Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sticky rice?

Sticky rice?

I wonder if anyone actually makes sticky rice in UK?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    There used to be a place in Manchester called Cebu Cafe. Closed down now, was situated in a bad place to begin with at the top of Tib street. Sad really, had I have known about it before it closed, I would have tried it out.. As I'm still a Pinas newbie, I'm kind of curious to try some Filipino food

Banned
    i have had it at gatherings the ex used to make it, i still got frozen bananna leaves in the freezer

cant beat with manga for breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    oi Tawi kalami ana

Dont see any hereBack in the the PI every weekend my auntie makes sticky rice yummy with malagkit
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

I love sticky rice,got a pic somewhere of the cocoa plant in the back garden,its best with cocoa added Dave,I cannot believe the price of banana leaves here,I think the Thai shop in Kew sells them for £1.50 each?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    There used to be a place in Manchester called Cebu Cafe. Closed down now, was situated in a bad place to begin with at the top of Tib street. Sad really, had I have known about it before it closed, I would have tried it out.. As I'm still a Pinas newbie, I'm kind of curious to try some Filipino food

plenty of street food vendors selling what ever you fancy

am sure your rizza will show you

I love sticky rice,got a pic somewhere of the cocoa plant in the back garden,its best with cocoa added Dave,I cannot believe the price of banana leaves here,I think the Thai shop in Kew sells them for £1.50 each?
    Banana leaves

http://www.theasiancookshop.co.uk/in...unction=SEARCH
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    did you been in sea woo cash and carry???greenwich london
    lots of banana leaves there

Quote Originally Posted by lizaphil View Post
    did you been in sea woo cash and carry???greenwich london
    lots of banana leaves there
    ayan na -- Liza: the pinoy food explorer! By the way, thanks for the year supply of dried fish Liza.

Hmmm..suman (sticky rice)..missing that one too.
    "The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Respected Member
    U make me drool tawi2
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

One time i ate in a thai restaurant and they have that sticky rice and it taste the same, when i came home i search on internet the recipe of "suman" tried it myself and it turned out fine. Yummy with coconut jam then fry it next morning for breakfast.

i cook bico twice[sticky rice/coconut milk/red sugar]here alreadyit takes a week b4 i eat it all coz hubby dont like sweet foods.much better if it is fresh coconut milkcoz i only use the coconut milk in can

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tiN View Post
    U make me drool tawi2
    Word's Tawi loves to hear from a lady

You mean words I will probably hear if ever I work as a care-giver Thats about the only time a lady will ever say those words to me Forget sea woo Liza,just take a bolo into the glass-houses in Kew Gardens,they have fresh banana leaves and lemon grass growing (better add,dont get caught ).

Banned
    I'm going to have to try some of this sticky rice when I get over there in 2 months

Think I'll "STICK" with bacon, sausage & egg ... thanks very much!!!

[Not forgetting the 'french fries' (chips to us Brits) of course]

Banned
    We call it malagkit here Tawi. Sticky rice or malahkit is best for suman, arrozcaldo, champorado and puto. We have malagkit at farm so come here and be my visitor ehehehe my pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    i have had it at gatherings the ex used to make it, i still got frozen bananna leaves in the freezer

cant beat with manga for breakfast
    http://filipinaroses.com/copper/disp...at=10832&pos=0

Not for breakfast Dave lol but for my merienda! Green mango shake is my favourite. What sort of mango u like? We have 2 pahutan mango trees, 15 carabao mangoes 8 Indian mangoes and 1 pico mango.

I will be over in the morning pen,put the kettle on mate Enjoy your holiday and try and get some pics of nice fruits

Respected Member
    Oh dear
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

we call it puto maya....
    Filipina a born survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by eljean View Post
    we call it puto maya....
    I always called it Puto as well Might be because I am from the North-east like your husband.

depends on what you use to make it sticky?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Its glutinous isnt it I dont think your mind is on sticky rice,more something else

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Think I'll "STICK" with bacon, sausage & egg ... thanks very much!!!

[Not forgetting the 'french fries' (chips to us Brits) of course]
    Seconded!

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    We call it malagkit here Tawi. Sticky rice or malahkit is best for suman, arrozcaldo, champorado and puto. We have malagkit at farm so come here and be my visitor ehehehe my pleasure.

http://filipinaroses.com/copper/disp...at=10832&pos=0

Not for breakfast Dave lol but for my merienda! Green mango shake is my favourite. What sort of mango u like? We have 2 pahutan mango trees, 15 carabao mangoes 8 Indian mangoes and 1 pico mango.
    not so keen on the green ones i have a little when MRS T eats them she dips them in some vinegar

i like very juicy fresh ripe ones with a little suman sticky rice i would have after every meal if we have them on the table and as for shakes ooooooooo loverly

Respected Member
    oh i miss this one actually....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    not so keen on the green ones i have a little when MRS T eats them she dips them in some vinegar

i like very juicy fresh ripe ones with a little suman sticky rice i would have after every meal if we have them on the table and as for shakes ooooooooo loverly
    How do you know your wife is pregnant?

It's midnight and she's just sent her sister out to buy green mango and Bagoong

My husband & I have tried eating sticky rice in a Thai restaurant in Cebu, which is just similar to puto maya or suman. He liked it a lot so we bought malagkit/ glutinous rice in Phils. & brought it back to UK.

Then my husband made sticky rice using rice cooker following the thai way of cooking it, it turned out very well, very delicious especially with mango!
    with a heart full of love, you will express your highest potential while also fulfilling your soul's deepest purpose:
    TO LOVE AND BE LOVED!

Banned

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    How do you know your wife is pregnant?

It's midnight and she's just sent her sister out to buy green mango and Bagoong

if she pregnant there going to be BIG BIG BIG PROBLEM cause i had the chop a few years back i think they are eaten just before the red rag week arrives

Banned
    another favorite i like to eat is siopao and banana cake

and that very very light sponge cake cant think of the name at the moment making me feel hungry how do they make cakes so loverly and light in the philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information