Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Judges raffling?

Hi! Guys,

I have some question on here about getting the judges for the wedding. Is it really need that the judges will be the one to give the date of your wedding? I sorted things and it is our problem here for now because we just fix the date of our wedding this coming October.. as they said they change the policy and we need to follow their new policy for getting judges after submitting the papers they do a raffles on it and after the raffling we will know who's judge will handle the wedding then it is the time we will know when the wedding date is as he/ she is the one giving it.. it is so frustrating to think so far from now as we didn't expected it.

Anyone experiences on this matter when they do there wedding here in Cagayan de Oro? your opinion is highly appreciated ... thanks

Sim and ladybug

I am Ladybugs fiance....this seems like a complete nonsense. We already have our wedding booked, with a venue.

Now we are being told we have to be put in a raffle to get a judge, who will then tell us where & when we can get married.

I just cannot believe this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug_sim View Post
    Hi! Guys,

I have some question on here about getting the judges for the wedding. Is it really need that the judges will be the one to give the date of your wedding? I sorted things and it is our problem here for now because we just fix the date of our wedding this coming October.. as they said they change the policy and we need to follow their new policy for getting judges after submitting the papers they do a raffles on it and after the raffling we will know who's judge will handle the wedding then it is the time we will know when the wedding date is as he/ she is the one giving it.. it is so frustrating to think so far from now as we didn't expected it.

Anyone experiences on this matter when they do there wedding here in Cagayan de Oro? your opinion is highly appreciated ... thanks

Sim and ladybug
    In this situation money talks and the best thing to do is contact a judge directly and negotiate a fee for marrying you on your preferred date, He/She will charge you much more than the standard fee, but whoever performs the marriage ceremony, they will charge much more when they find out a foriegner is involved anyway. If you know anyone who knows a judge there in CDO it would be better to contact the judge through someone else rather than at the courthouse where other palms may also have to be greased. As I say, it will be much more expensive, P5,000 or maybe even P10,000, but at least your in control of the situation.

By the way, try to do a deal whereby you pay the judge so much up front and the rest when he turns up to perform the nuptials.

Iain.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    In this situation money talks and the best thing to do is contact a judge directly and negotiate a fee for marrying you on your preferred date, He/She will charge you much more than the standard fee, but whoever performs the marriage ceremony, they will charge much more when they find out a foriegner is involved anyway. If you know anyone who knows a judge there in CDO it would be better to contact the judge through someone else rather than at the courthouse where other palms may also have to be greased. As I say, it will be much more expensive, P5,000 or maybe even P10,000, but at least your in control of the situation.

By the way, try to do a deal whereby you pay the judge so much up front and the rest when he turns up to perform the nuptials.

Iain.
    Hi! Sir Iain, thanks for the reply. Yes, I think for that too as money matters involve but it is really there requirement here for now even one of my friend's judges as she is the one we contact this time .. one of friend lawyer help me for these things but still same result ..she said that they can do marrying unless we under go to the raffling and after that it goes for ... we expected on it but it is only my concern now if they give us the date which not the date we are expected ... they recommend us one judge to Opol proper near here in the city but my lawyer friend said that the judge can't handle for the wedding because she is not in the City so still wasting of time ... our choices this time to under go for the raffles

Oh, I never thought it is the amount I really hope not too expensive on it hope not.... ..just don't want to do under the table as it is really I dont like .. it is my experiences when I am applying as a teacher before and I can't go on that way ... For the payment, we only paid there inside the court of what they required but different payment when we out the judges so I think some more

Hi! Sir Iain, thanks for the reply. Yes, I think for that too as money matters involve but it is really there requirement here for now even one of my friend's judges as she is the one we contact this time .. one of friend lawyer help me for these things but still same result ..she said that they can do marrying unless we under go to the raffling and after that it goes for ... we expected on it but it is only my concern now if they give us the date which not the date we are expected ... they recommend us one judge to Opol proper near here in the city but my lawyer friend said that the judge can't handle for the wedding because she is not in the City so still wasting of time ... our choices this time to under go for the raffles

