Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Totally agree, Tawi, and everybody else who says it's impossible to feel love online. Easy to build up an infatuation, but true love only comes about when you've shared the experiences you only can in person. As Born says, it's a great way to get to know somebody well. Thank God for the interent!

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    its deeper than that.
    deep enough for you?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Smile

fall in love online, i agree.. but some people cant understand that, i think because they have'nt experienced to fall in love online..
    CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

in my own experience phone calls also are essential, sometimes the pitch of a Pinay's voice can sound surprising for a western ear
    An excellent point, most people who knew me at this forum, knows about my courtship with my Gina, it went on for a while, but we chatted for 3 months online from October until December, and by that time, I was quite happy to confess my feelings to her, in true Filipina courtship style, she was playing cool, and pakipot, but confessed she felt same, although she told me, she was surprised to say it so soon after meeting me.

The first phone call I made back then, (before skype was prevalent) and VOIP was so popular, was on Orange and cost me £45.00 I wont forget the cost of that one, and we always joke about it.

The sound of her voice made all the difference, and finally put the finishing touches to my feelings, when she spoke back then, I melted and was weak at the knees, thats how it was, now 5 years on, I have to put up with her reklamo, and yes its still the same voice, although I don't go weak at the knees, I go weak from doting on me..ha haha.
    which leads me to a new thread, I will start on this very subject it will be entitled,

So after the honeymoon is over, do you still feel the same way as you did the first time, you left for the airport to collect her, (or come back with her to UK accompanied)>

Banned
    Pete,

There should be a subforum just for your articles Excellent reads, thanks for taking the time to write them.

Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    I've been toying with this question for awhile now. I guess it's in part my own feelings and also reading/hearing stories of guys who have made that journey for a girl they've met online, some succesfull, some not so.

I was just wondering how it was for the folks here? Did you fall totally in love before you even met in person, or was it something that built over a number of visits.

Just being a nosey bugger really Tell me to go mind my own business if you like
    Everything is possible, you have the moment of truth after you tried, but nothing is for sure.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Everyone of us has a unique experiences and thoughts in terms of love but for now adays net is one way to communicate people and the person you will like someday through this you learn how people in the other side talking each other... Yes, you don't see them in person just only talking and seeing on cam live but it is the things we should learn too that in a day or night talking, we can shared our thoughts, we can do laugh with them, smile and cry or can say anything what we feel ... it is mean that from day to day, weeks, months or years to come we always knowing and learning the person we are talking.. through online person if you are feel comfortable to him or her you are free so say anything right? and it is one on how you felt confidence to your self with him/her ... i didn't mean that knowing person in a time, or just for a week or one month is enough, knowing the person you want is for everyday in life when you are together it is not mean for physical but for what deep inside of their selves is the most important ... but still we need to be careful on falling in love online because net so far is lot of lies some uses for fun, for businesses, and they didn't mine they hurting others.. so if you fell in love online make sure that you control things and make sure that you have left something for you so when time come or if you know that she / he is not good to be still you can hold your self mean it is not too hurt for you to let go ... hmmm i learn lots of things but only my bug i can trust and love for now and forever even we are still far from each other but soon it is our big day to go in our life ... cheers and smile to all!!

Banned
    well, it is possible to feel attracted to someone online... but love is a decision.. and should be done with much thinking and logic.. and feeling of course.. and can only be made when you finally meet...

Is It Possible To Fall In Love Online?

I suppose it IS ... after a fashion! At least, Infatuation is! But a great deal will, undoubtedly, be influenced by the amount of time and effort two people are prepared to expend in getting to know one another sufficiently well in the process ... so as to be able to build up a mutual trust and rapport BEFORE "diving head-first" into a situation that COULD, in all probability, affect the lives of each "for better or for worse"... as the 'institution' of marriage infers.

It goes without saying, however, that NOTHING should be taken for granted UNTIL the couple [ANY couple] concerned have actually MET IN PERSON and spent enough time doing things TOGETHER (N.B. I'm NOT referring to ) and/or *in the company of others ... *which, ideally, will include their respective families and friends.

When all is said and done, that is PRECISELY the reason why the British Embassy makes such a big "stooshie" about the prerequisites for couples applying for Fiancee and Settlement Visas ... to actively discourage - and hopefully forestall - any marriage that is likely to be seen as having taken place for the sake of "convenience".

So, in conclusion, I would urge any budding 'Don Juans' to tread warily, prior to committing themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Most guys have don more than Juan arthur ( I just realised,thats a Nigel sort of joke).
    YOURS or Nigels ... it's a good 'un!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    well, it is possible to feel attracted to someone online... but love is a decision.. and should be done with much thinking and logic.. and feeling of course.. and can only be made when you finally meet...
    I think you're right in your comment, Florge.
    I think there is nothing that can be compared to loving your partner when he or she is next to you.
    So, for all of you "internet lovers" look forward to how it will feel when you are together.
    If you feel in love now "bbbbbbaby, you ain't seen nnnnnnothing yet"

davao city phil. but currently here in uk
    i dont believe on love at first sight...Attraction or lust at first sight is a big YES...coz LOVE grows in my opinion...

