Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I cant say that much about this topic as im only hoping to find my other half too....but i believe that if someone has proved herself or himself enough that he or she is sincere and serious to that online relationship, i believe like others it will come true and indeed a successful relationship from online to real world....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Margarita View Post
    I cant say that much about this topic as im only hoping to find my other half too....but i believe that if someone has proved herself or himself enough that he or she is sincere and serious to that online relationship, i believe like others it will come true and indeed a successful relationship from online to real world....
    I agree

me desperate? me, i think i will hold fire on making a comment for fear of being banned!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    I've been toying with this question for awhile now. I guess it's in part my own feelings and also reading/hearing stories of guys who have made that journey for a girl they've met online, some succesfull, some not so.

I was just wondering how it was for the folks here? Did you fall totally in love before you even met in person, or was it something that built over a number of visits.

Just being a nosey bugger really Tell me to go mind my own business if you like

My answer is a reserved yes.

In that, it depends on the depth of the individuals involved and their own maturity level and it is also contingent upon meeting with the right person with whom you gel.

So on this level, I'd say there's more than just a single Yes or No answer to that question.

In my experience, it's YES, I fell in love with my wife before I met her in person. Although, it's NO, I didn't fall in love with other girls I met before her online.

On that note, there are a huge range of opinions ranging from "you can't say for def you love someone online" to those who say "you can't say you love someone until you have sex with them".

Or ... ranging from the deep, thinking types to the . . . shallow, carnal types.

All, of course, in my HUMBLE opinion

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemallorca View Post
    I guess how desperate you are and what standards you have... You really need to be with the person to know them, they could have terrible habits like picking there toes, or a skin disorder, you never know until you spend some time with them,,,,.. but as i said it all depends on how desperate you are
    But look, maybe someone likes it when you pick your toes? Who knows?

Also, please read my above post for more info

Ah emails and text cannot show everything about a person. i think you fall for the personality, first in typing and seeing each other in cam. Both of you have something in common.Develop the conversations about life, attitudes and morals from there.

But when face-to-face and real happen, then you check if the chemistry works. That's the most important. How do you get along in the real situation.
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Banned
    Although, the sheer volume of conversation that you have in a LDR is much more comprehensive than if you are together.

I mean, if you have a 3 hour convo on the phone of a saturday afternoon with your GF who's on the other side of the world . . . you actually talk for 3 hours.

Most couples who are together don't actually do that. We get sidetracked, distracted, or occupied with other things.

We go to the cinema together, then to a concert, all the time being performed to, we converse shallowly for 20 mins to end the evening, followed by ... boink,

OR,

We talk, non-stop for 3 hours, ... as we know each other longer and deeper, the convo gets more heart to heart . . .

I think that actually LDR's (long distance relationships) are more strong and stable, in terms of knowing the other person, than close-by relationships!

Does it stop tampo? How to stop that?
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    I've been toying with this question for awhile now. I guess it's in part my own feelings and also reading/hearing stories of guys who have made that journey for a girl they've met online, some succesfull, some not so.

I was just wondering how it was for the folks here? Did you fall totally in love before you even met in person, or was it something that built over a number of visits.

Just being a nosey bugger really Tell me to go mind my own business if you like
    IT'S POSSIBLE BUT THE REAL QUESTION IS,,ARE YOU REALLY IN LOVE wITH THE PERSON OR JUST THE IDEA OF BEING IN LOVE????I STILL BELIEVE IN OLD FASHION LOVE wHERE U TRULLY MEET EACH OTHER IN PERSON FIRST BEFORE GIVING YOUR wHOLESELF (EMOTIONS AND ALL)OR TRYING TO CONVINCE YOURSELF YOU'RE IN LOVE wITH THIS GUY YOU HAVENT EVEN MET YET...

Quote Originally Posted by James Hubbard View Post
    Although, the sheer volume of conversation that you have in a LDR is much more comprehensive than if you are together.

I mean, if you have a 3 hour convo on the phone of a saturday afternoon with your GF who's on the other side of the world . . . you actually talk for 3 hours.

Most couples who are together don't actually do that. We get sidetracked, distracted, or occupied with other things.

We go to the cinema together, then to a concert, all the time being performed to, we converse shallowly for 20 mins to end the evening, followed by ... boink,

OR,

We talk, non-stop for 3 hours, ... as we know each other longer and deeper, the convo gets more heart to heart . . .

I think that actually LDR's (long distance relationships) are more strong and stable, in terms of knowing the other person, than close-by relationships!
    I TOTALLY AGREE,wE CAN NEVER GET TIRED OF TALKING 24/7 IN SKYPE EVEN ON THE FON...

Quote Originally Posted by James Hubbard View Post

OR,

Spot on in the UK on a rountine night we are busy doing our own thing or both knackered from work only when we are seperated due to one is away from home or what not do we chat fully for hours..
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Speaking as a man, my answer is yes and no. Like any relationship, you don't fall in love at first sight, you fall in lust. But lust only makes you look, and maybe approach, it's not enough to make a relationship. Getting to know a person, the similarities, the differences, that's when love is born. You dont need to be in the same room for that, you can be anywhere. But at some point, you have to go to the next level and make love real. So get off the internet and go meet her.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information