Oh, I never thought it is the amount I really hope not too expensive on it hope not.... ..just don't want to do under the table as it is really I dont like .. it is my experiences when I am applying as a teacher before and I can't go on that way ... For the payment, we only paid there inside the court of what they required but different payment when we out the judges so I think some more
    Do you live in the city? Because we were told that we could also marry in My wife's barangay and also if we had a valid marriage licence we could then marry anywhere in the Philippines with that. You don't happen to know a mayor do you? Because they can also perform a wedding ceremony. Also if you can manage to contact a judge directly, I'm sure they will do it, because I'm sure that whatever the local rules are, they won't turn down the chance to marry a foriegner and earn themselves a few thousand pesos. I would also contact your friends lawyer again and tell them how desperate you are to marry on this particular day and ask, "How Much Will It Cost". In my experience anything you want can be bought in the Philippines........ for a price.

Iain.

Do you live in the city? Because we were told that we could also marry in My wife's barangay and also if we had a valid marriage licence we could then marry anywhere in the Philippines with that. You don't happen to know a mayor do you? Because they can also perform a wedding ceremony. Also if you can manage to contact a judge directly, I'm sure they will do it, because I'm sure that whatever the local rules are, they won't turn down the chance to marry a foriegner and earn themselves a few thousand pesos. I would also contact your friends lawyer again and tell them how desperate you are to marry on this particular day and ask, "How Much Will It Cost". In my experience anything you want can be bought in the Philippines........ for a price.

Iain.
    Yes, I live here in the City ... but I really don't know some person doing like these .... coz for my living here i didnt attend parties or wedding just for Theresa dave when they invited me before ... so i have little ideas on it but I try to sorted out and we can do it when my bug is here so he will knows everything what things happening too and he can share his opinion..

If it is in the province, well I can say that we don't have any problems on it as lots of people can help me for that too but it is not a good idea for me as you know what happen before ... just in short stories and I dont want to get it back or think it back my families will be here in this time too even my two sisters and brother-in-law come just for the wedding and bug's brother.. Only we want to have a safe and peaceful wedding that everybody feels the happiness and enjoy on it nothing to ask for as it is the things we wanna be just have a think if it will be messed up.. but any way, I am so thankful for your advice and yes, we keep contacted with my lawyer friend and we will do and update here too as it is all for us especially those who are getting married or having fiancee here in CDO ... cheers to all and we wish all thing be ok here

Banned

Talking

ladybug/simon contact MRS T I AM SURE SHE CAN HELP YOU some of our sponsers where vice mayor ect or why not get our reverent to sort out for you he will not try to rip you off

Banned
    My dad can officiate... in Davao though... hehehe...

Anyway, yes... they need to do the raffling so as to avoid having to pay for a judge (just like what Iain suggested) and have a wedding outside the courtroom... civil weddings, as a policy, must be done at the Judge's chambers... I do hope that you go through the right process (although there are still those that do not follow this policy) ... I do not agree though that you can't choose your date.. that's absurd! You can't choose the judge, but you can always choose the date... hayy...

Good luck!

Iain.
    I have to agree with Iain Mayor can officiate a wedding as well, inquire to your town/city hall for this procedure I assumed if the Mayor will not be available to the said date of your wedding he/she can send representative to officiate with the ceremony maybe the Secretary/Vice Mayor or other Official but from the Marriage Ceritificate the Mayor has the signature in it. I've been aware to that procedure as I got an uncle Mayor in our town if only you can get married in our town for sure you will not get any hassle
    Goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    ladybug/simon contact MRS T I AM SURE SHE CAN HELP YOU some of our sponsers where vice mayor ect or why not get our reverent to sort out for you he will not try to rip you off
    contact Mrs. T quick lucky couple they have ninong&ninang like them
    I hope and pray you sorted out soon..
    Best Wishes..Sim and Ladybug
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LEAHnew View Post
    ......I assumed if the Mayor will not be available to the said date of your wedding he/she can send representative to officiate with the ceremony maybe the Secretary/Vice Mayor or other Official but from the Marriage Ceritificate the Mayor has the signature in it.
    Only the following people can LEGALLY officiate a wedding ceremony:

1. Mayor
    2. Judge
    3. Authorized minister or priest

... not secretary or Vice Mayor... or else you will be creating an irregularity on your marriage even if the Judge or the Mayor's signature is affixed to it... the operative word is OFFICIATE.. meaning, he/she was the one who personally marry the couple...

