Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Challenge me

Banned
    Sounds good to me

But Jollibee will probably be my "easing in" to food in Pinas. First thing when I get there is to have about 5+ hours alone in Manila airport, so at some point I am going to get some food. Likely Jollibee, otherwise it'll be Maccie D's which is pretty sad to go round the world and the first thing you eat is a big mac Unless, it is in the states

The sad thing when I was in Thailand on my second trip, I ended up eating exclusively at western places in the end, after none stop stomach cramps and heartburn from some of the local stuff. I went back to the old burgers and pizza's, and the old tourist favorite - club sandwhich And the place we will spend our first 3 days together is owned by a canadian man and his pinay wife, so I am expecting mainly western food, don't think I'll eat like a pinoy till I get to Barilli. And then I reckon Bukidnon will be prety much pinoy only food...

Banned
    Actually, going fishing in Camiguin and eating it sounds like an excellent idea Back to nature and something not done in Manchester (wouldn't want to eat anything out of the canal )

By the way, Tawi, how many pesos does a pig cost in Pinas? Pretty sure I'm buying one for lechon, so was wondering Also, don't think I will kill it myself (not done so before so don't want to mess up with the blade) but I will probably help hold it down and disgust all my veggie facebook friends

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    By the way, Tawi, how many pesos does a pig cost in Pinas? Pretty sure I'm buying one for lechon, so was wondering Also, don't think I will kill it myself (not done so before so don't want to mess up with the blade) but I will probably help hold it down and disgust all my veggie facebook friends
    Trust me, it will be a challenge to hold the pig down while its being cut, blood dripping all over as it screams for mercy
    Poor pig I think i might as well go vegetarian then
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

i cant say that jollibee is that good,but for the money you cant complain!

theres no need to go native theres plenty decent food to eat where ever you are going,but it all depends what your gf will like to do.

i have to admit when i travel that far why just eat the same food i can here,without trying any of the local cuisine?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Theres a couple of you hold it down Soph,and you can tie its mouth to stop it squealing,its all over with very quickly,however much it squeals and struggles its still going on a one way ride to piggy-heaven
    or going on a one way ride to the grill and on to the feast table
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"

Respected Member
    At least its quick Not like when the local guys beat a dog to death Then the noise really is piteous
    true, very inhumane

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    i cant say that jollibee is that good,but for the money you cant complain!

theres no need to go native theres plenty decent food to eat where ever you are going,but it all depends what your gf will like to do.

i have to admit when i travel that far why just eat the same food i can here,without trying any of the local cuisine?
    I think in the modern age we are in, with global companies having their products in each and every country (Coca-Cola, nestle etc). It is getting more and more difficult to get "authentic" cuisine whilst travelling. However, food and culture are always evolving. Like the Spaniards influenced the food of the Philippines and the Chinese as well, now it is the turn of the McDonalds or the Pizza Hut companies to change the native food away from it's traditional routes. Now, the only bad thing I find in this, is that these companies sells type's of food which are terrible nutritionally speaking. So evolving down the path towards burgers and pizza's is pretty bad for a society

But then, a Pizza does taste awesome when done right

Banned
    Thanks Tawi, I was thinking some smart @$$ pinoy would try and double the price to me But, a 30kg pig would be good enough. Enough to feed a family, then a few San Miguels to top it off and I'm everyones best friend for a day

Banned
    Giving a lechon and beer I think even the guys might come on to you later on during the party But thats the price down 'T market today,3500.
    Think I'll stick like glue to Rizza then...

Hi Northerner,
    was not able to read through the whole page of those replies.. so not sure if my inputs has been suggested or so.... Again, this depend on your interest and endurance skills.... Peace to Rizza in case she won't agree on some!

1. Food Wise..
    - Balut
    - Azucena (dogs meet)
    - Bopis ( pigs intestine)
    - Sitcharon Bulaklak
    - Barbq ( Chicken Head,Chicken Feet, Chicken Blood, Chicken Intestine)
    - Ginataang Suso/Snail
    - Tinolang Palaka/ Frog
    - Kalderetang Kambing/Goat

2. Rides
    - Kalesa
    -Jeep
    - Tricycle
    - Carabao
    -
    3. Drinks
    - Tuba
    - Lambanog

Enjoy! and Cheers!
    Keep moving on...

Well................ did you survive ???

I ate Durian in Singapore........Hmmm!! strange fruit, not a favorite.
    I ate Balut too, also not a fav' but worth a go ha ha

Steve

Banned
    Didn't quite get as adventurous as I would have preferred! Mindanao can do that to a wannabe backpacker such as myself..

Still, not so bothered about eating yukky stuff...

...Went to see a girl

Banned
    Find a live, wild native chicken Northener. Let the chicken beside you for an hour. Play with it and then let it cook and serve in your table after an hour.
    My husband can't do it. Maybe you can.

Banned
    I'd have no problem doing that.. I think if you can't be prepared to kill an animal, go veggie!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information