Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    Wouldn't they be at cock fighting?
    It was a pertinent enough question I just want to find out if this new age stuff is western in origin,how may children have you Gary?Were you at their births?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    It was a pertinent enough question I just want to find out if this new age stuff is western in origin,how may children have you Gary?Were you at their births?
    I was there in November but he appear in January just after I had to leave. So I did not get the chance. It sucked. He is called Connor.
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Thats a downer,but its just the way it played out,no fault on either side,these things happen and are part and parcel of fragmented LDR's,but everyone should calm down in this thread,its personal choice,we all live by different codes,preferences,opinions,some want to attend and some dont,I was outside drinking a cup of tea and reading a magazine article when my son appeared(to this day I sometimes wonder how the article ended)it doesnt make me a knuckle-dragging cro-magnon,neither does the guy who wants to watch wear panties and a dress in the privacy of his home(well,he might do)its just different strokes for different blokes

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Thats a downer,but its just the way it played out,no fault on either side,these things happen and are part and parcel of fragmented LDR's,but everyone should calm down in this thread,its personal choice,we all live by different codes,preferences,opinions,some want to attend and some dont,I was outside drinking a cup of tea and reading a magazine article when my son appeared(to this day I sometimes wonder how the article ended)it doesnt make me a knuckle-dragging cro-magnon,neither does the guy who wants to watch wear panties and a dress in the privacy of his home(well,he might do)its just different strokes for different blokes
    Well, what brings this home is, as men we boast of our achievements in industry, technology, science and conquer natures difficult obstacles.

At childbirth we do feel helpless and have lack of control of the situation(unless you are a trained midwife)
    Nature takes it course.

Husband present at the birth?

Banned
    Question for the ladies if I may,and I am sure they will read this Is it customary for Philippine guys to be in the room watching their childs birth or is this more a western concept?
    The women appear to be silent regarding this matter.. Two of my three kids were born in the PI, and men were very much NOT WELCOME in the delivery room, and no Filipino guy I have ever talked to in the PI had been or wanted to be present in the delivery room..

My hats off to them, Filipinos have always been sort of ballsy guys..

bystander

Quote Originally Posted by bystander09 View Post
    The women appear to be silent regarding this matter.. Two of my three kids were born in the PI, and men were very much NOT WELCOME in the delivery room, and no Filipino guy I have ever talked to in the PI had been or wanted to be present in the delivery room..

bystander
    I have to be honest with you,I was scratching my head and cant think of one single pinoy guy I know who told me he was at the birth of his child I will ask around

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    At childbirth we do feel helpless and have lack of control of the situation(unless you are a trained midwife)
    Nature takes it course.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7113125AAjswOH
    Indeed, and thats why its best to keep out of the way..

bystander

bystander
    Perhaps they are outside look up at the sky for Mr stork to come

Indeed, and thats why its best to keep out of the way..

bystander
    Maybe if they gave the man a vacuum cleaner to suck him out and make it easier. Then he would feel he is doing good.

Are you guys all bleeding for the next 3 days?

Simple solution, you get the missus to give birth in the pub. Sorted
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post

haha I said that already boss- I think you would prefer a big buxom viking lassie called Helga who drinks like a fish and spends all her time drinking more than you. Then when the times comes she just goes over to the corner and gets on with it.

I never read threads, I just look at the title and post, that's why most of the time it looks like I post crap!

Your sarcastic comments always are good laugh.Keep em coming

Respected Member
    I have to be honest with you,I was scratching my head and cant think of one single pinoy guy I know who told me he was at the birth of his child I will ask around
    That's probably why the nurses wouldn't let me into the delivery room at first, it's not expected

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    That's probably why the nurses wouldn't let me into the delivery room at first, it's not expected

Jim
    Could well be so,it will be interesting to hear from any of the ladies whether their dads,brothers,uncles or cousins actually living in Pinas have attended the birth of their child,is it customary? To be honest though my father wasnt at my birth,though he was at the conception

When I look at my kids, sometimes I think it would have been kinder to bring the afterbirth home instead

Respected Member
    Supporting you wife is one thing, but videoing it seems a bit extreme and wierd to be honest. But if thats your thing, go for it, nobody is stopping you!

Respected Member
    Question for the ladies if I may,and I am sure they will read this Is it customary for Philippine guys to be in the room watching their childs birth?
    YES Tawi, very much so.............
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Respected Member
    I beg to disagree, men are welcome in the delivery room in the philippines.
    My dad was in the delivery room when my mom gave birth to me and my sibblings......
    My brother was in the delivery room when his wife gave birth......
    My brothers in law were at the delivery room when my sisters gave birth...
    And a lot of my guy friends, neigbors and relatives did thesame thing....