If you can't get a judge to agree on your wedding date, you can still look for a minister who is authorized to marry... consider also that not all ministers, priests, or pastors are authorized to officiate a wedding...

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    Only the following people can LEGALLY officiate a wedding ceremony:

1. Mayor
    2. Judge
    3. Authorized minister or priest

... not secretary or Vice Mayor... or else you will be creating an irregularity on your marriage even if the Judge or the Mayor's signature is affixed to it... the operative word is OFFICIATE.. meaning, he/she was the one who personally marry the couple...

If you can't get a judge to agree on your wedding date, you can still look for a minister who is authorized to marry... consider also that not all ministers, priests, or pastors are authorized to officiate a wedding...
    Oh pardon me madam I witness those scenarios when I was in Phil., I never realise it was improper maybe it was a hidden agenda
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Thanks all

Just another hurdle to get over....Dave I'll get Ladybug to contact Mrs T

I'm flying out there next wednesday now, a week earlier than planned, so we can sort things out....We wanna get married, not play b****y BINGO! with the judges

Thanks Iain,Trader Dave, Florge & Leah

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    My dad can officiate... in Davao though... hehehe...

Anyway, yes... they need to do the raffling so as to avoid having to pay for a judge (just like what Iain suggested) and have a wedding outside the courtroom... civil weddings, as a policy, must be done at the Judge's chambers... I do hope that you go through the right process (although there are still those that do not follow this policy) ... I do not agree though that you can't choose your date.. that's absurd! You can't choose the judge, but you can always choose the date... hayy...

Good luck!
    My wife and I were married by a judge and we got married at Kings Haven which is now Kingstone Lodge not in the judge's chambers.
    Iain.

hi ladybug/sim,

I was wed in CDO back 2007, and we were lucky that we didn't encounter such probs. we filed marriage license in Opol, but I want to be registered in the city so then we went to hall of justice to see a certain judge ( a close friend of my friend ) to ask her if she is free on the date that we like and she chose to officiate in her courtroom because she was busy on that date and we only paid the standard fees there in hall of justice...maybe as u have said new policy... as others suggested why not contact a certain judge/mayor directly that u like her/him to officiate? Hope u sort it out and happy wedding!
    ----------------------------------------------
    "FAILURE IS NOT DEFEAT UNLESS U STOP TRYING"

Quote Originally Posted by jta View Post
    hi ladybug/sim,

I was wed in CDO back 2007, and we were lucky that we didn't encounter such probs. we filed marriage license in Opol, but I want to be registered in the city so then we went to hall of justice to see a certain judge ( a close friend of my friend ) to ask her if she is free on the date that we like and she chose to officiate in her courtroom because she was busy on that date and we only paid the standard fees there in hall of justice...maybe as u have said new policy... as others suggested why not contact a certain judge/mayor directly that u like her/him to officiate? Hope u sort it out and happy wedding!
    Thank you jta....your help is gratefuly appreciated

Once again thanks to the reply here ... thank you my bug for be here on the thread too... I sorted it out this day again with my friend ate jocelyn as she is married in civil but still things the same coz we know that before, we can pick up the judges easily and they are there at the City Hall but for now they do marriages or arranges it to the Hall of Justice .. Yes, if you got married to Opol it is good as the Judges can handle it with no raffling but she can't handle when it is inside the City as we have Judges on here too. The office of registrar advice me for that or what we can do after the raffling so i think it would be ok just need my bug to be here then we will sorted it out... we so thankful for all your opinion here and I we will take some of the advices too .. for now we do pray and hope that everything be ok at all

[QUOTE=Florge;170184]My dad can officiate... in Davao though... hehehe...

I do not agree though that you can't choose your date.. that's absurd! You can't choose the judge, but you can always choose the date... hayy...

Hi! Florge, thanks... If your dad wanna be here much better then. We wish for that but we know that they can't handle marriages if it is not their area ... I said Yes, that we cant get our own date for the wedding as the Judges will be the one give it to you for there availability of the day so they really the one choose it but the registrar said lately that we just need to talk personal to the judge then things be ok on it as long as the Judges is available for that day and if not they said they have a pairing judges we can sort it soon and thanks for all your concerned here ...

just need plenty of

Respected Member
    I hope you are considering a registered minister. As in our time, no judge was available that they, but people in the city hall referred us to a registered Christian Minister who performed the rites of our marriage.

