Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

Rat-eating plant discovered in Philippines

I've seen venus plants here and amazing. But we have more amazing plants in Pinas just discovered

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ear...ilippines.html

I read that in a horticultural Journal a few days ago Pen,I have seen some biggies
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

It would be fantastic if they could get them to grow in London!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I read that in a horticultural Journal a few days ago Pen,I have seen some biggies
    Beautiful

If you have a look at the picture I think that rats been placed in there for the photograph,not even the largest pitcher plant could kill and dissolve a full grown rat as they are arboreal and could easily climb out,pitchers rely on drowning their victims like small insects,that rats got its head sticking out,no way did it drown and the plants juices dissolve a creature over time.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    I believe theres specimens as we speak in Kew

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Do you mean Parliament and Downing Street?
    Jiri & Maricel

Yeah,bigger man sized versions to eat the bigger rats

Banned
    If you have a look at the picture I think that rats been placed in there for the photograph,not even the largest pitcher plant could kill and dissolve a full grown rat as they are arboreal and could easily climb out,pitchers rely on drowning their victims like small insects,that rats got its head sticking out,no way did it drown and the plants juices dissolve a creature over time.
    If in doubt, go to Palawan MT. Victoria

I do doubt penny because I know a little about plants and a little about rattus norwegicus Pitchers dissolve their victims normally carapace and chitin insects slowly over a matter of days or weeks,look at the rat in the pic,its been placed there facing outmaybe,just maybe,the odd tiny rat could fall in but no way Jose does that plant eat rats on a regular basis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitcher_plant

Banned
    Yeah,bigger man sized versions to eat the bigger rats
    Wish I could have some of those in our farm, we have rats there big as cat Rats eats chicks brain only. They leave the body I've seen lots of our chicks without brain. We accused 2 predators before. Snake or maybe rats and we caught it was rats

Rats are INCREDIBLE I once went to the Karni Mata rat temple in Bikaner just to see them,I was fascinated by them as a kid,they are arboreal and predatorial,if you leave a dead rat in a trap and theres no other food source around they will resort to cannabalism

Banned
    Rats are INCREDIBLE I once went to the Karni Mata rat temple in Bikaner just to see them,I was fascinated by them as a kid,they are arboreal and predatorial,if you leave a dead rat in a trap and theres no other food source around they will resort to cannabalism
    Cannibalism? It's my turn ahahhaha joke huh I like people correcting my english and spelling. Like you sometimes
    I'm learning and that's great

This is what you need for the farm pen,guaranteed to keep the rat population down http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGRN39oifsE
    But this is what the professionals use,watch it to the end,the rest is just pumping the mix into the burrows http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XM8DZRO34o

Thanks for correcting my engrish Pen

Banned
    I don't think it will work Tawi. When hubby was in Pinas, he tried Rat trap, sticky and wired trap, he poisoned them but still we have rats (our pets). He caught some and drowned into the water

I found different rat killers here. It's aqua blue in colour. I think that is more effective. Rats may like imported food from UK who knows.

Large scale infestations your better off poisoning them pen,as you said they might like an imported anticoagulant poison

Just buy King Cobra's to roam your property
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

You dont have to buy them over there,seen quite a number of cobras in Pinas

You dont have to buy them over there,seen quite a number of cobras in Pinas
    Spitting snakes eh.....back to Catholic priests
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Those guys make me shudder,thats the truth,they preach all this hypocrisy(spelling check Penny)then behind closed doors..................

i don't believe it,

why, rats will gnaw thru anything, even thru my thick plastic bin at work, wood, lead, even concrete.they can cause great destruction with their powerful teeth and jaws. so i would have thought it wouldn't take long to get thru a plant

Thread Information