Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Bank Statements

Bank Statements

Hello to all the members of UK filipino forum. I haven't been in this forum in awhile. Just a quick question, we are now in the process of applying spouse visa and just want to confirm if 1 months bank statement is ok. My husband think its ok, we have the bank statement dated Jun-July. And do they accept scanned copies?

You mean your husbands bank statements?
    If yes I would say that just month won't be enough for them - take a look into the VFS checklist and you can find this under paragraph 3:

Evidence that sponsor can support you financially. We would recommend you supply up-to-date detailed bank statements and other savings covering a period of 6 months prior to the date of application and evidence of employment.

If you mean your own bank statements (Philippines) - I don't think there is need to supply any...
    Good luck in your application
    Jiri & Maricel

Quote Originally Posted by Ji&Ma View Post
    You mean your husbands bank statements?
    If yes I would say that just month won't be enough for them - take a look into the VFS checklist and you can find this under paragraph 3:

Evidence that sponsor can support you financially. We would recommend you supply up-to-date detailed bank statements and other savings covering a period of 6 months prior to the date of application and evidence of employment.

If you mean your own bank statements (Philippines) - I don't think there is need to supply any...
    Good luck in your application
    Thank you so much! Yes, my husband's bank statement one more question, Is the scanned copies acceptable? Or they will still need the original copies?

Quote Originally Posted by scottishbride View Post
    Thank you so much! Yes, my husband's bank statement one more question, Is the scanned copies acceptable? Or they will still need the original copies?
    Original copies are better - if you aren't able to get them ( ie. your husband got online statements only) he can get a stamped copies from his bank or he can copy originals and get them certified as a "true copy" by his bank manager or other "trusted person" - post office manager, local policeman etc...
    Jiri & Maricel

I should imagine the ORIGINALS would be required ... at least that was the case when WE submitted my wife's application back in January. But don't worry, the Embassy will return them intact when your visa is released.

Good luck! If there's anything else you need to know, I'll be glad to help based on OUR experience.

1 month, has your husband read the guidance notes or the vis app form

it's 6 months not 1 month ..

send them what they ask for, or you risk refusal, as they will base their decision on what evidence you have sent

should be originals.but copies might do, but again, read the notes and send what they ask for

Quote Originally Posted by Ji&Ma View Post
    Original copies are better - if you aren't able to get them ( ie. your husband got online statements only) he can get a stamped copies from his bank or he can copy originals and get them certified as a "true copy" by his bank manager or other "trusted person" - post office manager, local policeman etc...
    Okay thanks, My husband already call his bank and they said they mailed him the one year statement covering until June only. Is this adequate if we apply this month? Or will they require until August?

as far as i can remember i submitted my husband's bank statement up to the latest date that i handed my visa application back then. Better ask your husband if he has the july as will as part maybe of August, save you a lot of thinking about when your waiting for your visa result.

6 MOnths, or more. YOu're establishing his ability to support you with no recourse to public funds, so it is importnat for them to see that its real. (i.e. not just a 'loan' amount thats just appeared there for a month or so)

I'm concerned that the guidance hasnt been checked or understood here, as this is a very clearly stated. Might be worth downloading all relevant guidance notes from the VFS and British embassy sites and double checking you have everything covered?

:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    I should imagine the ORIGINALS would be required ... at least that was the case when WE submitted my wife's application back in January. But don't worry, the Embassy will return them intact when your visa is released.

Good luck! If there's anything else you need to know, I'll be glad to help based on OUR experience.
    Thank you so much!

Bank Statements

As mentioned, you need to submit 6 months' worth of statements.

They HAVE to be originals.... but you can blank out the actual account number.

Also .... the statements HAVE to show regular cash / credit payments into the
    account.
    Also, handing over 6 months' worth of statements, with no or little activity on the
    account is gonna raise suspicions, lead to more questions, and more than likely a REFUSAL.

You HAVE to show them (the British Embassy) that your financial position is stable, and
    able to accomodate an "extra" mouth ... ie YOU !
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Thank you so much ACS, MarBelle379, Sir Joebloggs and Bluebirds. Now one last question guys, what other information needs to provide about his mortgage? We have his 1 year mortgage statement and picture of his house in UK . Would these be enough?

Mortgage statement

.. if he still has it, the agents' sales leaflet, highlighting all the "aspects" of
    the house,

also, the mortgage lender's "analysis" of the house would help ...
    ie, their "assesment" of the house....eg "brick built, 2 bedroomed, etc etc "
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post
    .. if he still has it, the agents' sales leaflet, highlighting all the "aspects" of
    the house,

also, the mortgage lender's "analysis" of the house would help ...
    ie, their "assesment" of the house....eg "brick built, 2 bedroomed, etc etc "
    Bunch of thanks!