We didn't encounter any problems in securing the NSO certified copy of the marriage certificate after.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    just need plenty of
    hmmmmmm yes, if you go through you spend some more or plenty of money if you not be wise and careful of dealing with them but we will sort it on ... or else

Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
    I hope you are considering a registered minister. As in our time, no judge was available that they, but people in the city hall referred us to a registered Christian Minister who performed the rites of our marriage.

We didn't encounter any problems in securing the NSO certified copy of the marriage certificate after.
    Hi! yes, we considering a registered minister too but I am devoted to Roman Catholic and my bug is a Protestant so what we agreed that we will have a civil wedding for a judges not for the Minister and my family will be said no for that but still we will see what we can do on it ... we thanks and appreciated your opinion !

Respected Member
    oh don't get me wrong, i am a devoted catholic myself. but that's the only choice we had during that day. otherwise, my husband would have to exhaust his days allowable to stay as a tourist if we get to still wait for the availability of the judge.

but he came back after a few months and we got married in the catholic church.

oh, i really hope you can sort things for you and your fiance. best wishes and kind regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
    oh don't get me wrong, i am a devoted catholic myself. but that's the only choice we had during that day. otherwise, my husband would have to exhaust his days allowable to stay as a tourist if we get to still wait for the availability of the judge.

but he came back after a few months and we got married in the catholic church.

oh, i really hope you can sort things for you and your fiance. best wishes and kind regards.
    Thank you Braveheart, I don't think there is anything else we can do now until I am there. I will arrive in Manila next thursday & hope to change my CNI friday....We will then go straight to CDO & submit our papers at the Registrars, we can only follow their rules at the moment......Our intended wedding date is 8th october, so we have a bit of leeway hopefully, to get the result we would like.

Respected Member
    wow that's good to hear! yes, still plenty of time. ...(not unlike ours...have to squeeze everything in his 21 days of his stay including the CNI, the marriage license, the catholic church dispensation - because he is agnostic, etc. etc.)

oh i hope all the best for you guys.

Banned

Talking

Hi! yes, we considering a registered minister too but I am devoted to Roman Catholic and my bug is a Protestant so what we agreed that we will have a civil wedding for a judges not for the Minister and my family will be said no for that but still we will see what we can do on it ... we thanks and appreciated your opinion !

me protestant MRS T catholic pastor protestant = no problem we never done any running around pastor done everything he may be old but as you know he is a comedian

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LEAHnew View Post
    Oh pardon me madam I witness those scenarios when I was in Phil., I never realise it was improper maybe it was a hidden agenda
    not improper... but illegal.. kung makalusot, why not right? these are the things that make Pinas "shi**y" ... with all these kurakot... but then, on the brighter side, that wedding you witnessed can be a good subject for annullment.. di na sila magkaka-problema... at least they can point that out as a reason ...

Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    me protestant MRS T catholic pastor protestant = no problem we never done any running around pastor done everything he may be old but as you know he is a comedian
    I think the problem is more Ladybugs parents wouldn't be too happy with that situation....just trying to find a happy medium.

Whatever happens, we'll be married

hello ladybug_sim me and my husband got married in cdo last year. . When we applied at the civil registrar for our marriage license the guys there that receives the form ask me if i wanted a judge, I declined cause i have other arrangement already (got married in a catholic church) but just ask them cause they might also be able to help you with that. Me and my husband wish you and sim11uk the very best.

Quote Originally Posted by acs View Post
    hello ladybug_sim me and my husband got married in cdo last year. . When we applied at the civil registrar for our marriage license the guys there that receives the form ask me if i wanted a judge, I declined cause i have other arrangement already (got married in a catholic church) but just ask them cause they might also be able to help you with that. Me and my husband wish you and sim11uk the very best.
    Thanks acs that's very kind of you.

Banned

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    I think the problem is more Ladybugs parents wouldn't be too happy with that situation....just trying to find a happy medium.

Whatever happens, we'll be married

compromise compromise thats the main thing you are getting married

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information