Respected Member
    I fell in love online

As long as the other person shows their true side, and doesn't hide behind an "internet persona", I don't see why it can't happen. Other than little quirks which might not be possible to see online, you can get to know about 99% of someones personality online. Problems occur when the person has just been flat out lying about who they are, and obviously can't keep this lie up in person

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Yes i believe that you fall in love through online only. That is mostly happen now because of a cell phone or computer.

i think you can fall in love with someone online but maybe its because you want them to be the perfect person &that illusion can last longer online than if you do meet.i used to be online every sunday for about 5-6 hours .then when i actually went to the philippines heide was very quiet @first,but we got on fine in the end.i wouldnt hesitate to travel if you think you love someone what can you lose?only money @worst you will have seen a very different country.if it doesnt workout."we been together"for over two years now.i would never have thought that possible

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tuft249 View Post
    then when i actually went to the philippines heide was very quiet @first,but we got on fine in the end
    That's a good sign I would not expect otherwise, how many pretty blind (it still is if you have only met online) dates have you ever been on in the UK? that is not an easy game to play I only did it once and that was 25 years ago

Good that you are still together after a couple of years, sounds like a good start!

Jim

In my view the answer is, "it depends". It depends on how we individually define falling in love. I had a strong belief that I had found the lady I wanted to marry way before we had met in person. That's because she ticked all the major boxes I was aware of as well as many others I had not even considered. I was extremly concerned about her joys, health, well being long before we met, yearned for her and considered her in all key things - is that not love. Our first meeting only added to that.
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

wife and i met online. got to know each other first but i honestly think that i was in love with her before i went over to meet her.Wouldn,t change her in anyway

Banned

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by badrock View Post
    wife and i met online. got to know each other first but i honestly think that i was in love with her before i went over to meet her.Wouldn,t change her in anyway
    I agree Badrock I fell in love with my bebe on-line...If I had of been told this is what would happen to me before it happened, I would of never believed it.

Yes, it's all very easy to look at your dictionaries for meaning of words and such but, 'love' is so complex. I think most people on here of advancing years do have the experience of life and relationships will agree.

For a start when I was looking I had no questionaire to hand ticking boxes! Joke! so settle down.

I just knew that as soon as we met and saw each other on cam, that was it for me yes, I was smitten first but, within 5 days we confessed our love for each other.

Some people play there whole life playing safe, afraid to make mistakes, too ashamed to say to there family and friends, 'yes, I messed up' These are the folk who generally get bitter and resent others for 'having a go'.

We are what we are and we can't change ourselves, you take risks or you don't, yes, life is that simple.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    I agree Badrock I fell in love with my bebe on-line...If I had of been told this is what would happen to me before it happened, I would of never believed it.

Yes, it's all very easy to look at your dictionaries for meaning of words and such but, 'love' is so complex. I think most people on here of advancing years do have the experience of life and relationships will agree.

For a start when I was looking I had no questionaire to hand ticking boxes! Joke! so settle down.

I just knew that as soon as we met and saw each other on cam, that was it for me yes, I was smitten first but, within 5 days we confessed our love for each other.

Some people play there whole life playing safe, afraid to make mistakes, too ashamed to say to there family and friends, 'yes, I messed up' These are the folk who generally get bitter and resent others for 'having a go'.

We are what we are and we can't change ourselves, you take risks or you don't, yes, life is that simple.
    i agree to my gWaPito..

" anyone who has never made a mistake
    has never tried anything new".
    CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    the internet is just another way to meet people,im not sure if you can fall in love just by chatting on ym and webcam?

but you will be surprised just how much you can get to know another person by chatting online and by what each other says it possible to be attracted to each other but until you meet in person and you both click,you will never know?
    sounds right to me bornatbirth.
    If it's not life threatening IGNORE it .. .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
    i agree to my gWaPito..

" anyone who has never made a mistake
    has never tried anything new".
    I'm still laughing about your 'pig sick'

well it worked for me, fell in love with her webcam, meeting in person just confirmed it!! was enough to get married the next time we met.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven View Post
    well it worked for me, fell in love with her webcam, meeting in person just confirmed it!! was enough to get married the next time we met.
    We both the same

Banned
    You fell in love with her webcam?

Quote Originally Posted by fharz View Post
    Yes i believe that you fall in love through online only. That is mostly happen now because of a cell phone or computer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information