, all you have managed to do is prove time and time again that you live in a cocooned little world, about a century ago, and the only fan you have probably went down the toilet.

Plenty of forums exist for misguided, arrogant people like yourself, I suggest you find one, as no one on here likes you, that is quite clear, but you seem incapable of seeing past your own eyelids.

I'll take a shot here, but I bet your the ald guy who sits in the same place in the bar, for hours with 1/2 a glass of mild, smoking a rollup, and smelling of pee.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information