Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile im new to this site

HI, Im new to this site. I was looking at the net for possible information that can help me understand the process of getting a visa in UK. I learned a lot from this site and I personally wanted to know more deeply about it. I hope you could help me out in every details... Thanks

Welcome Liane!!!
    "The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Respected Member
    welcome here liane
    if you have visa questions, feel free to ask and i'm sure the friendly forumers will gladly help you out to the best of their/our ability
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Hi welcome to the forum

What kind of visa are you looking for?

I would like to seek an advice about getting a visa, me and my boyfriend is considering of being together soon. We got plans of getting married but I am thinking that fiancee visa will be more faster in securing a visa ( am i right?). He is not that good in papers so he wanted me to know more about it ( he is a Polish living in UK for some years). What is the best thing to do? apply a fiancee visa or a spouse visa? I would like to know how it is done...
    I would appreciate very much if you could help me about this.
    Thanks a lot again.

visa help

I would like to seek an advice about getting a visa, me and my boyfriend is considering of being together soon. We got plans of getting married but I am thinking that fiancee visa will be more faster in securing a visa ( am i right?). He is not that good in papers so he wanted me to know more about it ( he is a Polish living in UK for some years). What is the best thing to do? apply a fiancee visa or a spouse visa? I would like to know how it is done...
    Thanks a lot again.

Quote Originally Posted by jencha8569 View Post
    Hi welcome to the forum

What kind of visa are you looking for?
    Thanks a lot again.

Quote Originally Posted by liane View Post
    Thanks a lot again.
    Hi Liane, Welcome to the forum. If your bf is Polish then he's got more rights with regard to bringing a wife here than we British have, but I don't know about fiancees. There is a different kind of visa for people in his situation and I'm sure one of our moderators (Dom) can tell you much more about it than I can.
    Iain.

Im sure many here will give yah advise soon.
    Mostly will advice you to marry here first in PI then apply for spouse visa
    for several reasons i.e. cheaper here, ur fam will witness it, chances
    of spouse visa is high and etc.
    But will vary how you and ur fiancee feel. Whats important either
    its a fiancee visa or spouse visa are:

1. fiancial capacity ( 2,000 pounds savings or more is good - up tp date six months bank statement is needed should have at least 250 pounds left after all taxes and expenses of ur husband)
    2. accomodation ( ur fiancee has an adequate place for you and him to live
    and not overcrowding -mortgage, rental books, landlords letter)
    3. proof of relationship ( pictures, chatlogs,emails,phone bills, personal letters, marriage cert from NSO if married here)

You will learn here more try to use the search link and visit this sites http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/ , www.british-filipino.com

I dont know if it will suit your situation coz ur fiancee is Polish but i think will be more easier and free. if u think its confusing feel free to ask im sure forumers will be glad to help you

hiya!Liane,welcome aboard

Quote Originally Posted by jencha8569 View Post
    Im sure many here will give yah advise soon.
    Mostly will advice you to marry here first in PI then apply for spouse visa
    for several reasons i.e. cheaper here, ur fam will witness it, chances
    of spouse visa is high and etc.
    But will vary how you and ur fiancee feel. Whats important either
    its a fiancee visa or spouse visa are:

1. fiancial capacity ( 2,000 pounds savings or more is good - up tp date six months bank statement is needed should have at least 250 pounds left after all taxes and expenses of ur husband)
    2. accomodation ( ur fiancee has an adequate place for you and him to live
    and not overcrowding -mortgage, rental books, landlords letter)
    3. proof of relationship ( pictures, chatlogs,emails,phone bills, personal letters, marriage cert from NSO if married here)

You will learn here more try to use the search link and visit this sites http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/ , www.british-filipino.com

I dont know if it will suit your situation coz ur fiancee is Polish but i think will be more easier and free. if u think its confusing feel free to ask im sure forumers will be glad to help you
    thanks alot, it gives me much hope. Can we get married if he will be just staying here for 2 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Hi Liane, Welcome to the forum. If your bf is Polish then he's got more rights with regard to bringing a wife here than we British have, but I don't know about fiancees. There is a different kind of visa for people in his situation and I'm sure one of our moderators (Dom) can tell you much more about it than I can.
    Iain.
    thanks for the advises... I hope to learn more everyday from helpful people in this site. Salamat

Quote Originally Posted by Ana_may365 View Post
    hiya!Liane,welcome aboard
    Thanks Ana..

Hello Liane warm welcome to the forum

Banned

Wink

cant help myself as he is not from the uk have no idea what the rules are if you are polish maybe someone does

Quote Originally Posted by miss.piggy View Post
    Welcome Liane!!!
    thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
    Hello Liane warm welcome to the forum
    thanks

Hi again Liane,

As your bf is a Polish national and he is living in the UK, if he marries you in the Philippines he can apply for a EEA (European Economic Area) Family Permit to bring you to live with him the UK.

The European Economic Area includes Poland so he has the right to live and work in the UK and by virtue of this he will also be able to (once you are his wife) bring you to the UK to live with him.

As I said in my earlier post, moderator Dom will probably be able to give you more information on this process, but I can tell you this much, it is much easier and cheaper, actually I think it might be free, to come here through the EEA Family Permit holder route than it would be if your bf was a British citizen and you had to apply for a fiancee or spouse visa.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/euc...sponsibilites/

Iain.

greetings from ireland...i am the dude
    POWER TO THE PEACEFUL. MABUHAY IRELAND AND PHILIPPINES

Hi and welcome
    JOHN and VANESSA

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Hi again Liane,

As your bf is a Polish national and he is living in the UK, if he marries you in the Philippines he can apply for a EEA (European Economic Area) Family Permit to bring you to live with him the UK.