Banned
    Hello to all the members of UK filipino forum. I haven't been in this forum in awhile. Just a quick question, we are now in the process of applying spouse visa and just want to confirm if 1 months bank statement is ok. My husband think its ok, we have the bank statement dated Jun-July. And do they accept scanned copies?
    Hi yah Mel, hows life ? 6 months po bank statement and not scan po hehe, you should ask bank statement from the bank, like I did, make sure gather all the requirements my friend and para see you here na

Banned
    Thank you so much ACS, MarBelle379, Sir Joebloggs and Bluebirds. Now one last question guys, what other information needs to provide about his mortgage? We have his 1 year mortgage statement and picture of his house in UK . Would these be enough?
    And that was definitely fine, one year mortgage statement and also include what bluebird say as well

3 months would be ok.

original of course

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
    3 months would be ok.
    No, 3 months would not be ok, read the thread again before posting misleading information.

thou some people have sent 3 months and got a visa, your increasing the risk of refusal

at best you'll get the visa, at worse they will refuse your visa for not sending the required evidence, if your lucky they might ask you to send the other 3 months statements.

why risk problems - lose your fee and waste time and then having to appeal or re-apply

one of the main reasons for a visa being refused is because the person has sent in a uncompleted application/missing evidence, like i said if your lucky they will contact you and give you time to send the evidence, if not they will base the application on the evidence you've submitted and so your refusal risk has just increased

the embassy are not stupid, if you send only 3 months statements they know why you have not sent the others

Quote Originally Posted by ukgangster View Post
    No, 3 months would not be ok, read the thread again before posting misleading information.
    misleading? I use 3 months and i was issued a visa. So dont say i mislead people! ok!

misleading? I use 3 months and i was issued a visa. So dont say i mislead people! ok!
    but the requirement is 6 months, not 3 months rainmaker, and just because you got your visa sending less than you was required to, doesn't mean everyone else would be so lucky .

as always send what your asked for, or at worse you risk your visa being refused, at best you'll get your visa and in the middle they'll ask you for the other 3 months, but this will cause a delay in processing your app

go by the rules, and you should be ok, I've applied for more than 6 visa's, got each one by doing what they asked, and i don't own property of my own, never had much savings or a well paid job

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    but the requirement is 6 months, not 3 months rainmaker, and just because you got your visa sending less than you was required to, doesn't mean everyone else would be so lucky .

as always send what your asked for, or at worse you risk your visa being refused, at best you'll get your visa and in the middle they'll ask you for the other 3 months, but this will cause a delay in processing your app

go by the rules, and you should be ok, I've applied for more than 6 visa's, got each one by doing what they asked, and i don't own property of my own, never had much savings or a well paid job
    i was just upset cuz he implies im misleading people,which is not. dats ol.anyway thanks 4 understanding me.Peace!

i was just upset cuz he implies im misleading people,which is not. dats ol.anyway thanks 4 understanding me.Peace!
    no problem, i understand, its just that some embassy workers go by the book, and look for reasons to refuse a visa app, than for reasons to grant it

good you got it with 3 months statements

Banned
    i think it would be a very foolish idea not to submit EVERYTHING as they wanted but hey what do i know we just submitted the FOURTH APPLICATION

Banned
    And as we said, the more evidence we can supply the better

Respected Member

keep the peace

hi all
    can i just add, we are all trying to help out, so rainmaker and ukgangster keep the peace rainmaker great you got the visa with 3 months evidence but you should have added that this was with your own experience and ukgangster you could have toned it down a bit. Im no expert but i would have to go with 6 months as a rule as quoted by moderators and respected members.keep it civil as we are all here to to help and learn
    Sammy

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    thou some people have sent 3 months and got a visa, your increasing the risk of refusal

at best you'll get the visa, at worse they will refuse your visa for not sending the required evidence, if your lucky they might ask you to send the other 3 months statements.

why risk problems - lose your fee and waste time and then having to appeal or re-apply

one of the main reasons for a visa being refused is because the person has sent in a uncompleted application/missing evidence, like i said if your lucky they will contact you and give you time to send the evidence, if not they will base the application on the evidence you've submitted and so your refusal risk has just increased

the embassy are not stupid, if you send only 3 months statements they know why you have not sent the others
    These people are mere bean counters you know, they count up the beans and if the total is correct, they'll give you the visa, if the total is wrong, they might well refuse your visa. As joe says, don't give them the slightest reason to refuse your visa, because if the ECO who looks at it is having a bad day, it may well be refused.

Iain.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    These people are mere bean counters you know, they count up the beans and if the total is correct, they'll give you the visa, if the total is wrong, they might well refuse your visa. As joe says, don't give them the slightest reason to refuse your visa, because if the ECO who looks at it is having a bad day, it may well be refused.

Iain.
    your not filling in a form to apply to join a gym or some other pointless form, it's one of the most important forms you will ever fill in, it effect your life and future, your paying £500 and waiting months to know the result, last thing you want is a refusal. so check and double check you have sent every thing and filled it in correctly , and like 95% of the people on here, you shouldn't have a problem

Thread Information