And to me, these are the guys i consider "ballsy", because they are man enough to be there for their wives
    to give support and comfort as their wives go through the painful ordeal of giving birth....
    And i certainly don't think its fair for these men to be regarded as p***ssy whipped
    just because they made a choice to be good husbands and be by their wives side at the time they're needed the most.....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"

Respected Member

or get the husband to drink all the booze he can consume in the hospital with his mates

Respected Member
    Got to agree with the versatile and adaptation but in a delivery room up to your ankles in blood the floor awash with guts and the screams echoing around the room Everyones taking this topic very seriously
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, programme a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

I am sure there is room in there for "deliver a baby" as I am sure a lot of fronteirsmen had to do in the early days of America.

No prizes for working out where the quote comes from, google has long spoiled that game

I was trying to remember this quote in my original reply Tawi, I somehow have the feeling you may have read this book? but then again maybe not.

I'm still working on that list

Jim

Respected Member

Thinking outside the box

Jim

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    I beg to disagree, men are welcome in the delivery room in the philippines.
    My dad were in the delivery room when my mom gave birth to me and my sibblings......
    My brother is in the delivery room when his wife gave birth......
    My brothers in law were at the delivery room when my sisters gave birth...
    And a lot of my guy friends, neigbors and relatives did thesame thing....

And to me, these are the guys i consider "ballsy", because they are man enough to be there for their wives
    to give support and comfort as their wives go through the painful ordeal of giving birth....
    And i certainly don't think its fair for these men to be regarded as p***ssy whipped
    just because they made a choice to be good husbands and be there by their wives side at the time they're needed the most.....
    This is typical feminist pink revolution drivel, trying to associate being a good husband with a presence in the delivery room.. Again the delivery room is no place for a man. The males in this lady's family appear to be severely **ssy whipped, and in my opinion of very UNTYPICAL of your average Pinoy..

bystander

Every filipino woman wants their husbands to be at their bedside during the delivery as what Sophie had said but, because some hospitals don't allow that and so husbands just wait outside the delivery room. Every hospitals has different rules anyway. There is a waiting area just near the D.R. I can say that most of filipino men wants to be there during those times their wives need them most. Even if they aren't allowed they are just nearby and eagerly waiting for whatever news from the doctors.

When my sister gave birth her husband was the very first person to enter the room and took pictures and had video as well (after giving birth). Well, the doctor said after the mother then the father (bec he said the father should be the first one to see the baby) and followed by sisters or whoever was with him.

I haven't heard a guy having a hard booze in the pub or with his mates whilst his wife is in the delivery room. If that is happening in the Phils for sure the husband will have a negative impression from his friends and relatives...He will be regarded as "irresponsible husband"..
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Banned
    very UNTYPICAL of your average Pinoy..

bystander
    And I take it that you are an authority on the subject, then...

Respected Member
    This is typical feminist pink revolution drivel, trying to associate being a good husband with a presence in the delivery room.. Again the delivery room is no place for a man. The males in this lady's family appear to be severely **ssy whipped, and in my opinion of very UNTYPICAL of your average Pinoy..

bystander
    As much as you are entitled to voice out your personal view here, mocking and insulting the men in my family is way out of line!!!!
    And i will not let you ridicule the men i admired and look up to my whole life (specially my dad and my brothers)
    for being the outstanding and loving men that they are and have always been.....
    Voicing out your personal view and opinion is fine, but mocking and insulting those who think otherwise is certainly not fair

Banned
    YES Tawi, very much so.............
    Beg to differ.. It is not expected, and in most cases is actually discouraged by delivery room staff in the PI.. Two of my kids were born in the PI, one in Makati Medical Centre, and one in a provincial hospital in Balanga Bataan.. At both locations men were PNG in the delivery room...

After 13 years in the PI, I have never met any Pinoy irrespective of social status that had been or wanted to be present in the delivery room..

You are just expounding Western feminist drivel and trying to plug it into a PI environment.. its not credible.. and does not work...

bystander

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    And I take it that you are an authority on the subject, then...
    This guy is trolling no amount of discussion or debate is going to change his views, it's his thread and the sensible folk have said all they can, a bit of thread drift is in order

Jim

Respected Member
    As much as you are entitled to voice out your personal view here, mocking and insulting the men in my family is way out of line!!!!
    And i will not let you ridicule the men i admired and look up to my whole life (specially my dad and my brothers)
    for being the outstanding and loving men that they are and have always been.....
    Voicing out your personal view and opinion is fine, but mocking and insulting those who think otherwise is certainly not fair
    Well said Sophie

Jim

Banned
    OH please spare me this feminine outrage... It's you who is going off at various tangents trying to make emotional connections and imaginary scenarios...

Its getting late; should you not be occupying yourself with putting the kids to bed, and finishing the washing up..

bystander

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information