The European Economic Area includes Poland so he has the right to live and work in the UK and by virtue of this he will also be able to (once you are his wife) bring you to the UK to live with him.

As I said in my earlier post, moderator Dom will probably be able to give you more information on this process, but I can tell you this much, it is much easier and cheaper, actually I think it might be free, to come here through the EEA Family Permit holder route than it would be if your bf was a British citizen and you had to apply for a fiancee or spouse visa.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/euc...sponsibilites/

Iain.

your right Iain, as long as he's exercising his treaty rights - that's he is In employment, in business, or economically self sufficient, if he is he is entitled to bring his family with him to the UK. Family includes spouse.

its free from the british embassy and you will get your visa probably within 30days

http://www.ncadc.org.uk/archives/fil...20permits.html

Respected Member
    welcome welcome
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    your right Iain, as long as he's exercising his treaty rights - that's he is In employment, in business, or economically self sufficient, if he is he is entitled to bring his family with him to the UK. Family includes spouse.

its free from the british embassy and you will get your visa probably within 30days

I wish I was a real European, not just a second class one (British), it would have saved me fortune.

Hello Lian, welcome in here

To your question - you and your BF have only TWO possiblilities - either apply for fiancee visa or marry in RP and apply for EEA family permit as your BF is Polish nationality he is exercising his rights in UK as a citizen of EEA member state (Republic of Poland).
    So in your situation I would see marriage option as the easiest, cheapest and possibly quickest route to join him in here in UK - depends on your circumstances.

Get married in Philippines, then you could apply for EEA family permit at UK Embassy in Manila - this has a couple of advantages over fiancee visa:

1) it is for FREE - unlike fiancee visa where your fiancee would have to fork out £ 585

2) processing of EEA family permit is much quicker at the embassy with current processing rate of 75% applications processed in 5 working days (1 working week) and total of 100% applications processed in 30 working days (6 weeks) - again unlike fiancee/spousal visa where current processing time is about 15 - 17 weeks

Obviously getting married in Philippines has its own complications in securing relevant documents from HIS and YOUR side and time complications as well. Suppose you can get a lot of relevant info about marriage in RP on this forum.
    But if he is able (finacially and timewise) to stay in Philippines for the time required to get married the advantages of EEA fam. permit far outweigh any possible complications - for example you will be able to start working straight after your arrival to UK
    And anyway - for fiancee visa you have to secure a lots of documents as well and spend a lot of money on top...

Hope this helps a little, good luck to you both
    Jiri & Maricel

Banned
    welcome liane to the forum

welcome welcome to the forum Liane
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Liane, Hi! Welcome to the forum... I'm sure you can get lots of information on here just keep on posting and search things you want to know ... share us too about your self ...good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Ji&Ma View Post
    Hello Lian, welcome in here

To your question - you and your BF have only TWO possiblilities - either apply for fiancee visa or marry in RP and apply for EEA family permit as your BF is Polish nationality he is exercising his rights in UK as a citizen of EEA member state (Republic of Poland).
    So in your situation I would see marriage option as the easiest, cheapest and possibly quickest route to join him in here in UK - depends on your circumstances.

Get married in Philippines, then you could apply for EEA family permit at UK Embassy in Manila - this has a couple of advantages over fiancee visa:

1) it is for FREE - unlike fiancee visa where your fiancee would have to fork out £ 585

2) processing of EEA family permit is much quicker at the embassy with current processing rate of 75% applications processed in 5 working days (1 working week) and total of 100% applications processed in 30 working days (6 weeks) - again unlike fiancee/spousal visa where current processing time is about 15 - 17 weeks

Obviously getting married in Philippines has its own complications in securing relevant documents from HIS and YOUR side and time complications as well. Suppose you can get a lot of relevant info about marriage in RP on this forum.
    But if he is able (finacially and timewise) to stay in Philippines for the time required to get married the advantages of EEA fam. permit far outweigh any possible complications - for example you will be able to start working straight after your arrival to UK
    And anyway - for fiancee visa you have to secure a lots of documents as well and spend a lot of money on top...

Hope this helps a little, good luck to you both
    Hi, I am really thankful about the information you shared with me. Its a big relief for me that there is an easy way to join him in the UK when we get married. You see I'm having a hard time explaining to him about the process of getting a visa (documents to be presented etc.) Applying for an EEA family permit will be a big help for us. He will be staying in the Philippines with me for 2 weeks, so I hope we can talk about it more when he arrives here. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge regarding this matter, I really appreciated it so much. God bless!

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

I'm really grateful about this website, I got so many help coming from members, you gave me a warm welcome here. So the best way is to get married here in the Philippines then we can apply for EEA family permit right? My question is, are the required documents the same in applying a spouse visa or it requires a bit more of documents?
    Thanks in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by liane View Post
    Hi, I am really thankful about the information you shared with me. Its a big relief for me that there is an easy way to join him in the UK when we get married. You see I'm having a hard time explaining to him about the process of getting a visa (documents to be presented etc.) Applying for an EEA family permit will be a big help for us. He will be staying in the Philippines with me for 2 weeks, so I hope we can talk about it more when he arrives here. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge regarding this matter, I really appreciated it so much. God bless!
    You are very welcomed - but be aware that the paperwork needed for your EEA family permit is more or less the same as you will need to provide for spouse/fiancée visa.
    That means you have to basically show ECO that your relationship is stable, that you have met, your husband have necessary funds, proof of accommodation etc. etc.
    But still - it is for free and quickly sorted
    Jiri & Maricel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information